• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Wiggins?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is the NBA. Each team drafts needs immediately. Each team looks at upside with every pick also, but they want immediate help and not 5 years from now development. If that wasn't the case then players like Sam Bowie wouldn't have been a bust coming out of Kentucky. The fact that Wiggins will get drafted in the top 3 or 4 players means they draft on potential. But if I were a NBA scout there is no way I take Wiggins over Parker to play immediately.

YIKES. Do you think that the team that wins the lottery is going to be in the position to win 50 games next year by drafting parker over wiggins?

this isn't tim duncan the year after david robinson was injured most of the season brother

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that wins the Lottery is money driven. They may, whomever that may be, will trade future picks to somebody who needs help NOW or they will draft for a season-changer NOW. Believe what you want but the real value of a player in the NBA is the $$$$$$$$.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what most scouts think about Wiggins:

1. He is still the best long-term prospect in the draft
2. He is extremely raw
3. More risky to take at number 1 than Parker or Randle

I hate that word raw

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the scouts say "Raw" they are definitely saying "potential".

Chad Ford's 2014 Draft Board on Disney has these players listed in order "Right Now"…

1) Andrew Wiggins- Kansas
2) Jabari Parker- Duke
3) Joel Embiid- Kansas
4) Julius Randle- Kentucky
5) Dante Exum- Australia
6) Marcus Smart- Oklahoma St.
7) Aaron Gordon- Arizona
8) Dario Saric- Croatia
9) Noah Vonieh- Indiana
10) Rodney Hood- Duke

Out of those 10 who has "potential" and who has "Immediate Impact"? Maybe Wiggins has potential over immediate impact, but almost all the rest have NOW written all over them.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chad Ford's 2014 Draft Board on Disney has these players listed in order "Right Now"…

2) Jabari Parker- Duke
3) Joel Embiid- Kansas
4) Julius Randle- Kentcuky
5) Dante Exum- Australia
7) Aaron Gordon- Arizona
8) Dario Saric- Croatia
9) Noah Vonieh- Indiana
10) Rodney Hood- Duke

Out of those 10 who has "potential" and who has "Immediate Impact"? Maybe Wiggins has potential over immediate impact, but almost all the rest have NOW written all over them.

cmon now. Joel Embiid has NOW written all over him?????? Dante Exum has now written all over him??????????????????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to compare the 2 but didn't scouts say Marvin Williams was raw when he left UNC? All he turned out to be in the NBA was some avg role player.....Poor Hawks took him over CP3

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon now. Joel Embiid has NOW written all over him?????? Dante Exum has now written all over him??????????????????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I said "almost". Embiid is also listed as "raw". But he's also a Big Man which all NBA teams are looking for Now. But Exum is a definite "Now" guy who has versatility that can play PG or SG with immediate help for a team lacking either one or the other.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think the NBA uses "right now"? By that standard, Doug McDermott would be a top 3 pick. Shall we wait and see if that's going to happen, or....

No where is McDermont even listed by Chad Ford.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) Jabari Parker- Duke
3) Joel Embiid- Kansas
4) Julius Randle- Kentucky
5) Dante Exum- Australia
7) Aaron Gordon- Arizona
8) Dario Saric- Croatia
9) Noah Vonieh- Indiana
10) Rodney Hood- Duke

Of those 10 I only see 3 that aren't "raw" and those three are Smart, Randle and Parker (dammit I'm sick of that raw word already)

Embiid, Exum, Wiggins, Gordon, Vonleh and Saric are all going to take years to develop. Lots of potential but they are all still putting it together. Exum and Saric are both still question marks due to them playing internationally.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL BIGs are raw unless they are Lew Alcinder. That was his name coming out of Ucla. Hood can help someone NOW. Not an impact player like Parker but definite help. We all compare these potential draft picks to LeBron or Jordan when they were a rarity.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL BIGs are raw unless they are Lew Alcinder. That was his name coming out of Ucla. Hood can help someone NOW. Not an impact player like Parker but definite help. We all compare these potential draft picks to LeBron or Jordan when they were a rarity.

yes, but Joel Embiid started paying competitive basketball approximately 7 minutes ago.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, but Joel Embiid started paying competitive basketball approximately 7 minutes ago.

Hey, I'm not saying he "will be" anything. I'm just saying that is what an NBA scout is looking for in any player. The point of the conversation is that Parker is an Immediate Impact Player while Wiggins isn't.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm not saying he "will be" anything. I'm just saying that is what an NBA scout is looking for in any player. The point of the conversation is that Parker is an Immediate Impact Player while Wiggins isn't.

sure I'll bet wiggins is Anthony Bennett 2.0 while Parker is an immediate all-star next year, lmao

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure I'll bet wiggins is Anthony Bennett 2.0 while Parker is an immediate all-star next year, lmao

just so you know Dougieeeeee, the guy i put in bold used to play college basketball. he is from canada. he was the number one pick last year. he kinda sucks.

figured i would spell it out since it seems like you started following sports last week

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about Anthony Bennett? Kyrie Irving was also a Number One Pick but I guess you missed him in your focus group. Did you take your Meds today?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about Anthony Bennett? Kyrie Irving was also a Number One Pick but I guess you missed him in your focus group. Did you take your Meds today?

i know it's harder to sense sarcasm online rather than in person, but JESUS dude you really aren't getting it are you

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rather sarcasm is the wrong word.

I was simply making fun of you, AGAIN, and you didn't quite seem to understand that

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats to get? You? I'm simply posting an opinion on why Wiggins isn't a better choice in the upcoming draft after you specifically said he was MUCH greater a player than Parker. What about that are you not getting?