• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may have been the most talented squad tOSU will ever field

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they fucking blew it. Only had two hard regular season games but the QB controversy and shit play calling ruined it. The start of a dynasty.. winning back to back nattys. All those guys about to go in the first round.

Squandered, it's very depressing. Only positive is that we beat Michigan and to be honest I couldn't give a fuck about the Rose bowl.

Going to be a long offseason and next year may be rough with the guys we lose. At least our recruiting classes are top notch but these were a speccial group of guys.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they fucking blew it. Only had two hard regular season games but the QB controversy and shit play calling ruined it. The start of a dynasty.. winning back to back nattys. All those guys about to go in the first round.

Squandered, it's very depressing. Only positive is that we beat Michigan and to be honest I couldn't give a fuck about the Rose bowl.

Going to be a long offseason and next year may be rough with the guys we lose. At least our recruiting classes are top notch but these were a speccial group of guys.
I feel the same way, but I've accepted that the fact that anytime you lose this late in the season, you are screwed big time. If that game was played 3-4 weeks earlier, I think things would have been different. Playing those teams back to back this late was disaster in the making, and I called that before the season begain. If we lost a game, it was going to be at the end to either MSU or scUM. I think if we would have beaten MSU, the results may have been different against scUM. The playcalling would have been a disaster.
I'm good with ND in the Fiesta Bowl. These kids will be motivated to play a bowl game in AZ. You live in AZ don't you?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm jelly. I just saw that tickets are starting out at $100 and up.
We own AZ. Lots of Bucks down here. Should be a fun crowd and I hate Notre Dame so getting to whip them in a major bowl game would be awesome!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is squarely on Meyer's shoulders. I think the way he dealt with the starting QB really set the tone for the year. He kind of ran into the same problem at Florida. Grew, and developed, a great team. Then egos got out of control and for one reason or another, he bailed. The Buckeyes should have rolled nearly every opponent they faced this year.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is squarely on Meyer's shoulders. I think the way he dealt with the starting QB really set the tone for the year. He kind of ran into the same problem at Florida. Grew, and developed, a great team. Then egos got out of control and for one reason or another, he bailed. The Buckeyes should have rolled nearly every opponent they faced this year.
Def on Meyer but let us not forget Tim Beck as well (Urbans hire). The single greatest threat to this season was losing Tom Herman to Houston and replacing him with Nebraska's trash. A bad hire from Urbs but how can you not put those guys in a position to score? All that talent and he couldn't muster at least an above average attack? Tim Beck proved to be a baffoon calling plays.

And don't even get me started on the QB decision. That was another giant clusterfuck that just left everyone scratching their head.

Hey but we CRUSHED xichigan and have top recruiting classes coming in so we'll have other shots. Hopefully see USC in the playoffs in the future :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense

D-line:

DE - Sam Hubbard
DT - Michael Hill - could be another young guy like Landers, Jones or Hamilton.
DT - Nick Bosa
DE - Tyquan Lewis

Young but wow what a d-line and the future looks good. Lewis and Hubbard already have a full year of experience also.

Linebackers:

LB - Dante Booker - Baker, Hilliard and Conner are also in the mix to play.
LB - Raekwon McMillan
LB - Chris Worely (Darron Lee possibly might come back)

The X-Factor is McMillan the leader. Darron Lee could end up staying which could make this linebacking core even better than projected.

Secondary:

CB - Eli Apple
CB - Gareon Conley
S - Erick Smith
S - Damon Webb (Tyvis Powell possibly might come back)

Bell is a key loss. Powell would be huge if he stayed. The safeties are talented but Webb could be switched from CB to S if Powell leaves. Very talented secondary though.

Offense

Offensive line:

LT - Jamarco Jones
LG - Billy Price
C - Pat Eflein
RG - Matthew Burrell
RT - Isaiah Prince

2 starters coming back in Eflein (stud) and Price. Jones is ready and should be very good. 2 new starters from the 2015 Burrell and Prince will be the keys to making this o-line a good. It has very good potential actually, just have to give it a little time.

Skill positions:

WR - Jalin Marshall
WR - Noah Brown
H-back - Demario McCall, Dontre Wilson
TE - Marcus Baugh, Jake Hausman
RB - Curtis Samuel, Mike Weber

A lot of new faces and a lot of pieces that hope to get healthy. Should have a split RB system until they find a guy, Antonio Williams is another guy that will be a freshman. Also guys making moves to WR is Torrence Gibson the stud QB, and K.J. Hill.

Quarterback:

QB: J.T. Barrett

Coming back for his 3rd year as a starter, kinda lol. It is a huge key for this offense, hopefully he can get back in 2014 form and he will be a Heisman contender.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the roster Shane. I would like to add that Urbs has thus far the #1 recruiting class coming in. Bosa and Cooper, and possibly we may get Antwuan Jackson a DT? He will announce his decision December 17 and it's between us and Auburn.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WRs aren't exciting at all

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Paris Campbell. Think he could be ready next year with a year in the system under his belt. Future looks bright in Columbus! Hopefully Meyer can have the young guys ready to go by week 3.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talent and playmaking ability of our WR and H back core this year seemed to be grossly underused. Not sure if they had trouble getting into their routes, or if they were not precise in their routes. Just hope Barrett can get back to form throwing the ball next year bc I don't like him running a bunch like he did this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but the young guys have more potentially then WR's in the past couple years, minus Devin Smith. I think Campbell and Noah can be good. The young guys will have to step up big and establish it early in the year.