• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked what does the envisioned team looked like, Doug Williams responded with this:

Doug Williams: “The team we’re looking for is in the building now.” Said he really liked this team leaving training camp last year.

9:11 AM - 24 Apr 2018

He further stated that if not for injuries, this is a team capable of competing for and winning the division.

Gentlemen (and lady) your thought please.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked what does the envisioned team looked like, Doug Williams responded with this:

Doug Williams: “The team we’re looking for is in the building now.” Said he really liked this team leaving training camp last year.

He further stated that if not for injuries, this is a team capable of competing for and winning the division.

his opinion doesnt matter. he is just a figure.

until Snyder either drops dead or sells the team anything a skins GM says must be taken with a grain of salt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His thoughts are about what I would expect to hear from some one in his position.

When did you ever hear the CEO of Toys R Us proclaim "Ladies and Gents, we are screwed and will be out of business within the next two years."

While I do agree that with health, the team we had last year could compete with any one, what he leaves out is... this aint last years team in a few key areas.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe that had this not been an opinion shared throughout the front office, someone would refute it publicly. Unless Williams is playing the team's version of Sandra Huckabee Sanders (not a political reference) and speaking without saying anything directly related to the question then it must be a pretty good summation of how this current team is viewed by (almost?) all at Ashburn. (including Snyder)

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandra Huckabee Sanders is the best press secitury America ever had . I believe Doug was right Alex smith is the best 3rd pick in the draft but I will buy this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get otta here with the damn politics !!!!!! damn i gave you an off topic lounge for that

now that being said we are a 3rd pace team

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have to agree with DW.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his opinion doesnt matter. he is just a figure.

until Snyder either drops dead or sells the team anything a skins GM says must be taken with a grain of salt.

psssst…get a little closer so i can whisper you this little secret.

DW was a 1st round nfl draft pick
DW was a SB champion
DW was a SB MVP
DW is recognized as one of the best NFL players for TWO nfl teams
DW was a former NCAA HC

psssst….get a little closer so you can hear me…you, are just an ignorant, ate up in today’s social media individual. your opinion doesn’t matter.

i wish no ill will towards you skins2021. but, if you were to ride a bicycle without a helmet (like we did in my day) and you were to crash and be fucked up for a few days/weeks…i would be ok with that…should be an important lesson learned for your young moronic ass.

HTTR

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get otta here with the damn politics !!!!!! damn i gave you an off topic lounge for that

now that being said we are a 3rd pace team

Damn. just like we were with our former qb...ain't that a bitch.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DW was a SB champion
DW was a SB MVP
DW was a former NCAA HC

psssst….get a little closer so you can hear me…you, are just an ignorant, ate up in today’s social media individual. your opinion doesn’t matter.

i wish no ill will towards you skins2021. but, if you were to ride a bicycle without a helmet (like we did in my day) and you were to crash and be fucked up for a few days/weeks…i would be ok with that…should be an important lesson learned for your young moronic ass.

HTTR

Doug Williams was never considered one of the best on any NFL team but he should be in TB. They sucked before he got there, went to the playoffs with him, and sucked again when he left.

All his accolades as a player mean nothing for him as an executive. He is a manager of a boss that likes company men. Time will tell in the season if his statement is true...we will never know if the statement is honest.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandra Huckabee Sanders is the best press secitury America ever had . I believe Doug was right Alex smith is the best 3rd pick in the draft but I will buy this

C'mon man...really? My comment was clearly noted as a reference to style,

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The redskins were decimated with injuries last year, and limped to a 7-9 finish.

They didn't get 7 wins because of Cousins alone. Sorry.
Trent Murphy didn't help them win 7 games at all.

Breeland and Fuller leaving the team stings the most. True.
Who else?
Ryan Grant? The dude had very good hands, and could get open. I'll give him that. But he's no better than a 3rd string wr.

With a fully healthy team, I don't know if the redskins compete for the division, but they certainly would have won at least 2 games from last year that they lost, and with the way they were playing pre-injuries, it might have been more.

