• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger, just swallow your pride and go back......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is 70 and has an 8 handicap.

That's great, he probably gets out 2 or 3 times a week...there's hope...that was my career low index 8.2.

Some time away from golf during the crash...now about 10 and struggling to go any lower playing once a week.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the game has changed though and he's definitely showing the age. He's got to deal with guys like Watson, Day, Rory, both the Johnson's, Spieth, ... The fields were stacked when he was dominating but the fields today are clearly the best ever. The sports gotten way more athletic (because of him) on top of everything else. I think he needs to look at what Furyk is doing. The guy hasn't hit an eagle all season in a PGA event and he's top 10 in the world. I'm sure Tiger's more than capable of hitting a few eagles even if he does tone it down a little bit. It's just a matter of taking the foot off the pedal a little bit, using great course management, picking his moments, and hoping the field comes back to him a little bit.

Furyk is a prime example of what trusting your own God given swing and having a great short game can do. And Jimmy is no athlete. :lol:

I lost my swing in my late 20s. I still could shoot par every once in awhile but I didn't have "the swing" I knew. About 3 years ago I found it by trying less, trusting my swing, and focusing on my tempo. Plus I didn't care anymore and was drinking a beer every 2-3 holes having fun.

Tiger looks like he is not enjoying himself out there and his short game isn't crazy sharp and his tempo with that driver looks too fast. Mentally? Man that the big question.

And the big reason I lost my shit in golf is I stopped caring about golf. Everything was all about it and I need a major break.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you truly study video of solid swings and try to duplicate a "hogan type swing",

It's not going to hurt you at all. That's the best feedback you can get.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you truly study video of solid swings and try to duplicate a "hogan type swing",

It's not going to hurt you at all. That's the best feedback you can get.

I don't know. Every time I've watched a video it's been nothing but grief. I got sized and they put on a half inch on them and my swing was ruined. Went to the guy I take lessons from and he fixed it in 30 minutes. Had me close the shoulder more, widen up the stance, and shorten the backswing. Worked like a charm and definitely worth the 50 bucks. Problem now is that I'm not delofting the club enough and everything is sky high, but it's consistent, good contact. When I get faith in the new swing I'll go back to him and see what he has for me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Every time I've watched a video it's been nothing but grief. I got sized and they put on a half inch on them and my swing was ruined. Went to the guy I take lessons from and he fixed it in 30 minutes. Had me close the shoulder more, widen up the stance, and shorten the backswing. Worked like a charm and definitely worth the 50 bucks. Problem now is that I'm not delofting the club enough and everything is sky high, but it's consistent, good contact. When I get faith in the new swing I'll go back to him and see what he has for me.

If you had those shoulders open you're probably hitting it way right a lot or you had to throw your hands at it to make a go straight or left. Short backswing is just text book - it's gonna help with consistency. Sounds like u got a good lesson.

I guess for me I can see video and pick it apart. Forgot many cannot do that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had those shoulders open you're probably hitting it way right a lot or you had to throw your hands at it to make a go straight or left. Short backswing is just text book - it's gonna help with consistency. Sounds like u got a good lesson.

Yeah, it was adjusting to the length and the new lie, but that's exactly what was happening. The only way I could get it straight was throwing the hands. The swing was more upright before with a little more arm action but now it's a short pop through the ball. I was worried I would have problems going inside out with the wider stance but it works fine. But it's only been at the driving range. I was swing PW-8 and I'm going to work my way down over the next couple of weeks.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's probably because you're a bit better than most people. I love golf but I picked it up later. Skiing was always my thing until my body broke down. And with that I can watch videos and get something out of them because there's a really solid core of fundamentals for me to work with. I can make a tweak based off of what I see. With golf, I watch a video and exaggerate the hell out of what they're showing and that just ruins me.