• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods forces his employees to drink and drive

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this become a CNN issue?

...oh, right winger trump dude. Carry on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding Bars accountable for drunk driving has been going on for decades. This is nothing new.

The interesting facts in this case:

• Tiger owns the bar and his girlfriend is the general manager.
  • The guy who died was in another accident recently and was going to AA.
  • It's alleged that Tiger & his girlfriend both knew of this.
  • It's alleged that Tiger & his girlfriend and the kid that died were drinking at the restaurant a few days before the accident.

If all true ...things could get sticky for Tiger & his girlfriend.

We'll have to see how the court battle goes, but I sense an out of court settlement coming.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this become a CNN issue?

...oh, right winger trump dude. Carry on.

Jesus Christ. I am not a Trump supporter. I am just tired of outlets like CNN & MSNBC exploiting everything possible & ultimately blaming it on Trump. Am I wrong? Forget political affiliations - do either one of these outlets every portray anything in an unbiased light? You can also make the same claim for Fox on the other side.

On the MSNBC site they are already portraying this like the top story of the week - I am not making this up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bac cannot be conditioned

It's just a matter of size and gender

Feeling drunk is different

You are correct, but many alcoholics are drunk at all times of the day so it is not as if they only start drinking at happy hour or in the evening. It is also often not easy to tell with some alcoholics if they are severely drunk since many are drunk more often than they are sober.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, but many alcoholics are drunk at all times of the day so it is not as if they only start drinking at happy hour or in the evening. It is also often not easy to tell with some alcoholics if they are severely drunk since many are drunk more often than they are sober.

Right that was my point in my initial post

But it does make this case harder for the bar considering they know his issues

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida law:

768.125 Liability for injury or damage resulting from intoxication.—A person who sells or furnishes alcoholic beverages to a person of lawful drinking age shall not thereby become liable for injury or damage caused by or resulting from the intoxication of such person, except that a person who willfully and unlawfully sells or furnishes alcoholic beverages to a person who is not of lawful drinking age or who knowingly serves a person habitually addicted to the use of any or all alcoholic beverages may become liable for injury or damage caused by or resulting from the intoxication of such minor or person.
Dolemite the lawyer.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see how the court battle goes, but I sense an out of court settlement coming.

Yea, You have a employee bartender with a known drinking problem, gets hammered in your bar and dies in a car crash because he was drunk.

Very unique ....and the employee's past drinking problem really paints the bar into a corner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, You have a employee bartender with a known drinking problem, gets hammered in your bar and dies in a car crash because he was drunk.

Very unique ....and the employee's past drinking problem really paints the bar into a corner.

On the flip side of that...Unless he told them when hired and it's on record, or he has some history of AA meetings, etc. I wonder how they will be able to prove that the bar "knew" he had a drinking problem.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side of that...Unless he told them when hired and it's on record, or he has some history of AA meetings, etc. I wonder how they will be able to prove that the bar "knew" he had a drinking problem.

It's alleged he was in a drunken car accident like a month or so before he died.
I believe that accident is what got him to AA.

It's alleged that everyone knew of this ..but somehow he was still "over served"

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's alleged he was in a drunken car accident like a month or so before he died.

It's alleged that everyone knew of this ..but somehow he was still "over served"

I doubt everyone knew.... privacy laws and such. Even if management knew, they couldn't go around telling all the employees.... ii would assume that a lot of it would come down to who on staff the night in questions was aware, and to what degree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - tough one. I guess you can blame the bar somewhat. However if he was in an accident just before the fatal one then you have to almost wonder if this guy had a death wish & something like this was almost inevitable. Very likely that if the bar completely prevented him from drinking that he would have just found somewhere else to get drunk. You can't babysit a grown man all day (& apparently AA wasn't doing much good).

Personally - if I were related to this guy I would not want any money from a settlement. Now if all of the money is going to say his kids (if he had any) or charity or final expenses - fine, but the parents should not benefit from their son's tragedy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a little different than hiring a known drunk. They may have known about his accident, etc. but it sounds like he was already working there by then. That doesn't change the over serving situation, so proving they knew he was an alcoholic and knowingly serving him too much is going to be their case I assume.

I think one of the more damning things for the bar is reportedly destroying video. Either way, I still see this likely ending in some sort of settlement which is what most attorneys want.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt everyone knew.... privacy laws and such. Even if management knew, they couldn't go around telling all the employees.... ii would assume that a lot of it would come down to who on staff the night in questions was aware, and to what degree.

I have a guy who works for me who's a drug addict. Everyone knows this...he's told other people...at that point he has made it everyone's business. He's totally functional at work is the crazy thing

Other employees of mine disclose their stuff. Others don't. But usually they do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - tough one. I guess you can blame the bar somewhat. However if he was in an accident just before the fatal one then you have to almost wonder if this guy had a death wish & something like this was almost inevitable. Very likely that if the bar completely prevented him from drinking that he would have just found somewhere else to get drunk. You can't babysit a grown man all day (& apparently AA wasn't doing much good).

Personally - if I were related to this guy I would not want any money from a settlement. Now if all of the money is going to say his kids (if he had any) or charity or final expenses - fine, but the parents should not benefit from their son's tragedy.

Tiger and his camp are obviously not going to admit to any liability, but if there is a way to squash this w/o going to court I think that will be the MO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - getting drunk to excess is one thing & leads to major problems & potentially death. However - how in the hell does someone rationalize driving a car with that BAC? Especially in this era where Uber & other options exist & he is likely surrounded by tons of people with cash who can help him out if needed.

You can blame that somewhat on Tiger & others for possibly not assisting in this case but ultimately this is the responsibility of the driver - the deceased in this case. Anyone in that situation needs to realize that you are not only risking your own life but also possibly the lives of innocent people. Jeez - if you are going to fall off the wagon then at least do it at home or call a damn Uber.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger and his camp are obviously not going to admit to any liability, but if there is a way to squash this w/o going to court I think that will be the MO.

Yep & I sure hope that none of this is for personal gain for his extended family. Again - I would not take a dime of that type of money - at best all of that money should go to charity.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - getting drunk to excess is one thing & leads to major problems & potentially death. However - how in the hell does someone rationalize driving a car with that BAC? Especially in this era where Uber & other options exist & he is likely surrounded by tons of people with cash who can help him out if needed.

You can blame that somewhat on Tiger & others for possibly not assisting in this case but ultimately this is the responsibility of the driver - the deceased in this case. Anyone in that situation needs to realize that you are not only risking your own life but also possibly the lives of innocent people. Jeez - if you are going to fall off the wagon then at least do it at home or call a damn Uber.

I'd suspect most people would be passed out or on the brink by that BAC

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspect most people would be passed out or on the brink by that BAC

The 10 Highest BACs Ever Recorded

I was curious so I looked up the highest BACs ever. Holy Shit! Not sure if these are completely accurate but the top two are over 1%! WTF. The 2nd highest was for a 24 yr old LA woman who blew a 1.33! Thankfully this was when she checked into a hospital & not behind the wheel. Given that I would guess an alcoholic with a .25 BAC may not appear as bad as you would think.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is well covered by law at this point. Sad story and there's probably going to be a silent settlement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just tired of outlets like CNN & MSNBC exploiting everything possible & ultimately blaming it on Trump. Am I wrong?
You are right. The Democrat party, CNN & MSNBC are one and the same.