• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things just got worse

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, yeah, then why is Olt his 1B?

...we need to see a list of FA 1B to settle this, because although everyone "should" load their bench with SP, there could be 4 teams with three 1B, 5 more with two, leaving him with the 23rd overall.

... and I'll say again, Greinke is not Wainwright, and Roark is not Randy Wolf.... and A-Gon is not Hosmer or even worse, Olt.

He said he took the player who had the highest score on the FA list from the week before, so the week that Olt hit like 4 HRs, that would have been him. I agree with everything that you are saying in almost all cases, but this league is 90% about pitching.

Worst case, Kendrys Morales is available and he will have to make due for a couple more weeks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I suppose... maybe wait for Singleton too... but A-Gon is probably going .290 35-110, with a good K-rate (if there's minus points for K's)

Waivers can get thin for arms, sure... but what about the few young guns to keep an eye on, like Heaney, and if Gallardo can't go, we could be seeing Jimmy Nelson soon (hopefully not Fiers who is lights out in AAA, but can he live with a high 80's fastball in the bigs?). And let's not forget this wouldn't have to be his last trade of the season. Solidify your power slot, then trade Cueto for multiple arms, or re-look the Trout thing, etc. ....

I know I'm on an island here, and I hear you loud and clear Tlance, but it just seems too easy to me.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's usually not a smart thing to do, to go opposite vs tlance... but I still think having a 1B is key in this type of league too. (Mike Olt isn't going to do it). Is this the league you were asking about trading Trout? If it is, is that an option here? Trout for A-Gon and a pitcher?

still, if it were me, I'd be all over getting Adrian Gonzalez at the expense of Greinke, who I understand is a good pitcher, but getting a more-than-matchup pitcher like Roark (or maybe you can squeak someone a little higher out of him?) to be close enough to Greinke, to get an upgrade like A-Gon over Olt is very simple, IMO.

The guy that owns A-Gon wants a pitcher. And he turned down Greinke/Gordon for Ryu/A-Gon. He is 5-2 in the league and clearly has a history of being good so he's not easy to fool. I created a league a week ahead of time so in situations like that you would generally get smarter players who would be the more patient ones. And the other option is Vargas who is slowing down.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go with tlance on this cbs points h2h is all about pitching 10 team there is too much available on waivers for batters Got to be a better option than Olt Agon is avg 19 per week but only had 1 week over 30 points and had 1 week of 2.5

Greinke is an ace just cause he is behind CK doesnt mean he wouldnt be an ace on most other teams

btw on cbs he is 8th in points for pitchers tied with king felix:suds:

the other bad side of this trade is what happens when cueto gets hurt:suds:

I did not do the deal

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, yeah, then why is Olt his 1B?

...we need to see a list of FA 1B to settle this, because although everyone "should" load their bench with SP, there could be 4 teams with three 1B, 5 more with two, leaving him with the 23rd overall.

... and I'll say again, Greinke is not Wainwright, and Roark is not Randy Wolf.... and A-Gon is not Hosmer or even worse, Olt.

I picked up Olt for this week because of the matchups and since he bats straight he's headed to Petco for this weekend so by the time the weekend is over he might get 10 additional points given the success of lefties there.

The 1bs there were Jones, Loney, Francisco, Howard, Belt.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fielder done Beltre should get back to playing like his old self, he's already been stepping up. I can maybe move Beltre for a 1b since Rendon isnt doing anything right now to warrant value.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Olt for this week because of the matchups and since he bats straight he's headed to Petco for this weekend so by the time the weekend is over he might get 10 additional points given the success of lefties there.

Loney lacks upside, but he is really consistent. I would stick with him until Belt gets close or Morales signs (should happen in a couple weeks).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is my point, Gonzalez is a Greinke ahead of these guys... in any league. A-Gon will finish at worst 7th overall at 1B. you can make up the pitching.

will he up the ante from Roark to a little "safer" choice?
I can maybe move Beltre for a 1b

well, with all the arguing I'm doing, I am not saying get rid of Greinke.. if you can move a hitter for a hitter, that's probably best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my point, Gonzalez is a Greinke ahead of these guys... in any league. A-Gon will finish at worst 7th overall at 1B. you can make up the pitching.

will he up the ante from Roark to a little "safer" choice?

well, with all the arguing I'm doing, I am not saying get rid of Greinke.. if you can move a hitter for a hitter, that's probably best.

