• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to eat some crow?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+9 in the turnover category thru 4 games is huge....Idt they will stay on that kind of pace for 16 games...they would be something crazy like +36...the OFC is top 10...if they can stay up there...25 pts a gm...they can ride this great start to the big dance.

Yup, needed something as the first half schedule is much more difficult then the second half. We split the next 4 games then we are in very good shape. 5-3 in the first half was a wet dream for me. We can easily go 5-3 in the second half.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to go with 10 or 11 wins but kind of felt like I was being a homer and seeing things that just wasn't there. It's happened a few times before. I ended up going with 9-7. After seeing the rest of the league, the NFC, the North and the teams on our schedule, I'll be disappointed if we don't win 11+ and the North.

I, still not sure why so many people think this schedule is so daunting. Looking at the first half, we had Atlanta coming off a SB. OK, tough. Pittsburgh tends to be tough although I really didn't expect their defense to be much. It hasn't been in a while but maybe it is now? Arizona and NY both got older and less talented in the off-season. Beat Minny twice last year. No reason to think NO would be any good. The only team that you could really say you didn't know what they would be is the one we face Sunday. Second half, I mean, you never know with Baltimore but I think we know now. Who else? Minny at home? Wasn't sure about TB on the road but I'm fairly sure I know now. Of course there is the Packer problem. We're better than them but we were last year too and it didn't turn out right. It should this season. Yea, 11 with this team, this defense, this schedule. It has to happen.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never could figure out that whole with the grain/against the grain thing.... @Thruthefog might have, though.

Of course, if there is more and more of us that went against the grain, does that eliminate the whole unique thing? Or, perhaps, the grain runs differently?
I guess we'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out... I might be just scratches in the wood.

I stated it on SportsHoopla twice before the season started, once in the "NFL forum" and here on the Lions broad...

Lions Win Loss Prediction Thread.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Sunday we'll be one game off of where I had us after five games.

And I guessed we'd win five games all year.

This is where we're at.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was with your suspicious smiley. Both you and VR could've have saved me some leg work by speaking up instead of the head games!!!

But the head games are so much more fun.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you're singing that tune all the time.

I'm starting to notice that the people I'm playing head games with, never seem to be having as much fun as I am.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to notice that the people I'm playing head games with, never seem to be having as much fun as I am.
Gloating because you were misunderstood or just embarrassed to say that you picked the Lions with a winning record somewhere out there?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was an ugly loss at home. No, I'm not ready to ask for my serving. Still a lot of season to go, albeit with only two more loses available to get that 12-4 record.