• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers Trades

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I'm liking Al Avila's moves lately a lot more. I loved both trades he made yesterday. Hate to see Verlander go but it's definitely what was best for the team, and for Verlander as well. Now he can chase a championship. The only trade Avila's made this trade season that I didn't like was the JD Martinez trade, and even that one started to look a lot better after seeing what the market was for rentals. Avila is climbing up the ladder of respect for me. Also, I think this was a good trade for Houston as well. Gotta go for the championship while they're this close and Verlander was a much needed piece of that puzzle.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did very well on the Verlander deal. IDK about the Upton deal...I guess if they had a pretty good sense he was going to opt out, better to get something than nothing. Even still a pretty underwhelming return. The Martinez deal is still horrible. The comp pick they could've gotten was worth way more than the crap pile they took for him.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did very well on the Verlander deal. IDK about the Upton deal...I guess if they had a pretty good sense he was going to opt out, better to get something than nothing. Even still a pretty underwhelming return. The Martinez deal is still horrible. The comp pick they could've gotten was worth way more than the crap pile they took for him.
Agreed about the Martinez deal. The Upton one though, they did get a decent, but not great, prospect at least. And supposedly he was going to opt-out. But even if he didn't it would've probably been worse because I really think they would've preferred him opt-out anyway.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be quite a different Tigers team next year I think. Going to be strange to see Verlander in a different uniform than a Tiger 1.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be quite a different Tigers team next year I think. Going to be strange to see Verlander in a different uniform than a Tiger 1.
Norris is off the DL.

Only starter with an ERA under 6. (Fulmer is out atleast two starts, hopefully for the season.)

They're running hot garbage out there the rest of the year.