Past performance does not necessarily indicate future results, but....

7 is below average in a 10 team league, and although off to a hot start, Gonzo has not hit 30 HRs since he was in SD. If in a category league, Gonzo would be a Greinke ahead of these guys. Not in this format though.

Gonzo has 143 points against Loney's 118 for an average difference of 3.125 per week.
Greinke has 189 points against Roark's 138 for an average difference of 6.38 points per week.

Not only that, by Grienke is an every week pitcher. Roark had 53 one week and -5 the next. He is a matchup play. While you need guys like him for depth, if your staff relies on him every week you are in trouble.

Greinke is the most valuable player in this deal by a longshot.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can say the same thing about relying on Loneys and Belts.... and I'll bank on A-Gon keeping it up, over Loney consistent single hitting. We're not talking 3rd outfielder here, this is 1b in a 10 team league... you want a good one. Gonzalez hasn't hit 30 since SD, yes, but his shoulder is back in business for the first time since then. And my biggest point, just because you "lose" Greinke now, doesn't mean you can't get Sale later. Lots of options when you have a Trout. If someone is willing to give up one of the other 6 1B for one of his hitters, by all means go that route... but should nobody want to trade one of those six, the A-Gon owner seems to be the only fit.

I guess I'm wasting my breath since he's already turned it down... but I won't sway.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzo has 143 points against Loney's 118 for an average difference of 3.125 per week.

except Gonzo has had five weeks over 20, while Loney has one...

Greinke is very good, but a two-starter is usually just as sufficient any given week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just have not responded to that offer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can say the same thing about relying on Loneys and Belts.... and I'll bank on A-Gon keeping it up, over Loney consistent single hitting. We're not talking 3rd outfielder here, this is 1b in a 10 team league... you want a good one. Gonzalez hasn't hit 30 since SD, yes, but his shoulder is back in business for the first time since then. And my biggest point, just because you "lose" Greinke now, doesn't mean you can't get Sale later. Lots of options when you have a Trout. If someone is willing to give up one of the other 6 1B for one of his hitters, by all means go that route... but should nobody want to trade one of those six, the A-Gon owner seems to be the only fit.

I guess I'm wasting my breath since he's already turned it down... but I won't sway.

He only needs Loney for like 3 more weeks. Then he can get Belt or Morales, and we are talking 3 points a week when teams score 330-350.

Also, getting Sale later is not as easy as you make it seem. People do not trade healthy aces in this format unless they get a king's ransom.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he can get Belt or Morales

Which to me is worse than playing matchup/two start pitchers.

I would think Beltre can fetch something... and then there's Trout....I just know I'd be looking to lock up my 1B somehow in a league like this. I would not be satisfied with the leftovers.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loney to start next week over Jones who is on the road and playing no lefties?

Idk if I can deal Beltre, Rendon is regressing. It may be Trout as I picked up Springer and Cuddyer and hoping Blackmon picks back up next week at the hitters parks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cuddyer not a 1B eligible, he'd be my choice?

I picked up G Jones for this passed week with good matchups, and he smacked two tonight... but he can get really cold, really quick.... and like all Marlins, he's better at home for some reason.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS says he's good against right handed pitchers. I just looked however and he's just on the road against nats and host the braves. Braves do not play well there in marlins park. And the SPs he will face from the nats are Gio, Roark, and Zimmermann.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Gio is on the DL... not sure, but I don't think he's due back next week, so that's a good thing I guess, no lefty.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk if I can deal Beltre, Rendon is regressing. It may be Trout as I picked up Springer and Cuddyer and hoping Blackmon picks back up next week at the hitters parks.

Dealing Beltre does not help. You go from having a hole at 1B to 3B.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious but did u pick up cuddyer off waivers? If so it tells u alot about these leagues and batters No way cuddyer is available in a roto league or a league with more than 10 teams he is way too valuable but in these leagues he is just another OF/1b :suds::suds: