• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Nugs have to rely on an entirely different sport to persuade a player to sign.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Nugs have to rely on an entirely different sport to persuade a player to sign.

Unfortunately it is probably the least popular team in the city. They have always struggled to get the city of Denver excited about basketball. And players notice it when the Nuggets have the worst attendance in the entire league. Heck even years they are actually decent people still don't come.

I honestly think it was a stupid move to sign him. The teams in small market areas that just can't attract the big name players are the ones that have to blow up the system and hope for a really high lottery pick and find themselves a star. Jokic is a good player and Murray has some promise but they need an absolute star along with those 2 to make it work to actually compete.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it is probably the least popular team in the city. They have always struggled to get the city of Denver excited about basketball. And players notice it when the Nuggets have the worst attendance in the entire league. Heck even years they are actually decent people still don't come.

I honestly think it was a stupid move to sign him. The teams in small market areas that just can't attract the big name players are the ones that have to blow up the system and hope for a really high lottery pick and find themselves a star. Jokic is a good player and Murray has some promise but they need an absolute star along with those 2 to make it work to actually compete.

Jokich is well on his way to becoming a star. He makes all the players better around him. The issue everyone knows about the Nuggets is that the only team worse on D last year was LGM's Lakers who were in tank mode. So getting one of the better D players in the league is a major step as defense is something that is often contagious. I liked the move.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokich is well on his way to becoming a star. He makes all the players better around him. The issue everyone knows about the Nuggets is that the only team worse on D last year was LGM's Lakers who were in tank mode. So getting one of the better D players in the league is a major step as defense is something that is often contagious. I liked the move.

I think if the move is about making the playoffs for the first time in quite a while then yes this was a good move and hte right move for the team to make. If it is about winning championships then this move just continues to have them be that middle of the pack team that isn't bad enough to get the top players in the draft but not good enough to attract the top tier players to take them to that next level. They are just kind of stuck right now is what I'm getting at. And with the Warriors and Cavs looking like the two best teams for the next few years to me this is the time to try and reload for when they do start heading a bit downhill and be that team that can step in and take the reigns.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lonzo says hi. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the move is about making the playoffs for the first time in quite a while then yes this was a good move and hte right move for the team to make. If it is about winning championships then this move just continues to have them be that middle of the pack team that isn't bad enough to get the top players in the draft but not good enough to attract the top tier players to take them to that next level. They are just kind of stuck right now is what I'm getting at. And with the Warriors and Cavs looking like the two best teams for the next few years to me this is the time to try and reload for when they do start heading a bit downhill and be that team that can step in and take the reigns.
They are too good to get a high lottery pick. And interestingly, they have never come out of the lottery with a higher pick than they went in with. I think Nuggets fans have relatively modest expectations and I'd rather see them compete than tank. In my opinion tanking has become one of the saddest things about the NBA.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are too good to get a high lottery pick. And interestingly, they have never come out of the lottery with a higher pick than they went in with. I think Nuggets fans have relatively modest expectations and I'd rather see them compete than tank. In my opinion tanking has become one of the saddest things about the NBA.

Agreed it is but for the most part it has become the reality if you want to compete with the big boys. And it is hard for me not to think the NBA lottery is rigged making it that much more difficult for the Nuggets to ever get a big name player unless they get lucky that one falls to them like Carmelo the last time they had I think a top-3 pick.

And I am with you in that I would rather see them compete than tank. Part of that is just being so used to the Broncos being one of the most competitive teams in the NFL my entire life. So to cheer for anything but excellence would go against my very sports nature. I just hate seeing a team continue to be stuck right in the middle of things though like I"m afraid the Nuggets will be for a while. Their best hope is that Jokic takes things to the next level this year and makes it very hard for players not to want to play with him. Here's to that happening as I would love to see the Nuggets great.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hardest thing for me is that in Denver it has been the Broncos and that is it for major sports. Rockies haven't done much in a long time. Nuggets haven't been playoff caliber since George Karl got fired. The Buffs finally showed some light this past year which was great! I just worry they lost a ton of veterans this offseason of what they can do to repeat that success. It is nice to see the Rockies making some noise but even there not a great closing before the All-Star break and starting to look like what many predicted of early success that eventually sees them come back to earth. And I haven't even mentioned the Avalanche because well that is just embarrassing right now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millsap was the perfect FA signing for the Nuggets - outside shot - defense - ball skills - and veteran leadership - those are 4 things the Nuggets needed. They definitely got better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really the perfect contract. Get him while he has 3 decent years left then hits his decline after.

Portland signed him to an offer sheet the first time he was a FA. Utah matched so they ended up with Wesley Matthews which was pretty good itself.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hardest thing for me is that in Denver it has been the Broncos and that is it for major sports. Rockies haven't done much in a long time. Nuggets haven't been playoff caliber since George Karl got fired. The Buffs finally showed some light this past year which was great! I just worry they lost a ton of veterans this offseason of what they can do to repeat that success. It is nice to see the Rockies making some noise but even there not a great closing before the All-Star break and starting to look like what many predicted of early success that eventually sees them come back to earth. And I haven't even mentioned the Avalanche because well that is just embarrassing right now.

Yeah. As I was reading this, I kept thinking Avs. What on EARTH happened there? Seriously, how do you go from Roy and the SC to this?!?!?

I just don't see how an owner can go from being so great to so poor. Lyons to Kroenke was horrid. And seeing how the Lakers have handled Jerry's passing scares me for the Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian, Lynch to host teammates at passing camp in LA

We have an answer to the passing camp question.

I keep hearing the radio guys talk about how this is terrible timing to do such a thing. To me it is great timing. Gives the QB's and WR's some time to bond before training camp kicks off and everything becomes a whirlwind. It also helps them get into sync heading into camp instead of needing a week to readjust to one another again. They can hit the ground running from the first snap.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing the radio guys talk about how this is terrible timing to do such a thing. To me it is great timing. Gives the QB's and WR's some time to bond before training camp kicks off and everything becomes a whirlwind. It also helps them get into sync heading into camp instead of needing a week to readjust to one another again. They can hit the ground running from the first snap.

I'm glad it is becoming a Bronco tradition - at the QB's expense. Thank you PFM.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad it is becoming a Bronco tradition - at the QB's expense. Thank you PFM.

I think this year it might be on Sanders and DT at their expense since they are the high priced guys. I also think they are the ones who organized it this year considering we don't know who the starting QB is. I do know Sloter and Kelly are not coming so just the 2 competing to start and I don't think there will be more than a handful of WR/TE/RB's invited to it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so CD.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millsap was the perfect FA signing for the Nuggets - outside shot - defense - ball skills - and veteran leadership - those are 4 things the Nuggets needed. They definitely got better.

With his shooting percentage, I'd wonder if he's related to Ronnie.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year it might be on Sanders and DT at their expense since they are the high priced guys. I also think they are the ones who organized it this year considering we don't know who the starting QB is. I do know Sloter and Kelly are not coming so just the 2 competing to start and I don't think there will be more than a handful of WR/TE/RB's invited to it.

Sanders wanted to have one here in Houston, but I guess they're going to LA. Okay I guess. Wonder if they'll practice at Sanchez's place...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders wanted to have one here in Houston, but I guess they're going to LA. Okay I guess. Wonder if they'll practice at Sanchez's place...

Manning invited Sanders and DT to the ESPY's this week which is my guess of why with time running out they are having it in LA. No major player on the team has any connections with LA so can't think of another reason.