• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team is a mess

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else growing tired of Mike Smith between the pipes? 2011 feels like 20 years ago for him. He sucks, and his stats show it

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so glad you said it! I was ragging on Griess at the beginning of the season for being no better than lagarbage. I was completely wrong! Griess has been fantastic between the pipes and the team seems to get a boost when he is inserted into the game(evident in the game when smith was pulled and we managed to come back and win). Tippett needs to consider long and hard about sitting smith for several games in a row.

Under tippetts' régime, the coyotes have been known as a defensive team. We went back to basics and made sure we were successful at the fundamentals first and foremost. This team has completely gotten away from that this season. They were scoring at a much greater pace than they had over the past few seasons. This was their "crutch" for weak defense. Now that we are having issues putting the puck in the net, it is becoming apparent that we need need to get back to our roots.

We have turned the puck over at an alarming rate and it tends to lead to opposition breakaways. The puck handling has been atrocious especially in the defensive zone. The power play has been a toss up even after Jim Playfair was brought in to improve that sole aspect of this team. We are losing out on the man advantage because nobody seems to step up and take the shot. The puck keeps getting passed around the ice which does not always equate to a better scoring opportunity.

Yes, this team looks like a total mess right now! I am actually surprised that we are even still currently seeded for the playoffs. Getting doaner back should help rally the troops and Tippett will figure out how to motivate the defense. At least I hope anyways...

Still plenty of time to right the ship but it better start sooner than later so we aren't playing catch up!