• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL These 15 or the other 115?

Does any team outside these 15 have a shot to win the CFP? If so, who?

• Yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Blue-chip-ratio-college-football-2020-Bud-Elliott-15-teams-who-can-win-a-national-title-148079661/#148079661_1

History leans toward the idea that no team outside this group can win a natty...in today's world.

9798213.png

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few quotes from the article.

"Put simply, to win the national championship, college football teams need to sign more four- and five-star recruits (aka “Blue Chips”) than two- and three-star players over the previous four recruiting classes.

This is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition. It does not guarantee a national championship, but a team not meeting it is almost certainly guaranteed not to win it all.

This has been true basically as far back as modern internet recruiting rankings have existed.
That is not to say that development does not matter. It certainly does. But nobody wins a national title by player development in lieu of elite recruiting."

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few quotes from the article.

"Put simply, to win the national championship, college football teams need to sign more four- and five-star recruits (aka “Blue Chips”) than two- and three-star players over the previous four recruiting classes.

This is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition. It does not guarantee a national championship, but a team not meeting it is almost certainly guaranteed not to win it all.

This has been true basically as far back as modern internet recruiting rankings have existed.
That is not to say that development does not matter. It certainly does. But nobody wins a national title by player development in lieu of elite recruiting."
I dunno. I would take Oregon over that second set. also Oregon has been to 2 championship games and while they didnt win the statement of "certainly guaranteed not to win it all" seems a bit too sure of themselves

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Texas

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would go with Oregon to win before Texas, Mich., Penn St. Notre Dame, Wash., and for damn sure before Texas A&M.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would go with Oregon to win before Texas, Mich., Penn St. Notre Dame, Wash., and for damn sure before Texas A&M.
Texas is definitely winning one before Oregon does.. The good part of this shows that despite a transition class in 2017, Herman has recruited well enough to bring that percentage up. Two 3 star OL from that class will be drafted next spring, one of them most likely during the first night. Next draft, the talk of TX not developing or lack of picks will be laid to rest.

BTW how the hell does Helton have a job..50%?? If he has a 7-5 season, they have to move on because I'm sure he's going to lose to top half of his class.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is definitely winning one before Oregon does.. The good part of this shows that despite a transition class in 2017, Herman has recruited well enough to bring that percentage up. Two 3 star OL from that class will be drafted next spring, one of them most likely during the first night. Next draft, the talk of TX not developing or lack of picks will be laid to rest.

BTW how the hell does Helton have a job..50%?? If he has a 7-5 season, they have to move on because I'm sure he's going to lose to top half of his class.
Same way the $75 million dollar man does at 50%!

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same way the $75 million dollar man does at 50%!
Thing is Fisher has recruited some gems like Leal, Demas, Jones, Diggs, etc... but he also takes a lot of low hanging fruit as well. His transition class of 2018 is horrible after you see where those players are today (spoiler they are elsewhere)

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I would take Oregon over that second set. also Oregon has been to 2 championship games and while they didnt win the statement of "certainly guaranteed not to win it all" seems a bit too sure of themselves

I agree. Oregon and Wisconsin are 2 schools that have a >0 chance of winning nattys without making the list.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Oregon and Wisconsin are 2 schools that have a >0 chance of winning nattys without making the list.

So far, only Oregon and Michigan State have crashed the CFP elite party. Neither won a natty. But, that's a whole lot better than nine of them that ARE on that list. In fact, Oregon pounded one of them on that list in that team's only CFP game.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I knew how to put a poll inside a thread I would. But since I'm technomologically challenged, here are more just for discussion purposes.

Is at least 75% of a year's CFP participants determined on the NSDs for four previous years?

Will one, two, three or all four participants in this year's CFP come from this above list?

Has Clemson been the best stewards of their talent in the CFP era?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florduh lolzzzzz

They should be in that other group...only reason they won was bc of almighty Tebow and CUM

At this point it really could be narrowed down even more. 8 or so really.

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio St
Clemson
LSU
Oklahoma

I would throw Auburn and Notre Dame in there but really could be 6.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florduh lolzzzzz

They should be in that other group...only reason they won was bc of almighty Tebow and CUM

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio St
Clemson
LSU
Oklahoma

what's funny is NOBODY would have lumped LSU with that group a year ago. Now they belong? There will be another surprise team to jump into that group.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I knew how to put a poll inside a thread I would. But since I'm technomologically challenged, here are more just for discussion purposes.

Is at least 75% of a year's CFP participants determined on the NSDs for four previous years?

Will one, two, three or all four participants in this year's CFP come from this above list?

Has Clemson been the best stewards of their talent in the CFP era?
Clemson is an anomaly. Not only have it's evaluations been nails despite the recruiting rankings, they don't have attrition. Their kids along the OL stay 5 seasons. Now they may not be world beaters individually (the NFL draft has shown that), however developing these players to get the best out of them in seasons 4/5 in the program is amazing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team outside of the 15 listed has a shot at making the playoff? Easy answer. UCF.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team outside of the 15 listed has a shot at making the playoff? Easy answer. UCF.
They can go undefeated and still will be left out

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can go undefeated and still will be left out
Till they put on their big boy pants and play consecutive games vs power 5 teams and WIN said games, they have no shot.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, only Oregon and Michigan State have crashed the CFP elite party. Neither won a natty. But, that's a whole lot better than nine of them that ARE on that list. In fact, Oregon pounded one of them on that list in that team's only CFP game.

No they didn't. They beat FSU, not Florida. But there's about six teams I would drop from that list as likely title winners, and two or three I would replace them with.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florduh lolzzzzz

Alabama
Georgia
Ohio St
Clemson
LSU
Oklahoma

Pretty much my thinking, too; but I would include Penn St., and throw in Oregon, too (but not for this season). With continued success & better scheduling, UCF could possibly make the playoffs, but not necessarily win it.