• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods says elbow is fine and says he loss no confidence

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he was again prevented from teeing off at Muirfield prior to 7 a.m. local time Tuesday, Tiger Woods said he had no problem with the restriction and was set to play a limited number of practice holes anyway in preparation for the Open Championship that begins Thursday.

The left elbow injury that caused Woods problems during the U.S. Open at Merion last month and kept him from playing in two tournaments afterward is also causing Woods to take the cautious approach as he prepares for what will be his 17th Open Championship.

"I was always going to just play nine (holes) each day,'' Woods said Wednesday after his third nine-hole practice round at Muirfield. "That was the plan, not to push it on the amount of holes, especially on hard ground. I've been playing a lot at home. But it's Florida, it rains every day, it's soft. It's two totally different conditions.

"I just wanted to make sure that I'm rested and feel fit and ready to go for the championship. I've done a lot of homework on the greens each day. And I've taken my time and really got a good fell for them. So that's been good. I would just like to get another wind in, a little different direction. We've had it the same the last three days.''

Source: ESPN

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no confidence to lose.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open championships are unpredictable. So is how he'll play this week.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no confidence to lose.

Are you serious? He is probably about the most confident athlete in the world. It doesn't necessarily mean that he will win. A major is a very tough accomplishment & involves a lot of factors including luck. Tiger did poorly in the US Open partially due to the elbow injury. The Masters was strange after that penalty in the 2nd round.

Who knows what will happen this weekend. It should be very entertaining since there are many story lines to follow & the winner could perhaps come out of nowhere. It is also fun to watch since this type of golf is much different than anything else that is usually on TV.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I don't want to hear any excuses when he has his meltdown at Muirfield.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Open championships are unpredictable. So is how he'll play this week.

It grates on me when people call it "The Open". Its typical British snobbery. Give me the Masters or the U.S. Open over this British Open nonsense any day. The only thing missing from those links courses there is the Windmill and the Clown's Mouth holes.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called "the open" because it is the first event that was truly open to everyone to qualify for.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It grates on me when people call it "The Open". Its typical British snobbery. Give me the Masters or the U.S. Open over this British Open nonsense any day. The only thing missing from those links courses there is the Windmill and the Clown's Mouth holes.

Basically agree & had to laugh when yesterday they showed a clip of Els winning several years ago & the PA announcer stated something like "the winner of The Open & now the Greatest Golfer in the World". WTF? So if someone else were to win the other three majors they wouldn't be the greatest golfer at that time?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole British snobbery also applies to Nick Faldo. Why does everyone have to refer to him as Sir Nick Faldo? Honestly - if you were knighted like that would you always want to be referred to in that manner? I wouldn't - it is embarrassing & extremely pompous. Kind of like someone with a PhD demanding that you call them Dr.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, if you respect golf - then you respect The Open.

Sure, the game has evolved from way back when, and USA is primarilry responsible for that. However, this is the root of golf, and the root of majors, and the root of "Open" championships.

Is it the greatest tournament in the world nowdays? No. But it is where we came from. I honestly still rank it #2 in best majors, just behind the Masters.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, the game has evolved from way back when, and USA is primarilry responsible for that. However, this is the root of golf, and the root of majors, and the root of "Open" championships.

Is it the greatest tournament in the world nowdays? No. But it is where we came from. I honestly still rank it #2 in best majors, just behind the Masters.

I like them all equally since they all generally provide a lot of drama & story lines. I don't have a problem with the tradition - just some of the folks who run it who think that they are better than everyone else. You could see a lot of that in the press conference by the R&A folks who run things over there. They are completely out of touch with reality.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example of what I was referring to for the attitude of "The Open" tourney officials was basically played out today. It is great to have a very challenging course & I prefer winning scores that are not the low. However - sometimes these guys can get carried away. Apparently - given the conditions some of the players were PO'ed about pin positions & voiced their displeasure.

The thought was that possibly this is done to satisfy the ego of these guys who run the show. I certainly hope not. The tourney is for the fans & the players - not those guys (kind of reminds me of the NCAA - another group who believes that they are the reason for the success of those teams).

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching Tiger play, but would be happy with any American winning, really. Even Philip Alfred.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Masters is the bottom for me.

I think of them thusly

1) US Open
2) The Open Championship
3) PGA
4) Masters

Of course, they're all amazing accomplishments to win for any player.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Masters is the bottom for me.

I think of them thusly

1) US Open
2) The Open Championship
3) PGA
4) Masters

Of course, they're all amazing accomplishments to win for any player.

For this year if the Open is anything like the 2013 Masters & US Open then it should be great to watch. Both of those events came down to the wire with quite a few players having a chance to win at the very end. By the looks of things it will be that way & - like the US Open - the scores will not be very low.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this year if the Open is anything like the 2013 Masters & US Open then it should be great to watch. Both of those events came down to the wire with quite a few players having a chance to win at the very end. By the looks of things it will be that way & - like the US Open - the scores will not be very low.

man alive are you right.

especially with this particular course for the open. yikes.