• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods ready as usual to take on new season

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm expecting about a 66 from Woods on the easy course and probably a 70 from Cink on the more difficult one. That still puts him 4 behind. I can live with that.

Well you can sound the alarm bells now. He is 1 under for 2 rounds.

Here is the problem, He is 1 over playing 8 Par 5's. Think about that, this is Tiger Woods and has yet to birdie a par 5. And add insult to injury, this is a Torrey Pines. He should be on the front page of the leader board with his eyes closed.

It's looking good for Tiger to play like this on this course.

Oh and so much for the Tiger Factor when you play in his group ..Spieth is tied for the lead at 10 under.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Tiger missing the 2nd cut today cleared this place out.

For the record ...the things that Tiger did today can't be explained away by "rust". Not on this course.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't blame Tiger if he retired right now with some dignity.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, not gonna happen. He has plans to break the Golden Bears records. If he gets one major, he will get his mojo back. That's all that's missing at this point. The supreme confidence he had has vanished. If he gets it back, he will break the record.

I'm not counting on it but it's possible.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see any of the golf the past 2 days but I watched Tiger on Thurs and Fri... There is something really odd going on with his swing. It looks horrible.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods couldn't make the Sunday cut. Too funny! Probably a good thing, he would have gotten thoroughly embarrassed out there on Sunday as tough as the conditions were.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Farmer's Torrey Pine tourney, but this year blew a can-o-corn...:noidea:

I like to watch it because I've played both courses many times and I like to compare what they do to what I did. Its not even close but still fun.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in Tiger's career he failed to match the secondary cut.. correct?

Listen Tiger Woods is a douche and a women user....and all that other stuff that goes his way but you can't argue his talent and how he has played the game of golf. Don't hate his game but you certainly can hate the man himself.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see any of the golf the past 2 days but I watched Tiger on Thurs and Fri... There is something really odd going on with his swing. It looks horrible.

His swing is flat out awful. He is actually being taught to reverse pivot. His head is dipping and moving left, as the club is moving back to the right. How in the hell are you supposed to have rythym when multiple different body parts are moving in opposite directions at the same time.

No wonder he has also lost about 7mph of clubhead speed. Foley is an idiot!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His swing is flat out awful. He is actually being taught to reverse pivot. His head is dipping and moving left, as the club is moving back to the right. How in the hell are you supposed to have rythym when multiple different body parts are moving in opposite directions at the same time.

No wonder he has also lost about 7mph of clubhead speed. Foley is an idiot!

He was awful...the head dipping has gotten worse, but the man won 5 times LY...1st tourney of the year...I'm not going to knee-jerk this one. I think he'll figure it out.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awful...the head dipping has gotten worse, but the man won 5 times LY...1st tourney of the year...I'm not going to knee-jerk this one. I think he'll figure it out.

Oh, agreed - He's talented enough to figure it out at times. But he is being forced to do more with less. Foley is an absolute idiot. He's the same guy who said that the fundamentals of the short game are the same as the long game. :lol:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why he doesn't go out there and just swing it anymore... At this point its not like he's guarding against a long career.. He's already 38 & I can't imagine him bothering with the senior tour after hes done with the PGA tour.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, agreed - He's talented enough to figure it out at times. But he is being forced to do more with less. Foley is an absolute idiot. He's the same guy who said that the fundamentals of the short game are the same as the long game. :lol:
TW has a lot of pride but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go full circle to Butch if he doesn't win a major this year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TW has a lot of pride but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go full circle to Butch if he doesn't win a major this year.

He will win the British Open this year; mark it down. Its a course, Royal Liverpool, he's won on before and he never hit his driver once. He'll do the same there this year.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will win the British Open this year; mark it down. Its a course, Royal Liverpool, he's won on before and he never hit his driver once. He'll do the same there this year.

What have you done with the real TT? This softer side is really creepy... :suds:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you done with the real TT? This softer side is really creepy... :suds:

Oh,I still can't stand the motherfucker. But he will win that tournament. I've resigned myself to it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is ZERO chance he wins the Open. If it's over there ..it's no going to happen.

Even if his game was there ..which it is not right now ..Tiger does not prep big for the open. It is no accident Phil happen to win the Scottish open. He was there to prep to play in the Open.

The Masters is the thing. Tiger could win that anytime in the next 10 years ..he knows the course very very well.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is ZERO chance he wins the Open. If it's over there ..it's no going to happen.

Even if his game was there ..which it is not right now ..Tiger does not prep big for the open. It is no accident Phil happen to win the Scottish open. He was there to prep to play in the Open.

The Masters is the thing. Tiger could win that anytime in the next 10 years ..he knows the course very very well.

Interesting then that he's won it three times. And quit calling it "The Open", you sound like those fools on ABC. Its the British Open

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting then that he's won it three times. And quit calling it "The Open", you sound like those fools on ABC. Its the British Open

2006 was alot of swing changes ago ...he is just not the same guy anymore.

lol ..yes I never call it "the open" ..just when I'm lazy.