Commence whining and naysaying, one-trick-pony and philthy fan in 3......2.......1......

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Doug is saying exactly what his boss, Allen, wants him to say. To paraphrase....We, the front office, have done a great job of picking a great team and it is up to the players and coaches to execute. We have done our job......

So, it looks like the hot seat is squarely on Gruden's ass.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The redskins were decimated with injuries last year, and limped to a 7-9 finish.

They didn't get 7 wins because of Cousins alone. Sorry.
Trent Murphy didn't help them win 7 games at all.

Breeland and Fuller leaving the team stings the most. True.
Who else?
Ryan Grant? The dude had very good hands, and could get open. I'll give him that. But he's no better than a 3rd string wr.

With a fully healthy team, I don't know if the redskins compete for the division, but they certainly would have won at least 2 games from last year that they lost, and with the way they were playing pre-injuries, it might have been more.

Commence whining and naysaying, one-trick-pony and philthy fan in 3......2.......1......

hey chiller may want to lay off the dabs you sound.... stupid

What about Galette? What about Will Compton? What about Spencer Long for a few games? What about Niles Paul?

The skins horrific ST coverage team just got a lot worse. At this point I'd expect to see 2-3 KO or Punt Return TDs this year.

You also fail to mention anything about that enormous drop Doctson had against KC in the final minutes off a perfectly thrown pass by Cousins. Or the fact that Cousins was playing with offensive lineman off the streets, worst RB group in the NFL, and one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL and they still won 7 games.

Put Alex Smith under similar circumstances and they win 2 games. There was a reason the Broncos and Vikings were lobbying hard for Cousins services.

Because
1) They saw him first hand
2) They know more about football and are smarter then you are

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DW was a SB champion
DW was a SB MVP
DW was a former NCAA HC

HTTR

hahahaahahahaa

man you are delusional.... based off this post I can tell back in your day they didnt teach much critical thinking either, in your defense you had to walk 15 miles in the snow without shoes yadayadayada

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey chiller may want to lay off the dabs you sound.... stupid

What about Galette? What about Will Compton? What about Spencer Long for a few games? What about Niles Paul?

The skins horrific ST coverage team just got a lot worse. At this point I'd expect to see 2-3 KO or Punt Return TDs this year.

You also fail to mention anything about that enormous drop Doctson had against KC in the final minutes off a perfectly thrown pass by Cousins. Or the fact that Cousins was playing with offensive lineman off the streets, worst RB group in the NFL, and one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL and they still won 7 games.

Put Alex Smith under similar circumstances and they win 2 games. There was a reason the Broncos and Vikings were lobbying hard for Cousins services.

Because
1) They saw him first hand
2) They know more about football and are smarter then you are
3. They too bought into the hype

Dude is a pretty good QB, but they already had one of those before spending all of that money for Kirk.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. They too bought into the hype

Dude is a pretty good QB, but they already had one of those before spending all of that money for Kirk.

I think Kirk is really good. I think hes better then Carr by a lot.

In fact here are the only QBs Id rate ahead of Kirk (in no particular order)

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russel Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger ?
Drew Brees
Cam Newton?
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford?
Phillip Rivers?
Carson Wentz

You can make arguments on a couple of those that I listed. At the very worst that would make Kirk Cousins a top 10 QB in the entire NFL.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kirk is really good. I think hes better then Carr by a lot.

In fact here are the only QBs Id rate ahead of Kirk (in no particular order)

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russel Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger ?
Drew Brees
Cam Newton?
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford?
Phillip Rivers?
Carson Wentz

You can make arguments on a couple of those that I listed. At the very worst that would make Kirk Cousins a top 10 QB in the entire NFL.

OK, but IMO there are others that I would rate as just as good.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but IMO there are others that I would rate as just as good.

come on.... i was being as fair as I could. at this stage I do not think Roethlisberger or Rivers is as good as Cousins and I would flip a coin on Stafford and Newton.

Who that I didnt list do you believe is just as good.