• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My WTF Moment Of The Day

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a grocery store here in Florida that serves lunch meals, and their rotisserie chicken is pretty decent. As I stated in another thread been dealing with a friend in Hospice so I have not been at the grill as much as I would like. So decided to get a half a rotisserie chicken. This is exactly how the price board reads.

Half Chicken $ 8.99
Two Half Chickens $22.00

Does that make sense to anyone, they could not explain it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a grocery store here in Florida that serves lunch meals, and their rotisserie chicken is pretty decent. As I stated in another thread been dealing with a friend in Hospice so I have not been at the grill as much as I would like. So decided to get a half a rotisserie chicken. This is exactly how the price board reads.

Half Chicken $ 8.99
Two Half Chickens $22.00

Chicken shortage.
Chicken is hard to get right now.....

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I can get two halfs for $17.98 why would anyone pay $22.00
Is this a form of "new math" that I have heard about?
Or is another case of "Florida man?"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half Chicken $ 8.99
Two Half Chickens $22.00

This is what you get with entry level positions these days. Whoever priced it is fucking clueless and actually doesn't give a fuck about fixing it even if they find out that they fucked up.

I'm often baffled by the idiocy out there these days. I know I sound old when I say this but young kids were a lot fucking smarter in my day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm often baffled by the idiocy out there these days. I know I sound old when I say this but young kids were a lot fucking smarter in my day.
I know I'm old, but PEOPLE used to be a lot smarter.

I heard girls talking in a store about something on sale. Sign said 33% off. One of them said, "How does that work?" I just walked away.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half Chicken $ 8.99
Two Half Chickens $22.00

Costco will give you the whole chicken for $4.99 (I know, none near you :( )

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I can get two halfs for $17.98 why would anyone pay $22.00
Man walks into a store looking for bread, Asks the owner if he has bread.
The owner says, "yes, we have this one for $1 and this one for $2.
Customer asks him what the difference is and the owner tells him there is no difference.
Customer says, "Why would you charge 2 different prices for the same loaf?
Owner says, "some people like a $1 loaf and some people prefer a $2 loaf"

2 things, some people cannot do math in their head.
some people always buy the most expensive and think they will get better quality.
some people do not care enough to pay attention.

Yes, I know. That was 3 things. That's the point!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man walks into an ice cream shop.
"I'll have a large chocolate cone"
Clerk says, "I'm sorry sir, we're out of chocolate."
Man says, "I have a regular chocolate cone."
Clerk says, "I'm sorry sir, we're out of chocolate."
Man says, "Then I'll have a cup of chocolate."
Clerk is getting a bit miffed and says, "Excuse me sir. Can you spell the Vanilla in Vanilla.
Man looks at him and says, "V-A-N-I-L-L-A.
Clerk says, "Excellent, can you spell Pecan in Butter Pecan?"
Man smiles and says, "P-E-C-A-N.
Clerk says, "Outstanding. Can you spell the FUCK in chocolate.
Man gets angry and blurts, "There ain't no fuck in chocolate."

Clerk smiles and says, "That's exactly what I've been trying to tell you, you idiot."

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, yeah, somewhere before the Upper Jurassic Period, I used to go to Woolworths for a five or ten cent Coke. I went with a friend one time and ordered two nickel cokes and a dime coke. I knew the truth, but my friend and the poor girl behind the counter didn't know until I actually poured the Cokes in front of them.

The poor counter girl was like 16. And here she was being taught a lesson in math and physics by a 12-year old.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a great place on Congress Street in Portland, Maine when I was a teen ('63-'69), called Valle's. They had a steak house in Westbrook and a Steak and burger place in Portsmouth, NH. You could get a burger, fries and a monster frappe for $0.47. Fast food places killed them and by 1985 they were out of business.

Then again, in 1968 before I went into the service, gasoline was $0.17 a gallon. It didn't break the $1.00 mark until 1985 in Maine or NH. The only reason I remember is that I took a position with a company in Hudson, MA and moved my family in 1985. My last fillup in Maine was $0.999 and when I filled up near my new house in West Boylston, MA, the gas was $1.249.

Read online yesterday that some economists are predicting that gasoline will hit $8.00 a gallon by Labor Day 2022.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read online yesterday that some economists are predicting that gasoline will hit $8.00 a gallon by Labor Day 2022.
Sounds like the same "economist" who proclaimed Brady as "over the cliff" just so he could claim he was right if it happened.