• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee offical Nebraska VS BYU thread.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I must say, if we were to play tOSU right now......unfortunately, they would wipe our faces in their buttholes.

Lucky little fuckers. Like they really needed Braxton Miller as a wideout. Cot dammit.

I think VT would beat Nebraska right now.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska still needs to get better up front. Both sides of the ball.

The media and program can reference all they want to the "Pipeline" tradition, but we haven't seen Pipeline quality in over a decade. Believe it or not, I'm afraid they've taken a step back from the Barney boys.

The D-line needs to get up-field. They don't get pressure on the QB. The DE's don't get wide plays turned inside.

Tommy is better than he was last season. He can sling some ropes. However, he's screwed running for his life most of the time. When he's under center he has to roll out at full speed because there's no pocket.

I agree we gotta get serious with OL and DL and lbs

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska still needs to get better up front. Both sides of the ball.

The media and program can reference all they want to the "Pipeline" tradition, but we haven't seen Pipeline quality in over a decade. Believe it or not, I'm afraid they've taken a step back from the Barney boys.

The D-line needs to get up-field. They don't get pressure on the QB. The DE's don't get wide plays turned inside.

Tommy is better than he was last season. He can sling some ropes. However, he's screwed running for his life most of the time. When he's under center he has to roll out at full speed because there's no pocket.
agreed. all the talk about Collins and VV wreaking havoc on the o-line wasn't because they were great, it's because our OL is terrible. we pretty much need to max protect, double team as many guys as possible and give Tommy time to throw. our Receivers were getting open and a lot of the missed throws were due to pressure.

also correct me if I'm wrong, but are the DEs supposed to turn wide plays inside? I thought the point of the new defense (it was called "spill" right) was to force the runs to the sidelines where CBs and Ss could finish it off if LBs and D-line pursuit doesn't get to it first.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. all the talk about Collins and VV wreaking havoc on the o-line wasn't because they were great, it's because our OL is terrible. we pretty much need to max protect, double team as many guys as possible and give Tommy time to throw. our Receivers were getting open and a lot of the missed throws were due to pressure.

also correct me if I'm wrong, but are the DEs supposed to turn wide plays inside? I thought the point of the new defense (it was called "spill" right) was to force the runs to the sidelines where CBs and Ss could finish it off if LBs and D-line pursuit doesn't get to it first.

Well I guess I'm old school.

DE's get up-field and turn the play inside for the DT or LB's to make the play. It's the way I was always taught.

Seems foolish to me to give someone the corner voluntarily.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you're right tometom

http://hailvarsity.com/news/going-to-like-bankers-blackshirt-defense/2015/03/

"We are a spill team,” Banker said of the defense. “We’re not going to leverage the ball back inside with our linebacker or with our ends or anything like that.”

Look out for some guys all by themselves in the secondary.

My theory on defense has nothing to do with pleeny. His D's had their own problems with not understanding their assignments.

It's been the responsibility of the DE to make the play (tackle) or turn it back inside since I can remember. I'm talking 40 years.

As an option QB, the DE is the first person you encounter. You want him to commit to you so you can make the pitch and get the ball around the corner. If he commits to the RB, the QB is forced to turn the play inside where the DT or LB's make the play.

If the DT's or LB's can't shed blocks, it's all moot though.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Riley and this Oregon State Coaching Staff faced Bronco Mendenhall and BYU in 2009 -LOST, 2011 - LOST, 2012 - WON.

It is not like the coaching staff had no idea what BYU could and would do.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Riley and this Oregon State Coaching Staff faced Bronco Mendenhall and BYU in 2009 -LOST, 2011 - LOST, 2012 - WON.

It is not like the coaching staff had no idea what BYU could and would do.

Prior to 2013 BYU played conservative offense and relied on Mendenhall's defense to win

so in all reality they run a much different philosophy these days

we lost to them in 2013 when they first opened the offense.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to 2013 BYU played conservative offense and relied on Mendenhall's defense to win

why hello thar good sir
I do hope the Broncos find a way ta come out on top of the Cougaaars today !!!
I did pick um in my pick-ums so

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it was you then.

I really haven't been feeling like going back and seeing any part of that game, but I have it DVR'd and you were screaming your ass off in the front row on the 4th and 1 that turned into a 38 yard bomb.

Yourn face was fire engine red.

lel just saw

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mormons were at it again on Saturday. Dirty pricks

74Jd2MH.gif