• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Reuben Foster?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the patriots used the 21st pick to get wilfork, not exactly "top of the draft"
It's not in BBs DNA. He'd much rather reach for a 6th round talent in the 2nd. Watching the NE draft for Patriot fans is like going to the dentist.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never take a MLB in the first round, ever... (unless I ran a 3-4).

I think history has proven you can find Good to Great Players later in the draft at these positions. To me 1st round picks have to be at positions that you cannot find starting talent later in the draft.

CB, QB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should go sooner now. My MLB should be a little crazy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster arguably the best ILB in this draft was/is a top 10 pick. Some experts have/had him @ #5. When scouts, coaches and GMs grade players they use red flags as a precautionary measure when evaluating the player as a whole. The first red flag was his shoulder surgery. Then he had this blow up at the hospital that got him sent home from the combine. His agent just sent out a message that Foster apologizes and has set a time 5-7 pm I think it was on 7 March in the LB room @ Alabama for any teams that would like to get to know him.

Super talented no doubt but are these red flags going to drop him in the draft? If so how much and would you take a gamble on him?

Sources: LB Foster sent home from combine

It's something you want to know more details about, but nothing criminal involved so I seriously doubt he drops much...PIT needs edge more than ILB, but it's wouldn't bother me at all to see him taken at 30.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think history has proven you can find Good to Great Players later in the draft at these positions. To me 1st round picks have to be at positions that you cannot find starting talent later in the draft.

CB, QB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

Well I would say a decent number of the best ones though were/are 1st or 2nd round picks...

Luke Keuchley to me is the best linebacker in football right now. Yes down year because of injuries but taken 1st round.

Beyond him you have Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round, Derrick Johnson in his hey day was near the top and 1st round pick.

Not saying you can't find talent later in the draft but if you have a top player at his position you go ahead and take him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a Bama thing. They run their guys into the ground with winning.

Hard to judge but it means Id have him behind the elite prospects and ahead of the normal 1st rounders. Wherever that is.

Speaking of Bama things, is he really that much better than Ragland (who went at #41 last year)?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CB, QB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

There don't seem to be many pure 4-3 MLB in the draft these days. I don't think there even was one last year (at least not a top quality one). You can find good to great players later in the draft at any position. Your percentage on hitting a great player should be higher earlier, but it all depends on your scouting and scheme fit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not in BBs DNA. He'd much rather reach for a 6th round talent in the 2nd. Watching the NE draft for Patriot fans is like going to the dentist.

I've taken notice and you scratch your head. But he's BB, at the end of the day, he makes it work somehow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CB, QB, WR, DE, DT, OT.

Richard Sherman, Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Kelvin Beachum...I agree with DE actually most of those positions, it's hard to find standout talent in the later rounds, but the point is there are exceptions at every position.

The traditional 43 MLB is changing. The kid ATL got in the 2nd rd LY, Deion Jones imo is that new hybrid MLB...because of guys like him...a kid like Hasson Reddick will likely go in the 1st rd now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've taken notice and you scratch your head. But he's BB, at the end of the day, he makes it work somehow.
Can't argue that. But man is it frustrating. We have to annually wait 365 days to watch his madness shine.