• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to dust off the golf swing

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally had to take my ass to Palm Desert just to get a damn round of golf in. Played a few great courses though. The weather has been so shitty, cold, windy, etc... and the courses are barely playable at best. Hadn't played a round since last November. Went to So Cal and got to play 3 straight days. Felt good.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn. It's going to be mild enough this weekend so some of the local courses are opening. I have an 8:20 tee time this Sunday and am really stoked. Not going to care about the score, well, not too much, just going to concentrate on ball striking and take it from there.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep you eye on de ball!

Happy for ya...we got another week at least before this cold will break. Had our spring league meeting last night though and it was great to have a few brews with the guys after missing last year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn. It's going to be mild enough this weekend so some of the local courses are opening. I have an 8:20 tee time this Sunday and am really stoked. Not going to care about the score, well, not too much, just going to concentrate on ball striking and take it from there.

There you go...baby steps man...have fun...lot of rain heading our way...Sunday forecast looks good but I may beg off this weekend if it rains all day Sat...don't want to play in slop again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep you eye on de ball!

Happy for ya...we got another week at least before this cold will break. Had our spring league meeting last night though and it was great to have a few brews with the guys after missing last year.

I'm curious as to how league play works...I got the match play part...is it RC like where you gain points for each match that accumulate for the season and high points wins?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 32 players comprising 18 teams. Each week, you play for three points. Each player has a one point match and the third point is won by the aggregate of team holes won.

I can't recommend it enough. It guarantees that you get out at least weekly and playing matches will help your game so much. Plus, it's camaraderie among the group.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to how league play works...I got the match play part...is it RC like where you gain points for each match that accumulate for the season and high points wins?

That's how our league works. You accumulate points for each match and the top 8 teams make the two-day tournament at the end of the season. Format for this season is two man scramble match play. Our A & B play another team's A & B and the same thing with the C & D players. Nine hole match play with two points going to each winning group and 1 point for a tie. Last season we won the regular season but came in second in the tournament so no championship.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a tourney format but the season ends with a position night. 1st place plays second, third plays forth and so on.

Me and my partner are the lowest handicaped team in the league so we will have a hard time winning. We have won it twice since '07 but carrying real low numbers in combination is tough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a tourney format but the season ends with a position night. 1st place plays second, third plays forth and so on.

Me and my partner are the lowest handicaped team in the league so we will have a hard time winning. We have won it twice since '07 but carrying real low numbers in combination is tough.

We play straight up; no handicaps.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? How does that work? I assume it's a players league and you're all pretty good.

Well this week, my golf net got torn down by one of our fucking bears. I live in rural Western MA and we have a few resident bears that are around all the time. I don't mind having to be sure ai secure trash and shit but tearing down my golf net is too much. I rehung it stretched between trees. I'll shoot his ass if it comes down again!

I'm so psyched you guys, I've been making lots of swings and my arm is feeling great. No returning pain. I don't want to jinx anything but my hopes for the season are rising~

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot a 95 on Sunday

Didn't get my driver corrected till the 8th hole, pushed all of my approach shots to the right, no distance control whatsoever with my wedge and had 38 putts.

Other than that, played pretty well :suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot a 95 on Sunday

Didn't get my driver corrected till the 8th hole, pushed all of my approach shots to the right, no distance control whatsoever with my wedge and had 38 putts.

Other than that, played pretty well :suds:

How'd the back nine go?

:yahoo:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to play yesterday, 3 courses closed because of the rain all weekend and early yesterday morning :L I was pissed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played in a group on Sunday that included a dwarf. Little dude was impressive. He could put his drive out there about 240 or so and was deadly with his irons; he shot a 77.

I was dying to ask him about his game and his size but I wasn't sure how he would take it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, we finally had a local range open up yesterday and for the first time in 11 months, I got to hit a big 'ole bucket of balls. Hit all the way through the bag and really struck the ball well. Best of all, my arm feels fine today so I think I'm in the clear for now.

Holy shit it felt great.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, we finally had a local range open up yesterday and for the first time in 11 months, I got to hit a big 'ole bucket of balls. Hit all the way through the bag and really struck the ball well. Best of all, my arm feels fine today so I think I'm in the clear for now.

Holy shit it felt great.

Good for you. Let's hope you can transfer that to the course.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a foursome?

Last edited by a moderator: