• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To play or not to play....

Does playing fantasy football generally make your football watching experience better or worse?

• Better

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Worse

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy football is for queers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. It clearly makes that Sunday night Cleveland versus Jacksonville game much more exciting. But you will find yourself rooting way harder than you should for some kicker you hardly know to miss a 48 yard FG in the closing seconds of a game that his team is already up by 30 points.

You need to separate the two things. When I am watching Dallas FF rarely even comes into my mind other than the tracker of showing what is happening in other games. Don't pick players because they are on your team and don't pass on players because they play within your teams division. Don't ever sit a player because he is playing agains your team. If you are going to do things like that, don't play FF because you will lose in the long run. Most importantly, don't EVER root against your team. Fantasy Football is great IMO, but even the best players succumb to injuries and luck from time to time. Nothing like the team you are facing having Aaron Rodgers go down and then they pick up Matt Flynn to knock you out of the playoffs...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think about my 'fandom' when deciding not to play FF. I think about the huge time-sink it would be, and is the reason I don't play MMO's either.

I'm addictive enough already.

Ed Zachary.

I can't imagine wasting time on fantasy football.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a fan of football....I've never played it, never will, as someone already mentioned the time it requires to be wasted on it unless you are betting which leads to bad things IMO...
I'm no Mayock but I try to keep up with as many teams as possible just because I love the game and more importantly, I need ammo for when the banter starts....:dhd:

I already give up 17 plus Sundays. 17 Monday and Thursdays evenings.

I think that's enough time invested in NFL.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time wasted? Way less then posting here on the general board on worthless pissing contests. However each his own.

Probably so, but it's more fun for me on here than pretending to be a GM,HC,Scout, etc.....
Just my opinion of the whole Fantasy football scene, that's all...
When I was growing up, my fantasies involved females, and scoring had a whole different meaning...:heh: