• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Throw a "What If" at you guys

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is likely to part ways with Steve Smith.

Now even though receiver isn't a need for us .... We all know Jerry is in win now mode.

Would you go after him as a FA If he was willing to play for Vet minimum plus incentives.

Now down side would be does he hold our younger guys back

However I think the upside is greater.

I think he is the ultimate player. Never in trouble. Heart of a Lion. Will teach our young receivers how to be professionals. Bring a bit of leadership.

And what was it 2-3 years ago ... he said publically he was getting older and was ready to be the #2 and help a young guy take his place. So he damn sure isn't selfish.
Can play on the outside or in the slot. So he is both situation as well as depth

Maybe it's just that I am a huge Steve Smith fan .... But that is a move I would make. Even if receiver isn't a priority

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be fun to watch him and Hall go at it twice a year.

But I'd rather spend any and all money on d-line and secondary

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats why I said vet minimum with incentives

Gotta admit ..... we would go into the season considered to have one of the most potent offensive teams in the league

Build the defense through the draft :suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ink couldn't dry fast enough, His work ethic and take no bs attitude could only help Dez get better and learn from a veteran with real skills. Something he never had. I know he's not a slot but imagine having him in the slot wow.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ink couldn't dry fast enough, His work ethic and take no bs attitude could only help Dez get better and learn from a veteran with real skills. Something he never had. I know he's not a slot but imagine having him in the slot wow.

This is exactly what I am thinking .... When Dez wants to walk off the field early .... Smith is a player that will smack him like a bitch for being a bitch. And maybe wake up the final piece of the Dez puzzle.

We also have Williams .... who would learn a great deal from him

Like I said maybe it's the Smith fan in me ..... I would so fucking do it if the price was right.

He's 35 ... not getting better.... I just think price is right ... the guy can still play ( hell he owned Talib) not selfish ... the ultimate pro ... heart of a lion ...... I absolutely would bring him in

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats why I said vet minimum with incentives

Gotta admit ..... we would go into the season considered to have one of the most potent offensive teams in the league

Build the defense through the draft :suds:

Agree with Ford. Let's not put a penny on an unneeded position. Now if someone could guarantee Smith brings us a Lombardi I'll change my mind.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets stop pussy footing around and do something serious with the D-line and linebackers. Except for another stud O-lineman, I feel we are o.k. for the time being on offense.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford If I ignored this fucker ..... How can he still respond and post on my topics?

I dont see his topics .....

So seems fair ... He ignores me and stays off my shit and OFC I don't see his

and this is all I have seen from this guy in weeks other than "quotes"

blue jersey jinx
This message is hidden because blue jersey jinx is on your ignore list.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

your partner in crime already got banned today

I dont even know what you are saying ..... just you keep responding

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just agreeing with a post made by a poster named fordman. If you read his post there is no question to what I am saying or agreeing to.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened to the youth movement you have been preaching about the past couple weeks. Now you want to waste another contract on a used up WR that has lost his biggest advantage, speed. Wow, just wow.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think there is a harassment STICKY POST sitting there... and a promise in my personal messages

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go BJJ since you can read my post and I cant read yours ....

This was in my inbox along with that sticky post ..... sent from a MOD

"Yes, you are one of the people that is involved in it, no I'm not stupid enough to not know that BJJ and Pencil are the issues.

I've put that out there, so help me out by ignoring the shit posters. I'm banking they will ignore it or fight it and I'll remove them ASAP. Those guys are not long for this board, but I gotta give a warning first. Help me out here as well. If you avoid them and they still go after you, they are gone."

I dont think this Mod is a liar .... So so tell him how you are here forever and they cant take you away like you have me

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith and Dez on the same team? It will either be the biggest nightmare for a defense or our biggest nightmare.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith and Dez on the same team? It will either be the biggest nightmare for a defense or our biggest nightmare.

I think Smith would kick his ass ..... Smith is a tough bitch .... like i said made this is the fan in me wanting him .... but I could find a valid case for him coming in and giving this offense an attitude adjustment

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing the victim role again. This coming from the major bully and harraser in this forum. I'm just posting my thoughts and feelings like I do when I get a chance. You were the one 3 months ago wanted to ignore each other. For a time I did, but you kept up the name calling, bulling, etc., and not just me, but others as well. This forum will only get better when you leave, case closed.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3