• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's THE DAY

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a team that gave up as much as we will in order to get MM and actually came out on top......good luck with that one.

Nice, that's an even better question, PG. It deals with pros in the pros. Lets keep college out of it since we aren't playing college football here. Many pro teams have tried "trading it all" for one guy, and every single one of them FAILED.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is absolutely terrified that Chip is going to bend our future over tonight to get Mariota? Let's face it, the amount of picks/players we'd need to deal to get up to #2 is simply too high.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are scared shitless.....many of you people bitched Andy Reid the greatest coach Philadelphia may have ever had was too damn conservative, now ya got BIG BALLS CHIP and your scared!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is absolutely terrified that Chip is going to bend our future over tonight to get Mariota? Let's face it, the amount of picks/players we'd need to deal to get up to #2 is simply too high.

No you are not the only one. Some people think Mariota can play defense or something. Anyone can play QB here. QBs not much of a problem. This is an easy system for QBs. We've had two top 5 offenses in two years with two average QBs.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are scared shitless.....many of you people bitched Andy Reid the greatest coach Philadelphia may have ever had was too damn conservative, now ya got BIG BALLS CHIP and your scared!

Are you serious? I call bullshit.

Reid was aggressive and made lots of trades. He just sucked at picking players.

My point is this. The cost to get MM is going to be too high and we cannot afford to pay it.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are not the only one. Some people think Mariota can play defense or something. Anyone can play QB here. QBs not much of a problem. This is an easy system for QBs. We've had two top 5 offenses in two years with two average QBs.

Agreed. Which is why I think the whole "do whatever it takes to get MM" mindset is ludicrous. Do people really think we're better of with MM as opposed to Bradford, Kendricks, Cox, plus the picks we'd get to keep?

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no secret that Cleveland wants Bradford, and are willing to give up a 1st for him. I think we'd be in better shape shipping him out to CLE for either of their first rounders, then taking a QB in the later rounds of this draft and developing him under Captain Buttfumble for a year.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no secret that Cleveland wants Bradford, and are willing to give up a 1st for him. I think we'd be in better shape shipping him out to CLE for either of their first rounders, then taking a QB in the later rounds of this draft and developing him under Captain Buttfumble for a year.

I'd be ecstatic to do that also.

Bradford for a #1 is a damn steal and if it's really there you have to do it even if you don't use it to move up for Mariota.

I'd rather they use it to move up but I don't want to send out most of your best current players and all our draft picks.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ecstatic to do that also.

Bradford for a #1 is a damn steal and if it's really there you have to do it even if you don't use it to move up for Mariota.

I'd rather they use it to move up but I don't want to send out most of your best current players and all our draft picks.

I dunno. I think I'd rather have #19 & #20, than combine them to move up. I think we can get two damn good players at those picks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Which is why I think the whole "do whatever it takes to get MM" mindset is ludicrous. Do people really think we're better of with MM as opposed to Bradford, Kendricks, Cox, plus the picks we'd get to keep?
Soulx.. Myself and a few others have been debating this for about a week at least. I think Chip would be out of his mind to surrender these package deals that are rumored to get MM. I like MM, but not at the cost of making our defense even worse ( if that's even possible). I just cannot see it happening. I will go out on a limb and say that the Eagles will go after Grayson tonight in the later rounds.
Edit: Grayson selected by Eagles Friday or Saturday!

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soulx.. Myself and a few others have been debating this for about a week at least. I think Chip would be out of his mind to surrender these package deals that are rumored to get MM. I like MM, but not at the cost of making our defense even worse ( if that's even possible). I just cannot see it happening. I will go out on a limb and say that the Eagles will go after Grayson tonight in the later rounds.
Edit: Grayson selected by Eagles Friday or Saturday!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I don't have anything against MM personally, I think he'll be a fairly decent pro. However, it just isn't realistic to think we can move from #20 to #2 without irreparably damaging the team.

G

greenwing

Assuming Chip doesn't turn into Simple Jack and trades the farm for one guy I think it will come down to three picks at #20.

Those picks are

Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (6'2" 210)

Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (6'0" 215)

Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St. (6'4" 210)

I will be completely happy with any one of those guys. These guys are all solid picks and fill in immediate holes.

G

greenwing

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I don't have anything against MM personally, I think he'll be a fairly decent pro. However, it just isn't realistic to think we can move from #20 to #2 without irreparably damaging the team.

Exactly! The ends don not justify the means. We already have enough holes as it is.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its%20Happening%20Chip%20Kelly%20FINAL%20eyes%20WATERMARK.gif
Its%20Happening%20Chip%20Kelly%20FINAL%20eyes%20WATERMARK.gif~c200

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Chip doesn't turn into Simple Jack and trades the farm for one guy I think it will come down to three picks at #20.

Those picks are

Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (6'2" 210)

Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (6'0" 215)

Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St. (6'4" 210)

I will be completely happy with any one of those guys. These guys are all solid picks and fill in immediate holes.
just my opinion here, but I think Chip will not move up to grab MM at 2. I think we do trade Bradford for Cleveland's 19. Me thinks Chip may just load up the cupboard with prospects which would help on offense and defense. He will draft a QB later on to groom under Sanchez for a season. We get a safety or Cb and a WR in 1st round. My guess is that the Eagles really like Perriman. They may trade Kendricks and Boykin and continue to load up picks later in the draft to get possibly OL, and a QB (Grayson). Go ahead and fire away.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO -- MM to the Eagles isnt going to happen, the Titans dont want to move that far back --whether its 12 or 19 or 20, I also dont think the Titans are taking him either .. its all posturing. I think the Jets end up getting him with the #6 pick, they wont be listening to anyone. I still think Bradford could be moved if the Browns offer the 12 pick up, but Chip might be holding out for 12/19.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my opinion here, but I think Chip will not move up to grab MM at 2. I think we do trade Bradford for Cleveland's 19. Me thinks Chip may just load up the cupboard with prospects which would help on offense and defense. He will draft a QB later on to groom under Sanchez for a season. We get a safety or Cb and a WR in 1st round. My guess is that the Eagles really like Perriman. They may trade Kendricks and Boykin and continue to load up picks later in the draft to get possibly OL, and a QB (Grayson). Go ahead and fire away.

Yeah, I'm on board with this. I'd love to have the #19/20 picks, and end up with Perriman and a CB/S.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:baby: :bathbaby: :bawling: :behindsofa: :burt: :hurt: Tell'em Wingo!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. :lol::suds: