• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'official 2014-15 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have a 1st round pick in this years draft either. I'd want a top 10 pick this year & a 2nd this year or a 1st next.
You're gonna have a hard time getting that with PR carrying a $17M cap hit.

I have no problem with what he's getting paid - especially compared to some of the guys making more than him - but there's not a ton of leverage if they're a) having to move him because he's unhappy and b) there's only a handful of teams that can really absorb that kind of cap hit, and of those, a few already have their clear #1 (e.g., Green Bay). So their potential trading partners are limited.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna have a hard time getting that with PR carrying a $17M cap hit.

I have no problem with what he's getting paid - especially compared to some of the guys making more than him - but there's not a ton of leverage if they're a) having to move him because he's unhappy and b) there's only a handful of teams that can really absorb that kind of cap hit, and of those, a few already have their clear #1 (e.g., Green Bay). So their potential trading partners are limited.

The Titans & Jets make sense. Other than them I don't really know.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernandez found guilty on all counts for his murder charges.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Hernandez found guilty on all counts for his murder charges.

^Lawrence Phillips new cell mate?

sentence already handed down. (is that unusual for a fast sentence for the US system?)

life in prison..... 3 miles from Gillette Stadium ..... wow that will be a reminder what a waste of lives

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sentence already handed down. (is that unusual for a fast sentence for the US system?)

life in prison..... 3 miles from Gillette Stadium ..... wow that will be a reminder what a waste of lives
Depends on the state and the charges. Mass. has no death penalty (the Boston Marathon bombing conviction was federal, which is why he could get the death penalty) and, if I'm not mistaken, has an automatic life without parole for first degree murder.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about polar opposites in the NFL. Troy Polamalu retires last Friday, and this piece of excrement gets life without parole today. I have to admit that my love of the game and overall interest in the NFL is lessening. It seems like more and more, the character of the athlete in today's game is probably at an all time low. The NFL has a major problem. It might be the most popular by the ratings, but it's never been lower in terms of what the majority of the athlete's are about. Valuing winning above all else is forcing them to dive into the dregs of society in order to do it. That's a heavy compromise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Aaron Hernandez and I'm 100% guilty, totally screwed and mylife is about to be over, for shits and giggles I'd request a trial by combat. Even if they say no at least it's something memorable.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Aaron Hernandez and I'm 100% guilty, totally screwed and mylife is about to be over, for shits and giggles I'd request a trial by combat. Even if they say no at least it's something memorable.

But the Viper isnt coming back to take up the challenge.....

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
CC_SvtaVAAAtfsV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.