• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thurs. Night Football....KC @ Philly....Who Ya Got??

Thurs. Night Football...KC @ Philly.... Who Ya Got??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't those eaglets also coming off a short week?

c'mon man.

Would you rather have a short week at home, or on the road? Would you rather have a short week preparing for the Chiefs defense, or the Eagles offense?

I think the short week hurts the Chiefs more than the Eagles because I believe this is a bad matchup for the Chiefs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home teams are also kicking ass and taking names this year. Eagles might have to lose the turnover battle by at least 2 to lose.

Hmmm...these were the 2 most turnover prone teams last year. This could get really sloppy

But both teams have protected the ball very well this year. Neither team has thrown a pick this season and the Chiefs haven't turned it over at all.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But both teams have protected the ball very well this year. Neither team has thrown a pick this season and the Chiefs haven't turned it over at all.
Alex Smith is also known for being a 'game manager' but Vick...he is due at some point. I just don't think Flowers and Berry, as good as they are, match up well with a burner like Desean Jackson. I might talk myself into the Eagles at some point even though the Eagles look like they'll collapse defensively in every game

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well then this more or less negates your previous comment about a "short week" hurting 1 team over the other.."

I know you're rooting for philly simply because they're playing your divisional foe....meh.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then this more or less negates your previous comment about a "short week" hurting 1 team over the other.."

I know you're rooting for philly simply because they're playing your divisional foe....meh.

Uh, no. I think the short week hurts the Chiefs more than the Eagles for two reasons.

1. The Eagles are at home and don't have to travel.

2. The Eagles offense is unique and difficult to prepare for, more so than the Chiefs defense.

As far as my rooting interest, I actually hope the Chiefs do win. I'm not worried about them being good enough to win the division yet, and if they have a good season that makes the division look better, plus I'd rather Denver gets tested by some good teams in the regular season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is plenty of evidence though that the home team has a significant advantage in Thursday games. Not sure how this negates his previous comment as both teams being good at protecting the football just means they are even when it comes to that side of it.

Now when it does come to game planning it is easier to game plan for a defense than it is for an offense as usually there are more wrinkles a coach can put in for the offense than for a defense. So this means the Chiefs are having to practice for an offense that they have not seen all year on very short notice. We shall see though as I do think these two teams are pretty even when it comes to playing ability. The home field advantage really could be the deciding factor in this match up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't any evidence that the Eagles are a good team, though. Take away that 1st half in the Redskins game where RG3 looked really rusty and the Eagles look very beatable

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see..... I happen to think HFA is a bit overrated....sure it helps some teams...ie: seattle..denver to name a few..but overall it's a wash....it boils down to preparation and #of turnovers...and also a few X factors, like special teams play and clock management.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't any evidence that the Eagles are a good team, though. Take away that 1st half in the Redskins game where RG3 looked really rusty and the Eagles look very beatable

But do the Chiefs look any better? Sure they blew out Jacksonville, but then they beat an inconsistent Dallas team at home by a point.

The Eagles look like they'll be explosive on offense. The Chiefs are relying on their defense to keep games low scoring. So I guess it comes down to what you trust more, the Chiefs defense or the Eagles offense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is, the season is 2 weeks old. Last year at this point, the Cardinals were 2-0 and had just knocked off the Patriots on the road. We don't really know who is good yet and who isn't.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is, the season is 2 weeks old. Last year at this point, the Cardinals were 2-0 and had just knocked off the Patriots on the road. We don't really know who is good yet and who isn't.
I agree. The Chiefs have held serve so far and the Eagles haven't but we don't really know if the Chargers are better or worse than the Chiefs even before factoring in the short week and matchups.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC!!! Go Smith!!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief's by 10 Vick will go down 3rd qtr.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs +3 and the under.