• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Plan for next year

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the real KC debate begin. Whatever they do, they must resolve this issue early. You need to know asap if you have a QB or not. It has a huge affect on your FA and draft strategy.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Gruden and all the staff

Resign Kirk
Resign Z. Brown
Resign Breeland

Sign Sammy Watkins

Trade up for Saquon
Draft DL, WR, OL

Win the division

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Resign Kirk
Resign Z. Brown
Resign Breeland

Sign Sammy Watkins

Trade up for Saquon
Draft DL, WR, OL

Win the division

Gruden might be safe.

Cousins might have to book his own flight how tonight.

Brown yes, Breeland maybe

the rest wont happen because e will draft and possibly trade up for a QB.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden might be safe.

Cousins might have to book his own flight how tonight.

Brown yes, Breeland maybe

the rest wont happen because e will draft and possibly trade up for a QB.

I have no idea whatll happen honestly. I can't rule out them doing anything.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Resign Kirk
Resign Z. Brown
Resign Breeland

Sign Sammy Watkins

Trade up for Saquon
Draft DL, WR, OL

Win the division
mzW9z.gif

hmmmm....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I weren't all in on saquon I would feel the same but I'm gonna shamelessly pull for us to trade up for him.

I have no idea whatll happen honestly. I can't rule out them doing anything.

If I were not pretty sure Bruce never really wanted to sign Kirk, I might agree we would resign him. But Bruce has been looking for a reason to not resign him for two seasons now. Swept by Philly and Dallas and missing the playoffs will be reason enough.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Plan for next year? For what? Reserve reservations to deal with this bullshit yet again. Hmmm

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Not shocked at the loss, I am surprised at the ass whipping. What does this team do to get ready for next year. I am not in favor of tanking but I would think seriously about sitting letting those Olineman that need surgery to get started early. Probably won't happen though.

Do we have one good WR? Crowder was about a 4th option before this year. He is our best WR but I don't know what that says. Going to need some help here because Pryor was a bust and maybe Dox develops but he is far from there now.

RB .... no clue, this team has never been able to run under Gruden. Even in his worst years the Skins could run under Shanahan.

What do we need on the Oline. We have some players so maybe we are good and just need more depth.

QB, who knows. I like Cousin's but whether you like him or not I think it is iffy at best that he is here next year.

Defense - next DC. It won't happen if Gruden is still hear but the team that played last night is missing something important. Heart! I expected they would give up more than 10 last night but not the blow out they ensued. It is hard to watch a team just physically whip your ass.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Plan for next year? For what? Reserve reservations to deal with this bullshit yet again. Hmmm
Breed, we say that every year for way too many years now, yet we keep showing up next season. Maybe you and I are the problems.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Resign Kirk
Resign Z. Brown
Resign Breeland

Sign Sammy Watkins

Trade up for Saquon
Draft DL, WR, OL

Win the division
YES!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Not shocked at the loss, I am surprised at the ass whipping. What does this team do to get ready for next year. I am not in favor of tanking but I would think seriously about sitting letting those Olineman that need surgery to get started early. Probably won't happen though.

Do we have one good WR? Crowder was about a 4th option before this year. He is our best WR but I don't know what that says. Going to need some help here because Pryor was a bust and maybe Dox develops but he is far from there now.

RB .... no clue, this team has never been able to run under Gruden. Even in his worst years the Skins could run under Shanahan.

What do we need on the Oline. We have some players so maybe we are good and just need more depth.

QB, who knows. I like Cousin's but whether you like him or not I think it is iffy at best that he is here next year.

Defense - next DC. It won't happen if Gruden is still hear but the team that played last night is missing something important. Heart! I expected they would give up more than 10 last night but not the blow out they ensued. It is hard to watch a team just physically whip your ass.

First, I think you do sit all injured players that need surgery to begin the healing process. I guess that means we sign some OL off the street to close out the season. Second, its imperative that this team solves this KC issue as soon as possible. Don't dick around with the offer. Come early and come strong. If you make a strong offer (like Stafford +) and he balks then address the rest of the offseason as if he will not be here. That means drafting a QB that has enough promise to play sooner rather than later.

