• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Boycott Jerrah...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too many posters here keep talking out of their asses* without a clue on how things work. I say if they want to boycott let them leave for good. Besides what if we get an owner who refuses to spend more than the minimum on his team.
If he hires a competent GM and coach, it could not be worse than 500 over the last 18 years. Also, there is a salary cap in football so it's not like he can spend like the Yankees or Lakers. The Bengals spend less and have done better than us and the Cowboys are a national brand so anyone who owns them won't be cheap. Also, have you been to a game at AT&T stadium? Not much of a home field advantage. Also, most owners avoid blackouts by buying tickets. Why don't you stop talking out your arse? You really do not know it all internet tough guy!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hires a competent GM and coach, it could not be worse than 500 over the last 18 years. Also, there is a salary cap in football so it's not like he can spend like the Yankees or Lakers. The Bengals spend less and have done better than us and the Cowboys are a national brand so anyone who owns them won't be cheap. Also, have you been to a game at AT&T stadium? Not much of a home field advantage. Also, most owners avoid blackouts by buying tickets. Why don't you stop talking out your arse? You really do not know it all internet tough guy!

Give up your seat and it will be filled by another skins or giants fan. Go ahead If and make less of an advantage. If the seats are not filled by another person the games will be blacked out. It not that hard to figure out. Now since you want to use the Bengals as a measuring stick how many SB have they had over the last 18 years? I'd think you'd find a better example to defend your POV. I like how you used my talking out of your ass reference. It shows originality on your part. Like I said earlier, if you want to leave then leave, nobody will hold you back.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think Jerry is going to buy 91,000+ tickets 8 times a year so people who won't buy tickets or purchase merchandise can watch the game? Yeah right

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well maybe one day basketball will have a salary cap...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well maybe one day basketball will have a salary cap...
When they get a hard salary cap :suds:let me know.....thanks for the correction though..

Last edited by a moderator:

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about boycotting, but how many people actually do it? Easy to say, but hard to follow through.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think how pissed the fan base will be when we finish with 4 or 5 wins? Jerrh will then fire Garrett as he thinks we are still one player away. Never mind he hired a man that still has not learned from numerous mistakes. In many cases the gm and head coach get the ax. Ain't happening. Garret will get all the blame next off season. Meanwhile jerrah will try to prove his naysayers wrong and continue to botch drafts

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real fans dont boycott their teams PERIOD

Remember the Saints fans wearing bags over their heads?
Detroit fans doing it?

Cleveland has been in the shitter forever

Anyone thinking there will be a boycott is living in a dream world and needs to wake up to reality.

You support your team through good times and bad.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the reason boycotting Jerry just wont work dip stick

The suites at Cowboys Stadium cost between $100,000 and $500,000 a year, which means they’re almost exclusively occupied by corporate accounts. Season tickets, which account for the crucial element of any home-crowd fanbase—the same people occupying the same seats week after week, year after year—aren’t much more accessible.
Season tickets throughout Cowboys Stadium—excepting a few nosebleed sections—are sold with a financial instrument called a Personal Seat License (PSL).
The PSL is a one-time fee that customers pay for the right to purchase tickets for a given seat. PSL costs are astronomical: For an even marginally decent seat, fans are looking at PSL costs of close to $12,500, and they go up to $150,000 for quality seats on the 50-yard line. The Cowboys organization will finance it for you, at 8 percent interest, over 27 years.
That fee doesn’t even get you into the stadium—it’s just the price you pay for the right to buy tickets. After spending $29,100 (the average price) for the PSL, the license-holder is required to purchase 10 tickets—one to each of eight regular season games, plus both preseason games—every year for the next 30 years. Those tickets range in cost from $590 annually for upper-level seats over the end zone to $3,400 a year. Failure to follow through with the required purchases can result in revocation of the PSL and forfeiture of all funds already paid toward the license.
In other words, for a family of four to get season tickets to Dallas Cowboys home games, in decent but not spectacular seats in the upper levels over the sidelines, tickets and PSL costs would add up to $5,347.60 a year. For 27 years. Plus parking, which costs $75 a game if purchased from the Cowboys organization. Add the occasional soft pretzel and Miller Lite and you’re easily looking at more than $6,000 to take your family to each season’s eight home games. Over the 30-year life of the PSL commitment, that’s $180,000, over $52,000 more than the average Arlington home price.
All of which casts light on why Cowboys Stadium was packed with so many Bears fans for a Monday Night Football matchup—the blue-collar fans who comprise the lifeblood of a home-field fanbase can’t afford to go. In their place, seats are filled by people who go to a game once just to say they were there, or who were given the tickets as a business perk, or who bought them via Ticket Exchange from someone who purchased a PSL in hopes of making their money back through resales—and who doesn’t care which team the ticket buyer supports, or whether they support a team, or follow football at all. “People want to see the new stadium,” explains Joe Nick Patoski, whose 800-page tome, The Dallas Cowboys: The Outrageous History of the Biggest, Loudest, Most Hated, Best Loved Football Team in America, was released in October by Little, Brown. “They’re not Cowboys fans wanting to root for the Cowboys. Whatever home-field advantage [the team] once had, it’s gone. That’s vanished.”

