• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'official 2014-15 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just me or were the bulk of those tv cathode ray tube sets?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question regarding LeGarrette Blount for all of you.

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. This guy quit on the Steelers by leaving the field before the game was over. The Steelers did the right thing by releasing him. The following Sunday he was the starting Running Back for the Patriots. The media acted as if it was no big deal. It was a forgone conclusion that he would end up in New England. Espn had him & other players visit their studios. He appeared on various shows during the day for the network.

What I want to know is why is this behavior acceptable to so many people & the media? I have a hard time believing a NHL team would have taken a chance on him if he were a hockey player. Am I wrong about this? I'm not going to be able to discuss this until next week. Sorry. Take care everyone.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question regarding LeGarrette Blount for all of you.

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. This guy quit on the Steelers by leaving the field before the game was over. The Steelers did the right thing by releasing him. The following Sunday he was the starting Running Back for the Patriots. The media acted as if it was no big deal. It was a forgone conclusion that he would end up in New England. Espn had him & other players visit their studios. He appeared on various shows during the day for the network.

What I want to know is why is this behavior acceptable to so many people & the media? I have a hard time believing a NHL team would have taken a chance on him if he were a hockey player. Am I wrong about this? I'm not going to be able to discuss this until next week. Sorry. Take care everyone.

I mean, I'm a Steelers fan, so my opinion is a bit biased...but, yeah it bugs me. I was actually not a fan of them releasing him, but that was purely because of the team depth issue (which of course became an issue after Bell got hurt). It was the right move for the team, and even some players were happy it happened. Winning cures all though, so now he's adored and it's nauseating. He quit on the Steelers because he pretty much knew he had a job in the wings in New England if he wanted it. It's scummy, and I agree that in a league like the NHL it probably wouldn't be looked at rosily, but I think it would happen. NHL locker rooms don't tolerate assholes as much as they do in the NFL, but that's because assholes seem to be the majority.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this before...at least it's less shit-colored now...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They selected " johnny footballs vomit" on the color wheel

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the color is called 'when dog eats pumpkin'.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if they're bluffing to get a better stadium deal at home, but the Raiders and Chargers are talking about a joint stadium in Carson, CA.

San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders have joint stadium plan near Los Angeles - ESPN

Not sure why the Raiders don't just try to get into Levi's Stadium with San Fran.

The Mayor of San Diego met with Dean Spanos last Sunday. They plan on having something in the works in San Diego in 3 months. I'll believe it when I it happens. San Diego could have had the race track & drag racing tracks that Glendale has, but for some stupid reason didn't do it. Politics ruins everything.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help it. I love Rex Ryan he makes me laugh

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is right. Salary dump? Can't say I really know their salaries or what their situations were like with their team's.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is right. Salary dump? Can't say I really know their salaries or what their situations were like with their team's.

I think Kiko Alonso is making $1.1 per year right now

But it's not just a salary dump - this is a football deal - the Eagles improve their defense greatly if he comes back healthy

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently, Frank Gore might sign with the Colts instead of the Eagles now

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1