• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger, just swallow your pride and go back......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch might be able to get him swinging somewhat like the old Tiger, but the short game and putter are too far gone imo for him to turn back the clock...it's a wrap for that Tiger.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gray matter isn't there anymore. Between the ears is the hardest part of the game.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching this video, I tried a weaker grip and voila', I started striping it right down the middle.!
My irons were more accurate and I putted for birdie 6 times Wednesday. Made 2 of 'em. It ain't PGA play, but it's an improvement.
New course, tough greens, and miserable rough.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching this video, I tried a weaker grip and voila', I started striping it right down the middle.!
My irons were more accurate and I putted for birdie 6 times Wednesday. Made 2 of 'em. It ain't PGA play, but it's an improvement.
New course, tough greens, and miserable rough.

I gave up on videos a long time ago. I have a guy I see every 3 or 4 months and he hasn't given me a single tip that I've seen online, and after I see him I'm striking the ball much better. When I try to do something that I find online it wrecks me.

There is one guy who's pretty funny though. He was going on and on early about how he can get you driving the ball 500 yards. He had his tips on the drive at the beginning, and it ended up with finding the ball on the fairway and teeing it up again. Then he goes on about how these guys who go 300+ are the best golfers in the world and that you have to set realistic goals. I suck with my driver but I can go 240-250 with my 3 and I'm usually longer than the guy I'm playing with. When my driver is going I'm happy with 270. But of course everybody I play with hits it 280 but they're having an off day!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I just saw on ESPN that Woods said his hip was hurting him today and that was his excuse for today's collapse. The guy's ability to blame everyone and everthing but himself for his failure is amazing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so hard for a guy to bust out video of when he was possibly the best ever on the planet? On the radio the other day, I heard a great analogy. Tiger Woods has changed his golf swing as much as Michael Jackson had facial surgery.

This is 2000 - when he was kicking peoples' ass with this swing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on videos a long time ago. I have a guy I see every 3 or 4 months and he hasn't given me a single tip that I've seen online, and after I see him I'm striking the ball much better. When I try to do something that I find online it wrecks me.

There is one guy who's pretty funny though. He was going on and on early about how he can get you driving the ball 500 yards. He had his tips on the drive at the beginning, and it ended up with finding the ball on the fairway and teeing it up again. Then he goes on about how these guys who go 300+ are the best golfers in the world and that you have to set realistic goals. I suck with my driver but I can go 240-250 with my 3 and I'm usually longer than the guy I'm playing with. When my driver is going I'm happy with 270. But of course everybody I play with hits it 280 but they're having an off day!

I haven't seen my last swing guy in a several years now...when I was working with him he was doing 5 lessons for $100...now he's at this high end place...probably gets $80 per hour these days.

Videos of myself I can learn from...especially where I am at impact. Simple stuff I do with my phone at the range.

Whenever I watch the women pros...it makes me realize that distance is over rated for weekend hacker golf...these girls are playing about the same distance I play from...I hit it farther, but not scoring anywhere near the lady pros.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen my last swing guy in a several years now...when I was working with him he was doing 5 lessons for $100...now he's at this high end place...probably gets $80 per hour these days.

Videos of myself I can learn from...especially where I am at impact. Simple stuff I do with my phone at the range.

Whenever I watch the women pros...it makes me realize that distance is over rated for weekend hacker golf...these girls are playing about the same distance I play from...I hit it farther, but not scoring anywhere near the lady pros.

Man you got that right. I was just playing Saturday with this guy who had to be at least 65. He was good for about 230 tops with his driver. But it was always dead center and he was money with every club in his bag. He was probably hitting 6 from 150 but it was way better than my 8. Most of the shots were within 10 and anything outside of 15 was bad. He had one run of 4 birdies and until he collapsed the last 3 holes he was like 3 or 4 under.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....and watch how slow and relaxed the swing of a woman pro is. It's like a carbon copy of my practice swing right before I swing for real and all 398 untoned muscles tense up and my swing looks to have more in common with an epileptic seizure than a golf swing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and watch how slow and relaxed the swing of a woman pro is. It's like a carbon copy of my practice swing right before I swing for real and all 398 untoned muscles tense up and my swing looks to have more in common with an epileptic seizure than a golf swing.

LOL...same here...I toyed around with a tempo trainer...just a series of beeps, 1 take away, 2 top of back swing, 3 impact...kind of forces me to make a full turn...if you get to impact before the 3rd beep you haven't made a full turn back...most of the time ends with a bad result.

