• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's THE DAY

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's gonna be a fun day with quite a bit of action across the entire draft. I'm thinking theres gonna be quite a few trades today.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree. Chip is nuckin futs so who knows what he dreams up.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns might using leaked Titans reports to pit pressure on the Eagles ... saying you won't give us Bradford we'll go after MM.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what is said, we ARE getting Marcus. In chip we trust. Now, be prepared to lose Cox, Kendricks, Mathis, Boykins, and whoever else, because Chip will give up anybody to get this done. There's too much at stake to not get MM at this point. there is no return. No other option. Fasten your seatbelts, Boys!

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think we're getting MM, we might trade Bradford, Kendricks and Boykins ... but I think Chip keeping Sanchez and getting Murray/Mathews he has a backup plan to still make major noise in the draft.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already started a day full of sedatives and alcohol to keep me calm. This is gonna be a loooong work day!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks like we are getting Marcus...

a2087156612_10.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing apart this team so Chip can get his play thing is more important to you guys than winning. Such a disgrace.

I think Chip is a good enough coach to win with other QBs. I hope he feels the same way about himself.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think we're getting MM, we might trade Bradford, Kendricks and Boykins ... but I think Chip keeping Sanchez and getting Murray/Mathews he has a backup plan to still make major noise in the draft.

You may very well be right, Ice, but I think that Chip will git'er done! Unless we have to give up too many 1st round picks, nobody is untouchable on the roster.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford goes to Cleveland just think how smart Chip was to grab Bradford. Then if he gets Manziel back too he could probably flip him for a high pick next year if he stays clean. This could be a genius trade up with a chance to recoup picks by the time it's over. If we can keep Cox it would be quite a heist.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny that the Browns think they can get Bradford. Why in the world would they give up a first round pick for a player that has already publicly stated he will not sign an extension with any other teams?

CK is not a by any means necessary person. Some of you think that because you do not like the decisions he made. What he has shown me is the he will build his team his way. He traded Shady and a lot of you here wanted him gone but criticize the move when it was made. He let the Chiefs overpay for Maclin and while some agree that the Chiefs paid too much they still bash CK.

Now some of you expect him to make the defense one of the worst in the NFL for MM. That is not going to happen. CK wants to win. I think he is obsessed with it and I think even he knows you can't bet the farm on one player.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing apart this team so Chip can get his play thing is more important to you guys than winning. Such a disgrace.

I think Chip is a good enough coach to win with other QBs. I hope he feels the same way about himself.
Enut it has nothing to do with that! It has to do with over 90% of the Superbowls that were ever won were done so with a good QB! Period. It all starts and stops with the play of the QB. Chip feels he can put an offense out there that nobody can stop! Period....He is the coach, if he feels that way i'm with the guy! The man has put a top 5 offense out there for 2 straight years with mediocre to garbage Qb play! He went and rebuilt a majority of our secondary...He built the best special teams unit in the NFL....So if we have the #1 offense, the # 1 Special teams, and the 20th ranked Defense i'm certain we are still making the playoffs....and next offseason he pute the remaining pices of the puzzle in place. IN CHIP I TRUST!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are the ones who will trade up for Mariota. They are likely to give up the 6th pick, Mohammed Wilkerson and next year's first. The Eagles simply can't compete with that ... it will be Bradford and Sanchez for better or worse.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut it has nothing to do with that! It has to do with over 90% of the Superbowls that were ever won were done so with a good QB! Period. It all starts and stops with the play of the QB. Chip feels he can put an offense out there that nobody can stop! Period....He is the coach, if he feels that way i'm with the guy! The man has put a top 5 offense out there for 2 straight years with mediocre to garbage Qb play! He went and rebuilt a majority of our secondary...He built the best special teams unit in the NFL....So if we have the #1 offense, the # 1 Special teams, and the 20th ranked Defense i'm certain we are still making the playoffs....and next offseason he pute the remaining pices of the puzzle in place. IN CHIP I TRUST!

Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams. Mark Rypien just off the top of my head were not that great of a QB. Chip's system probably could win with a healthy Bradford possibly? It's the defense we should be worrying about more imo.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny that the Browns think they can get Bradford. Why in the world would they give up a first round pick for a player that has already publicly stated he will not sign an extension with any other teams?

CK is not a by any means necessary person. Some of you think that because you do not like the decisions he made. What he has shown me is the he will build his team his way. He traded Shady and a lot of you here wanted him gone but criticize the move when it was made. He let the Chiefs overpay for Maclin and while some agree that the Chiefs paid too much they still bash CK.

Now some of you expect him to make the defense one of the worst in the NFL for MM. That is not going to happen. CK wants to win. I think he is obsessed with it and I think even he knows you can't bet the farm on one player.

I agree with the sentiment here .. I dont think CK will mortgage the future for MM (others might have a different definition of mortgage) but every "draft time of year" there are thousands of rumors floated that are just plausible enough to gain traction -- some even not so plausible -- and 95% of them turn out to not be even close to being true (floated by agents, floated by other gms, floated by the media) the other 4.999% never materialize. I also think that he has several moves lined up that have nothing to do with MM. A couple of things I have learned over the years:

You cannot trust the rumors (yes they are fun) because you dont know who is floating them.
Most teams (maybe except the Vikings and Browns) have backup plans and contingencies worked out.
GMs and teams will never show their true play until the last moment.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut hang on there, Peter King still thinks it is a longshot. No need to get butthurt...yet.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut it has nothing to do with that! It has to do with over 90% of the Superbowls that were ever won were done so with a good QB! Period. It all starts and stops with the play of the QB. Chip feels he can put an offense out there that nobody can stop! Period.

The Patriots 2007 offense was stopped and they did not win the Super Bowl. The Broncos 2013 offense was stopped and they did not win the Super Bowl. Those are two of the top 5 QBs of all time.

He is the coach, if he feels that way i'm with the guy! The man has put a top 5 offense out there for 2 straight years with mediocre to garbage Qb play!

Yes so if the offense can be that good with any QB, then there is no reason to make the rest of the team worse to go get one specific QB.

He went and rebuilt a majority of our secondary...

This secondary is trash. It was the weakest part of the team the last two years. And it is still the weakest part of the team.

He built the best special teams unit in the NFL....

Yay. I am overjoyed.

So if we have the #1 offense, the # 1 Special teams, and the 20th ranked Defense i'm certain we are still making the playoffs.

Let's take a look at the bottom 5 defenses in the NFL last year. Falcons, Saints, Bears, Giants and the Eagles. All those teams have good to great offenses. Some of them have top QBs. Our defense was 28th in the league last season. You think you can gut it, remove its best player and somehow it's top 20 now? Huh?

And that's not even a good enough defense to win it all anyway. Your defense will face the top QBs in the playoffs. It better be up to task. It better be able to hang with Aaron Rodgers.

...and next offseason he pute the remaining pices of the puzzle in place. IN CHIP I TRUST!

Next offseason with no 1st round pick, no 2nd round pick and who knows how much money and what players available? LOL. Lots of people put a lot of trust in the Titanic. It was new and shiny.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fundamental issue here is that eaglesnut actually believes the eagles are close right now. He thinks they can win a championship with this team. So the idea of trading assets for a potential franchise QB annoys him because he thinks we are built to win now.

Never mind that our QBs are Sam Bradford (hurt), Mark Sanchez (buttfumble), Matt Barkley (scrub) and Tim Tebow (can't throw rocks in ocean). He thinks this team is Super Bowl caliber.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut hang on there, Peter King still thinks it is a longshot. No need to get butthurt...yet.

Peter King says that he is usually wrong. The media has no clue what is likely to happen, especially when it comes to Chip. Andy Reid used to leak some info to some friends, but not Chip.