• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts of last night

jte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First off wow who the hell was that team last night playing the Steelers. The starting offense I thought played well above what everyone would have expected. I realize that they were playing against a "vanilla" defense, but the starting o-line showed tons of progress over last years piece of sH*t o-line.

Positives
Rex Grossman: In my opinion had the job already and further solidified having the starting job last night with his performance. Again against a LeBeau vanilla style D yes, but Damn!!! 19/26 for 207 and a TD in the first half. Only problem was that he was in the redzone twice and only came away with 1 TD, but a great effort all in all.
Tim Hightower: Great first game in a Skins uniform. Kid was just trucking people, loved him running over Ryan Clark in the 1st quarter. Once Torain comes back should have a solid backfield.
Ryan Kerrigan and Jarvis Jenkins: Looked very comfortable in this Defense. Both provided great penetration while they were playing.
FA’s: Stephen Bowen credited with a sack and Coefield is willing to play anywhere in the defense and played plugged up holes at the NT.
Brandon Banks: Still applies a spark in the ST’s

Negatives:
Defensive Secondary: Played poorly in my opinion. Wilson and Hall several times got beat and beat bad. Horton and Doughty were late on every play that Wilson and Hall got beat.
Shayne Graham: missing two kicks. Especially inside the 30.
Leonard Hankerson: Continuing to drop the ball

Thoughts??

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's just hard for me to get excited, though, it only being a preseason game. I am not one of the "sky is perpetually falling" Redskins fans; I am pleased with the steps they've taken so far and I hope for the best. I just know I'm not smart enough to really look at a preseason game and take much from it. Hail to the Redskins!

And welcome to the SportsHoopla!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think there is noticable improvement on offense. Despite a decent night, Rexy isn't the long term solution though. I also think Hightower will be solid for the Skins.

Baby steps. There are still alot of things to improve.