This young Asian girl has been practicing at one of the ranges I go to...you can tell someone is working with her trying to get her on a somebody's tour...she wears these earbuds while hitting with the same kind of tempo trainer....except she's probably making about 500-600 swings a day using it, and me maybe 30 or 40.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger needs to swallow more pride and less drugs.

THAT, my friends, is the whole problem. Start hanging out with hookers, you start doing drugs. He did.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you got that right. I was just playing Saturday with this guy who had to be at least 65. He was good for about 230 tops with his driver. But it was always dead center and he was money with every club in his bag. He was probably hitting 6 from 150 but it was way better than my 8. Most of the shots were within 10 and anything outside of 15 was bad. He had one run of 4 birdies and until he collapsed the last 3 holes he was like 3 or 4 under.

That guy was deadly with his approach...not on that level, but we played with this kid who was about 14 or 15 and his dad...Korean...the kid obviously has had lessons and plenty of practice...he wasn't that long...maybe 230...playing the white tees he shot +3 75...I shot 84 from the blue tees...and I out drove him on every hole.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy was deadly with his approach...not on that level, but we played with this kid who was about 14 or 15 and his dad...Korean...the kid obviously has had lessons and plenty of practice...he wasn't that long...maybe 230...playing the white tees he shot +3 75...I shot 84 from the blue tees...and I out drove him on every hole.

Yeah, the dude I was playing with had a funky swing. He'd line up neutral, press the hands forward like 4 inches in front of the ball to start the backswing, turn the shoulders but sway back a little on top of it, and low ball it (probably about 50 foot high on every shot) with a ton of backspin. It looked weird but it was exactly the same every time. He was playing whites and going blue would cost him at least 3 strokes but the dude was at least 65 and he was whooping all of us. My excuse is that they added a 1/2 inch to every club in my bag after a sizing so I'm way off.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the dude I was playing with had a funky swing. He'd line up neutral, press the hands forward like 4 inches in front of the ball to start the backswing, turn the shoulders but sway back a little on top of it, and low ball it (probably about 50 foot high on every shot) with a ton of backspin. It looked weird but it was exactly the same every time. He was playing whites and going blue would cost him at least 3 strokes but the dude was at least 65 and he was whooping all of us. My excuse is that they added a 1/2 inch to every club in my bag after a sizing so I'm way off.

Grooved homemade swing...sounds like my father n law...you wouldn't teach it, but he can repeat it...over and over and putt like a tour pro.

Our little home track is only about 6600 from the tips, 6300 blue, and 5800 wht we normally play the mixed tees which get you about 5 trips to the back tee, but those holes are still not long...the kid played a couple of holes from the blue tee and decided he wasn't ready for it. Probably would have cost him more than a few strokes because there were a couple of forced carries he would struggle with...smart kid.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so hard for a guy o bust out video of when he was possibly the best ever on the planet? On the radio the other day, I heard a great analogy. Tiger Woods has changed his golf swing as much as Michael Jackson had facial surgery.

This is 2000 - when he was kicking peoples' ass with this swing.

Yeah, the game has changed though and he's definitely showing the age. He's got to deal with guys like Watson, Day, Rory, both the Johnson's, Spieth, ... The fields were stacked when he was dominating but the fields today are clearly the best ever. The sports gotten way more athletic (because of him) on top of everything else. I think he needs to look at what Furyk is doing. The guy hasn't hit an eagle all season in a PGA event and he's top 10 in the world. I'm sure Tiger's more than capable of hitting a few eagles even if he does tone it down a little bit. It's just a matter of taking the foot off the pedal a little bit, using great course management, picking his moments, and hoping the field comes back to him a little bit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch might be able to get him swinging somewhat like the old Tiger, but the short game and putter are too far gone imo for him to turn back the clock...it's a wrap for that Tiger.
Too many injuries for him to overcome.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is 70 and has an 8 handicap.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad is 70 and has an 8 handicap.

That's sick. That's what's great about the sport. 70 year old guy can go out there and smoke his playing partners. It's all about getting from point a to point b with the least strokes. Who cares what it looks like.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sick. That's what's great about the sport. 70 year old guy can go out there and smoke his playing partners. It's all about getting from point a to point b with the lea
I agree... He's not as long off the tee as he once was but his short game is off the charts.