• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things just got worse

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I trust to play matchups at 1b week to week with Fielder done or should I make a trade. I did offer a pitcher, I offered Miller for Morneu and Haren. Now I was offered Gonzalez and Vargas weeks ago in return for Gordon and Greinke. I don't want to give up Greinke, but could it work if I offered him and Gordon for Gonzalez and Ryu? Or will Greinke alone be worth that?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd do that. Adrian is the real deal. He says his shoulder is 100% for the first time in three years, and his power swing is back... and his contact rate never left. This is your 3 OF league? Then yes, Gordon is a dime a dozen.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gordon was good a couple weeks ago, he's cooled down since so he may not be as buyable as he was.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gordon was good a couple weeks ago, he's cooled down since so he may not be as buyable as he was.

NO!!!!!

You still need to trade for pitching. I guarantee there is a 1B on the free agent list that will give you more than Fielder was producing. Don't do this!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered Roark and Gonzalez for Greinke. But I have not accepted yet. As of now Olt is my 1b. Usually you can get a player who had most points off FA in current period and then they end up less the next week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roark? I hardly see him more than a streamer unless you are in 14+ leagues.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Tlance and I are on opposite sides here. I would take A-Gon straight up for Greinke, let alone adding in Roark (deadly at home, risky road start)... you could drop Olt (points league right?).

There isn't a draft that I can think of where I'd draft Greinke over Gonzalez, if I had no 1B and no Ace.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would maybe give Miller for A Gonz. Greinke no. Btw is this a redraft or a dynasty? Changes the value of all players that may be involved.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its neither, its a points league at CBS. I picked up Jones since he has righties throwing next week. Thought about Francisco but he has two lefties.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Tlance and I are on opposite sides here. I would take A-Gon straight up for Greinke, let alone adding in Roark (deadly at home, risky road start)... you could drop Olt (points league right?).

There isn't a draft that I can think of where I'd draft Greinke over Gonzalez, if I had no 1B and no Ace.

TLance has monitored my team more closely so I can see what he means after greinke I have Cueto, Miller, Leake, and then streaming everyone else.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see how you could trade Greinke for A Gonz and Roark. Greinke is probably one of the best SP this year. I assume it is a redraft league since you don't seem to know.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLance has monitored my team more closely so I can see what he means after greinke I have Cueto, Miller, Leake, and then streaming everyone else.

it's usually not a smart thing to do, to go opposite vs tlance... but I still think having a 1B is key in this type of league too. (Mike Olt isn't going to do it). Is this the league you were asking about trading Trout? If it is, is that an option here? Trout for A-Gon and a pitcher?

still, if it were me, I'd be all over getting Adrian Gonzalez at the expense of Greinke, who I understand is a good pitcher, but getting a more-than-matchup pitcher like Roark (or maybe you can squeak someone a little higher out of him?) to be close enough to Greinke, to get an upgrade like A-Gon over Olt is very simple, IMO.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go with tlance on this cbs points h2h is all about pitching 10 team there is too much available on waivers for batters Got to be a better option than Olt Agon is avg 19 per week but only had 1 week over 30 points and had 1 week of 2.5

Greinke is an ace just cause he is behind CK doesnt mean he wouldnt be an ace on most other teams

btw on cbs he is 8th in points for pitchers tied with king felix:suds:

the other bad side of this trade is what happens when cueto gets hurt:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go with tlance on this cbs points h2h is all about pitching 10 team there is too much available on waivers for batters Got to be a better option than Olt Agon is avg 19 per week but only had 1 week over 30 points and had 1 week of 2.5

Well, I have yet to hear or see any other 1b options, so let's hear 'em! I think waivers is full of match up pitchers that you can take advantage of, more so than 1b to keep him in the hunt. I mean what's he gonna do, stream Smoak and Garrett Jones and Adam Lind? You can't give me Greinke's stats, and leave out Adrian's. A-Gon is the #4 1B in points and is showing no signs of slowing down. Sure there will be down weeks, but that goes for everyone (like Greinke's 5 inning outing this week). Greinke has had under a 3.40 era twice in his 10 years... he's good, and better as a Dodger, but he's not untouchable.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Fielder injury has sure created some trade offers in my leagues. I just turned down Weaver and Ubaldo for AGon. This is a 14 team league with a CI spot so the waiver wire is thin. Fielder owners could get desperate so if you have a couple of decent options at 1B you may be able to take advantage, particularly with Abreu on the DL.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Fielder injury has sure created some trade offers in my leagues. I just turned down Weaver and Ubaldo for AGon. This is a 14 team league with a CI spot so the waiver wire is thin. Fielder owners could get desperate so if you have a couple of decent options at 1B you may be able to take advantage, particularly with Abreu on the DL.

I misspoke-I turned down Weaver and Franky Rodriguez for AGon and Ubaldo.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have yet to hear or see any other 1b options, so let's hear 'em! I think waivers is full of match up pitchers that you can take advantage of, more so than 1b to keep him in the hunt. I mean what's he gonna do, stream Smoak and Garrett Jones and Adam Lind? You can't give me Greinke's stats, and leave out Adrian's. A-Gon is the #4 1B in points and is showing no signs of slowing down. Sure there will be down weeks, but that goes for everyone (like Greinke's 5 inning outing this week). Greinke has had under a 3.40 era twice in his 10 years... he's good, and better as a Dodger, but he's not untouchable.

well im not in the league so dont know who is available but in my league loney is and he scores 15 per week

agon is 5th in pts on cbs which is great but i think u have to value pitchers over hitters cause teams use one 1b but they use 5 pitchers

i have done cbs points for a long time and when ive won its due to my pitching:suds::suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say A-Gon + Roark is miles ahead of Greinke + Loney, for ROS.
I hear what you're saying about pitcher points, but you're talking like Greinke is Wainwright, and not even taking into consideration the pitcher he is getting back. I guess we'll see what he does (and who's out there at 1b), as he's sure getting a good debate!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say A-Gon + Roark is miles ahead of Greinke + Loney, for ROS.
I hear what you're saying about pitcher points, but you're talking like Greinke is Wainwright, and not even taking into consideration the pitcher he is getting back. I guess we'll see what he does (and who's out there at 1b), as he's sure getting a good debate!

I promise you guys, these leagues are vastly different from any other I have ever seen.

10 teams, 9 hitters in starting lineups for a total of 90 starting hitters league-wide.
5 SP, 2 RP start, but many use RP eligible starters in those spots. Clever owners usually load their bench with pitchers too, so the end result is that more SPs get rostered than hitters. The quality of SPs available on the free agent list is comparable to what you might expect in a league much bigger (14 team?), while replacement hitters are awesome, thereby devaluing them a lot.

Greinke is a late 2nd, early 3rd round value in these leagues while A-Gone is 6th-8th.

I used to play these leagues, but don't any more. My friend who still does takes SPs with his first 5-6 picks every year and he wins just about every year. This year, he deviated from his plan a little because Tulo was available in the 4th round.

I promise there are a dozen 1B options better than Mike Olt. Do not give up a pitcher for a 1B (even a mediocre one), or you are sealing your fate. If you list the top 10 1Bs YTD, I will help you find a replacement.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while replacement hitters are awesome, thereby devaluing them a lot.

well, yeah, then why is Olt his 1B?

...we need to see a list of FA 1B to settle this, because although everyone "should" load their bench with SP, there could be 4 teams with three 1B, 5 more with two, leaving him with the 23rd overall.

... and I'll say again, Greinke is not Wainwright, and Roark is not Randy Wolf.... and A-Gon is not Hosmer or even worse, Olt.