• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods ready as usual to take on new season

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With an 80th PGA Tour victory next on his list of accomplishments, Tiger Woods makes his first start of the 2013-14 PGA Tour season on Thursday at Torrey Pines.

And yet the major championships are never far from his mind.

It didn't take long for that subject to come up Wednesday in a news conference at the Farmers Insurance Open, where Woods will play his first official round of the new season Thursday.

Given his lengthy stretch (more than five years) without a major title and the seemingly favorable major venues (he's won at three of them and finished runner-up at the other) in 2014, it was suggested this is a big year for him.

"I view it as every year's a big year," Woods said. "Every year that I get a chance to compete and play in tournaments and major championships for as long as I decide to do it, every year's a big year, every year counts.

Source: ESPN

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be good. People looooooove Tiger on this board..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golfers view him differently than other sports fans. We still think he's a douche but we are more keenly aware of what he"s accomplished. He's perhaps not the greatest player ever but he has played the game at a higher level than anyone ever has.

By a mile.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stage is bigger

When Tiger plays...still this many years later.

Mostly the golf media has set the bar @ 19 to be the GOAT...I'm on the fence with that line of thinking...taking nothing away from the majors, but I think 82 should be higher up on the pole.

That said I think it's possible TW will be the best talent ever to play golf, but not the GOAT if he doesn't at least tie JN..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he needs to do is to get back to having a bevy of whores lined up in every tour city. I mean, for the golf, you know? I told my wife that my game isn't as sharp as it used to be so I might try it too.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf officials ....please watch Tiger like a hawk.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is a douche but I still enjoy watching him play. I also enjoy watching Phil play but many players on tour think he's just as big of a douche as Tiger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE...LMAO!!!

That, and quit putting like a rank amateur on the weekend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil is a fake nice guy Americana...I like his game a lot, screw 2nd place is his motto.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the gambler.

I still can't believe he won the open.

opps quoted the wrong guy

Back when we had a regular local tour stop...went to see the 1st round one year and we followed Phil, Lee Jansen and Cink I think from about the 3rd hole on...he was on fire, hitting everything close...but one hole he missed about a 4' for birdie and dropped an f-bomb...clear as day, kind of loud. Kinda startled me actually.

Small gallery, maybe a 100 or so people...No cameras were following his group, but I think he knew that... our Sat. morning golf show on sportstalk radio..the host has said it many times that Phil is a little different guy when the cameras are not rolling.

I never thought he would win the Open, so that tells me he still has a chance to bag a USO as well.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how those two have switched places. Tiger used to be the hero with the sparkle on his tooth and the perfect family while sulking Phil was the anti Tiger who couldn't get it done. Now Tiger's the bastard who cheated on his wife with whores and can't win a major while Phil's the stand by your sick wife kind of guy who's racking up the majors.

Yeah though, I've heard multiple Phil's-a-Dick stories.

My friend at works says Tiger wins two majors this year. While I'm reluctant to predict that, if he gets that next one, it wouldn't surprise me of he goes on another roll. It also wouldn't shock me if he never wins another.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how those two have switched places. Tiger used to be the hero with the sparkle on his tooth and the perfect family while sulking Phil was the anti Tiger who couldn't get it done. Now Tiger's the bastard who cheated on his wife with whores and can't win a major while Phil's the stand by your sick wife kind of guy who's racking up the majors.

My friend at works says Tiger wins two majors this year. While I'm reluctant to predict that, if he gets that next one, it wouldn't surprise me of he goes on another roll. It also wouldn't shock me if he never wins another.

Tiger is still the straw that stirs the drink if you will, but you're right, Phil is now the media darling.

Majors...idk...if his game is where it was last year...I think he'll win one and if he does, he could get on a roll again, but as long as the long putter is still allowed I think Adam Scott has to be in the discussion for every major...and a few others like Day, and Stenson is playing with a lot of confidence.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods 8 shots back already. I love it!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless he's injured he will win the British Open at Liverpool this year. he won it before there never having to hit a single driver. He'll do it agin. Take awa the driver and Woods is still the best player in the world.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods 8 shots back already. I love it!

True, but you can't really measure anything up until everyone plays both courses. Should be massive shakeups in the leaderboard today.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is a douche but I still enjoy watching him play. I also enjoy watching Phil play but many players on tour think he's just as big of a douche as Tiger.[/QUOTE]

They are jealous. He has a great golf game and the perfect life.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you can't really measure anything up until everyone plays both courses. Should be massive shakeups in the leaderboard today.

Agreed. I'm expecting about a 66 from Woods on the easy course and probably a 70 from Cink on the more difficult one. That still puts him 4 behind. I can live with that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he's injured he will win the British Open at Liverpool this year. he won it before there never having to hit a single driver. He'll do it agin. Take awa the driver and Woods is still the best player in the world.

H-T-H with Stenson right now, it's pretty close...Stenson was dominant at the end of the yr...if THAT guy comes back, I can make a case for him.