• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it is probably the least popular team in the city. They have always struggled to get the city of Denver excited about basketball. And players notice it when the Nuggets have the worst attendance in the entire league. Heck even years they are actually decent people still don't come.

I honestly think it was a stupid move to sign him. The teams in small market areas that just can't attract the big name players are the ones that have to blow up the system and hope for a really high lottery pick and find themselves a star. Jokic is a good player and Murray has some promise but they need an absolute star along with those 2 to make it work to actually compete.

I actually like the Milsap signing. The best free agent that the Nuggets have acquired in some time. Paired with Jokic, the Nuggets could be a fun team to watch this year. Oh and BTW, the least popular sports teams in Denver are actually the Rapids (soccer) and the Mammoth (lacrosse). Denver is blessed to have professional teams in just about every damn sport! That doesn't even include DU Hockey, which is a religion here!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the Milsap signing. The best free agent that the Nuggets have acquired in some time. Paired with Jokic, the Nuggets could be a fun team to watch this year. Oh and BTW, the least popular sports teams in Denver are actually the Rapids (soccer) and the Mammoth (lacrosse). Denver is blessed to have professional teams in just about every damn sport! That doesn't even include DU Hockey, which is a religion here!

Sorry I was including the 4 big sports of football, baseball, basketball, and hockey. Of the 4 basketball is probably the least popular. Hockey maybe has fallen below them because the Avs have been so terrible but when you finish last in attendance for the season like the Nuggets did well they just don't have a team that people want to pay to watch unless the opposing team is worth watching.

Honestly I go back and forth on the signing. It won't produce a championship which when I'm paying attention to all that the Broncos do that is the question I ask of "does this move get us closer to a championship?" In the NBA you have 2 choices of how to get a championship. Be a place that can attract at least 1 of the top-15 players in the league (Millsap is not that) or tank so bad that you can draft one of those types of players and then attract a good player to come and join the team.

So while I do think this move makes them a better team for sure and maybe even a playoff team I just think it keeps them just a little above where they continue to be of that not so terrible enough to get a top-3 pick but not good enough to run with the big boys.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I was including the 4 big sports of football, baseball, basketball, and hockey. Of the 4 basketball is probably the least popular. Hockey maybe has fallen below them because the Avs have been so terrible but when you finish last in attendance for the season like the Nuggets did well they just don't have a team that people want to pay to watch unless the opposing team is worth watching.

Honestly I go back and forth on the signing. It won't produce a championship which when I'm paying attention to all that the Broncos do that is the question I ask of "does this move get us closer to a championship?" In the NBA you have 2 choices of how to get a championship. Be a place that can attract at least 1 of the top-15 players in the league (Millsap is not that) or tank so bad that you can draft one of those types of players and then attract a good player to come and join the team.

So while I do think this move makes them a better team for sure and maybe even a playoff team I just think it keeps them just a little above where they continue to be of that not so terrible enough to get a top-3 pick but not good enough to run with the big boys.

I agree with you, CD. I view the Nuggets as a fun side light to living here and I enjoy going to games but it's never been about championships like the Broncos. I think Milsap makes them a more respectable team and gives them a chance to return to the playoffs.

Regarding the Mammoth and Rapids, I was mostly just messing with you. Your original assessment about the Nuggets was spot on! Please, oh please.....can we just get the football season going?!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, CD. I view the Nuggets as a fun side light to living here and I enjoy going to games but it's never been about championships like the Broncos. I think Milsap makes them a more respectable team and gives them a chance to return to the playoffs.

Regarding the Mammoth and Rapids, I was mostly just messing with you. Your original assessment about the Nuggets was spot on! Please, oh please.....can we just get the football season going?!

Amen to that last part sir! I have been training for a Spartan run in Colorado in August and one of my favorite things to do when I go on long runs is listen to Bronco podcasts. They have become unlistenable though at this point. Pretty sure their producers just tell them to try and bring about mass panic in the fan base heading into the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sheesh where is the brotherhood in the NFL? Funny how he leaves out some of the most important pieces to the Davis puzzle. You know the fact that he won NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Or is one of only a handful of guys to rush for 2000 yards in a season. Or the fact that Dillon had 10 years to Davis' 7 to accumulate those stats. And really those last 3 years not sure you can really count those for Davis with him being hurt so much. Dillon had almost double the number of games played. I guess if we double TD's stats he has 15,000 yards, 120 touchdowns rushing, 2500 yards receiving with 10 touchdowns. And that isn't including some palyoff stats.

Really the only argument of why TD shouldn't be in the HOF is because of a lack of longevity to his career. That is the only argument that maybe has some merit. Beyond that he was truly the best RB in the NFL during a time that Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, and Eddie George were all in the league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention last month I flew out to Arizona with the indoor team I am helping.... On the way home we were in the Denver airport and who walks by me twice?

Mike Shanahan.. The first time I was the only one on the team that saw him and he walked by. The next time several other members including our head coach who played a short time for the Redskins saw him. He gave us a wave, smile and chatted with our head coach (Marvin McNutt) for a bit... Kinda cool to see him randomly in the Denver airport.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I see birds playing in the yard...

I think, Toucan play at that game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year it might be on Sanders and DT at their expense since they are the high priced guys. I also think they are the ones who organized it this year considering we don't know who the starting QB is. I do know Sloter and Kelly are not coming so just the 2 competing to start and I don't think there will be more than a handful of WR/TE/RB's invited to it.

I hope our FB get's into the fold .

If I was our OC I would make him a huge part of the Denver Broncos O .

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting an oreo blast at Sonic. Anyone need anything while I'm out?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep a chili dog with onions