• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Think One Falls to Us?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 of these 3 guys has to be our first round selection.

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Nelson will step into the NFL and instantly improve a team's run game, regardless of who's carrying the football. As a pass-protector, the Notre Dame star uses his strong base and balance to win much more often than not. And he's incredibly aware of blitzers. He was dominant against the always-stout LSU defensive front. He's a line-changing guard prospect.

Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
Brown had his work cut out for him against an assailing Georgia pass rush that boasts the long and ferocious duo of Davin Bellamy and Lorenzo Carter. The Oklahoma tackle was his usual self paving lanes for the run game but was shockingly knocked off his block a few times with swipe moves. It wasn't an abysmal game, as he only moves down one spot.

Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Miller is a large, physically gifted offensive tackle who was one of the bright spots on UCLA's line the past few seasons. He has matured into a quality pass-protector who wins with length and footwork, which NFL teams will love.

It would also be nice if Arkansas Center Frank Ragnow fell to us in the 2nd.

I say we make Clint Boling our LT also as he was great out there unless we get one of the top 2 LT's in the draft. Very impressed with him on the outside last couple games though.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we get Nelson. He’s the best OL in this draft by a mile. Easily a top 10 prospect. Besides, I’d argue tackle is a bigger need for this team than guard. Honestly, I’d argue simply upgrading Bodine at center would help both guard spots, as they no longer have to help with double teams to hide Bodine’s shittiness.

I’m not big on Orlando Brown. Has weight issues and struggles with speed rushers. Andre Smith 2.0

Personally, I’d love Mike McGlinchley from Notre Dame. He reminds me of Whit. He won’t set the world on fire at combine. But he’s physical, and a good technician. It would be nice to have an OT that can actually, you know, play tackle the right way.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we make Clint Boling our LT also as he was great out there unless we get one of the top 2 LT's in the draft. Very impressed with him on the outside last couple games though.

People forget Boling was a LT at Georgia. And was pretty damn good at it. I’d leave him at LT until a better option presents itself. I also like what I saw from Westerman at LG when he played the last couple games. I’d inquire as to why the guy was a game day inactive for almost two seasons, but we all know who coaches this team.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the need. but you know the Bengals won't do this. they'll draft some willy nilly shit that no one would even guess.

I bet we draft another kicker too.

It's like they are deliberately trying to piss off their fan base with stupid picks.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boling has more potential at guard than tackle.... Sure, he looked good on our team at LT, but that doesn't take much. He's a very good guard, so if we can move him back to guard and get a good tackle, that's what I would favor doing.

As for the guys mentioned here..... I have no idea about any prospects. Did any of these guys give up a shit load of sacks in college, tear knee tendons, and have months of rehab that will interfere with their upcoming season? If so, I'd like to take that type of player. Worked real well with Ced.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boling has more potential at guard than tackle.... Sure, he looked good on our team at LT, but that doesn't take much. He's a very good guard, so if we can move him back to guard and get a good tackle, that's what I would favor doing.

As for the guys mentioned here..... I have no idea about any prospects. Did any of these guys give up a shit load of sacks in college, tear knee tendons, and have months of rehab that will interfere with their upcoming season? If so, I'd like to take that type of player. Worked real well with Ced.

Yeah it did. haha *feels the sarcasum just ooze through the monitor*

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think there is any chance Ja'Wuan James, RT from Miami Dolphins makes it to free agency?

Even if he does, I put our chances of signing him at 0.5%.

However, you sign that dude to be your RT, you draft Kolton Miller to be your LT and draft Arkansas C Frank Ragnow...you just remade your offensive line into a quality line in the matter of one offseason. Granted, there will be a learning curve for the rookies, but Miller is already better than Ogbuehi and Bodine was our weak link before Ogbuehi and Fisher began to start.

Plus, this immediately becomes a better run blocking line for Mixon.

Oh well, nevermind me. Just dreaming we actually tried to fix our team in the offseason. I will be back to being depressed here in a little bit and then I can start slinging mud again.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who cares who the Bengals pick in rd1, Marvin will sit him on the bench until he is too fat and lazy.