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSL ruined the average fans chance at season tickets and makes Jerry a fortune to help pay for that stadium

Smart business man yes but his practice will eventually hurt him as the years go by unless the winning starts again

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all Dallas fans stop going to games, 1 of 2 things will happen. 1. Cowboy fans within a 3 to 4 hour drive of drive of Dallas will not get the Cowboys on tv. Or 2. The fans of the visiting team will overtake the Stadium. Boycotting is frankly a stupid idea.

Well to be fair, there's always the Sunday Ticket. Also, with the caliber of fans that go to Cowboys games now, other popular teams fans sound as if they take over the stadium. I know there are some good home crowd fans out there, but unfortunately they've become hard to hear in the Death Star.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, there's always the Sunday Ticket. Also, with the caliber of fans that go to Cowboys games now, other popular teams fans sound as if they take over the stadium. I know there are some good home crowd fans out there, but unfortunately they've become hard to hear in the Death Star.

Sunday ticket does you no good if the game is blacked out. It will be blacked out there as well.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSL ruined the average fans chance at season tickets and makes Jerry a fortune to help pay for that stadium

Smart business man yes but his practice will eventually hurt him as the years go by unless the winning starts again

Yeah they talked about that when the stadium opened, very smart but will bite him sooner or later.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sunday ticket blocks all games in that teams local market. So yes I in Vegas will be able to watch but no one in Dallas would.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends on the owner. Here in South Florida, the Dolphins owner will buy up to 10000 tix and give to youth groups. How I wish he wouldn't, so the Dolphins games would be blacked out and I could have a chance to see more cowboys games. Not sure what JJ would do. Buy up tix to avoid the blackout or punish the locals? I've been to three games at the new stadium. While it's a sight to behold, the feel to me just isn't conducive to having a true home filed advantage. And we are talking about Cowboys fans. Not necessary known for being super loud. But I'll go again this year and hope for a win.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Over the 30-year life of the PSL commitment, that’s $180,000, over $52,000 more than the average Arlington home price."

The average Home in Arlington only cost $130K??? Holy crap I need to move.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Over the 30-year life of the PSL commitment, that’s $180,000, over $52,000 more than the average Arlington home price."

Damn, I could almost sell my house, and be mortgage free there.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol realastate in Texas is cheap and you get more bang for your buck. Sometimes I watch that HGTV crap with my wife and look at these 400 and 500k houses they sale that are only 1500sqf and I'm always like what in the world these people are crazy. I payed a 1/3 of the price and got twice the size wow. I'm never leaving Texas.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol realastate in Texas is cheap and you get more bang for your buck. Sometimes I watch that HGTV crap with my wife and look at these 400 and 500k houses they sale that are only 1500sqf and I'm always like what in the world these people are crazy. I payed a 1/3 of the price and got twice the size wow. I'm never leaving Texas.

location location location ....

San Antonio aint that cheap .... LOL that's why I live in Virginia

gotta edit this .... depends on where you live..... but no thank you to the scum areas of San Antonio.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
location location location ....

San Antonio aint that cheap .... LOL that's why I live in Virginia

gotta edit this .... depends on where you live..... but no thank you to the scum areas of San Antonio.

Yeah San Antonio is kinda different. I will say these though no housing market has grown like San Antonio's over the past 3-5 yrs.