RB.......geez. Perine has potential, but we can do better. Fat Rob is a back up at best. CT may or may not be ready by opening day next season and, even if he is, he is not an every down back. If we get our OL healthy and add some key depth, RB may be ok for another year. Marshall actually impressed me with some of his moves last night.

WR.......another geez. Wow. Did the FO ever fuck up this position. It went of a position of strength to one of the worst in the league in one off season. Crowder is a gem.......sometimes. The guy has always had fumbling issues. But he gets open and he makes plays. He dropped way too many passes this year, but I'm hoping this was an anomaly. however, he is not a good punt returner. We must find better.

OL. Need to find, in the next 2 drafts, Trent's replacement. He doesn't have much left in terms of health. We might get 2 more years from him. This is most likely going to take a high draft pick. We also need depth across then board, but can usually find adequate guys with lower picks.

Defense. Depth on the DL. Re sign Brown and Breeland if at all possible. I actually believe that before some key injuries our defense had some potential. We need to be better on the line and we need some ILB support.

Coaching. Crap. I'm just not sure on Gruden. The guy is an offensive guru. But something is seriously wrong when your team continues to show up flat in big games. There is a motivation and/or and focus issue. They were not prepared. Across the board. I think there is too much lovey dovey with the players and not enough holding them accountable. But then again, we all of the injuries we sustained this year, what are you going to do, sit a Crowder for his drops and fumbles when you have no one to back fill him with? I probably give Gruden another year. But I make it known that if this team continues this same pattern next year, it will be his last. There has been no killer instinct since (forever) but at least since Gruden came here. You cannot win in the NFL consistently if you don't have the focus and desire to just pummel your opponent. And this team does not have that. That is all on the Coach.

We need to really put this season in perspective. I know that everyone says injuries are no excuse. But you know what? They are. We had so many injuries that we were often starting players that were not even on the roster a few weeks earlier. I don't care what anyone says. That derailed any chance we had this season. Its not an excuse, its a fact. That doesn't mean that we don't have issues, but with the passing of time and the sting of this loss going away, hopefully we can put things in perspective and do a true accounting of where we are as a competitive team. I truly believe we are not far off, but there has to be some strategic changes if we are to make the next step to playoff contenders and potential SB visits.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I think you do sit all injured players that need surgery to begin the healing process. I guess that means we sign some OL off the street to close out the season. Second, its imperative that this team solves this KC issue as soon as possible. Don't dick around with the offer. Come early and come strong. If you make a strong offer (like Stafford +) and he balks then address the rest of the offseason as if he will not be here. That means drafting a QB that has enough promise to play sooner rather than later.

RB.......geez. Perine has potential, but we can do better. Fat Rob is a back up at best. CT may or may not be ready by opening day next season and, even if he is, he is not an every down back. If we get our OL healthy and add some key depth, RB may be ok for another year. Marshall actually impressed me with some of his moves last night.

WR.......another geez. Wow. Did the FO ever fuck up this position. It went of a position of strength to one of the worst in the league in one off season. Crowder is a gem.......sometimes. The guy has always had fumbling issues. But he gets open and he makes plays. He dropped way too many passes this year, but I'm hoping this was an anomaly. however, he is not a good punt returner. We must find better.

OL. Need to find, in the next 2 drafts, Trent's replacement. He doesn't have much left in terms of health. We might get 2 more years from him. This is most likely going to take a high draft pick. We also need depth across then board, but can usually find adequate guys with lower picks.

Defense. Depth on the DL. Re sign Brown and Breeland if at all possible. I actually believe that before some key injuries our defense had some potential. We need to be better on the line and we need some ILB support.

Coaching. Crap. I'm just not sure on Gruden. The guy is an offensive guru. But something is seriously wrong when your team continues to show up flat in big games. There is a motivation and/or and focus issue. They were not prepared. Across the board. I think there is too much lovey dovey with the players and not enough holding them accountable. But then again, we all of the injuries we sustained this year, what are you going to do, sit a Crowder for his drops and fumbles when you have no one to back fill him with? I probably give Gruden another year. But I make it known that if this team continues this same pattern next year, it will be his last. There has been no killer instinct since (forever) but at least since Gruden came here. You cannot win in the NFL consistently if you don't have the focus and desire to just pummel your opponent. And this team does not have that. That is all on the Coach.

We need to really put this season in perspective. I know that everyone says injuries are no excuse. But you know what? They are. We had so many injuries that we were often starting players that were not even on the roster a few weeks earlier. I don't care what anyone says. That derailed any chance we had this season. Its not an excuse, its a fact. That doesn't mean that we don't have issues, but with the passing of time and the sting of this loss going away, hopefully we can put things in perspective and do a true accounting of where we are as a competitive team. I truly believe we are not far off, but there has to be some strategic changes if we are to make the next step to playoff contenders and potential SB visits.

Couldn’t have said it any better

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I weren't all in on saquon I would feel the same but I'm gonna shamelessly pull for us to trade up for him.

The trade up would be too costly. I hate the idea of taking a RB in the first...I hate the idea of using multiple firsts for any player, especially a RB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way that they handled the SM situation IMO still haunts this team. If they wanted to get rid of him - great - but they should have immediately replaced him w/ an actual GM & not Allen. I want someone who cares about winning period. Allen is worried about looking good & getting credit & it appears to get in the way.

This whole setup just make me seriously question Snyder's desire to win at all costs. I realize that injuries were a huge factor this season, but I believe that it goes beyond that. This organization needs to take a look in the mirror & seriously question what they are doing wrong & what they need to correct moving fwd (beyond simply what players need to be re-signed). Unfortunately I believe that their egos will get in the way & that is why I am frustrated about what this team can truly do in the future (would love to be wrong). HTTR - fuck Snyder!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree.

Still want it to happen :D :nod: :hope:

As a PSU fan you are probably better off if Barkley does not go to the Redskins. If the Redskins take him there is a fair chance that he gets injured or gets involved in some controversy. Better for Barkley to get selected elsewhere and the Skins to go another route.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Not shocked at the loss, I am surprised at the ass whipping.
I am not surprised and I think deep down most of us here know that. Sure the injuries play an important part of the 2017 downfall, but what about the last 2 yrs. The injury bug wasn't as bad like this yr. We need to stop making excuses. This team is bad and has been the last 3 yrs. Mediocre at best. Some say it is KC,FO and Coaching. We know something has to change.

As you know our Def has been lousy!!!!! for some time now. We change DC, same results, bad tackling, no pass rush, swiss cheese run def etc. Really our Def has been defenseless yr in and yr out. It never improves.

Even in his worst years the Skins could run under Shanahan.

One of the reasons for the ass whipping lies in the trenches and not being able to run the ball. Shanahan a better scheme when it came to the RG. You remember the saints game, that 3rd and one. No wonder we are poor on 3rd and short and have been all season. Gruden never had a good RG here. Just unable to keep the changes moving.

Here's another note and I am sure most of you here know this and it is the typical hallmark of a bad team. Third downs on both side of the ball. We have seen this yr in and yr out. Unable to stop people on 3rd down period, especially in crunch time. Offensively also.

I think we need to change the whole environment. Starting with front office all the way down. Change the scenery. Need to eradicate this bad behavior, bad luck, bad coaching staff etc Everything!!!!!
Do what the Rams did. Get you a good young upcoming coach and get a solid DC and move forward. But Gruden will back next yr and the same BS will continue.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breed, we say that every year for way too many years now, yet we keep showing up next season. Maybe you and I are the problems.

In a sense we most certainly are, homey. I don't buy any Skins merchandise, but I did get DirecTV many many moons ago for the express purpose of watching the Redskins. And watch them I have. So in some way I'm contributing to the puzzle factory that is the Redskins.

I used to think Snyder loved the Redskins and wanted what was best for them. He just was an idiot in how he went about achieving that. I'm not so sure anymore, especially since Bruce Allen let it be known that the Skins were winning off the field. That kinda blew my mind right there. Winning off the field? WTF did that even mean, who's winning and what's being won cuz as a Skins fan. I certainly didn't feel like we were winning. I started looking at the Skins in different perspective then.