• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The XYZ receivers for each NFL team

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the responses because I didn't go through with asking every forum. I stopped halfway through.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its semi irrelevant in some systems, and isnt set in stone yet

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your take on the giants? OBJ takes a lot of deep ones.

I was saying calling them 1, 2 and 3 simplifies it in a way that is useful for fantasy.

For the Giants OBJ is simply the 1. Shepard is the 2 and Marshall is the 3 until/unless he proves otherwise (or you predict otherwise).

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a deep threat is a number 1, the possession has a lot less value in that case and becomes TD dependent.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a deep threat is a number 1, the possession has a lot less value in that case and becomes TD dependent.

do you think Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham are traditional X or even #1 receivers?? Generally receivers who are shorter than 6 feet are inconsistent week to week...

BUT you really have to look at who the QB is and who else they are throwing to... Beckham and Brown(and in a lesser way TY Hilton), are trusted in a passing games, and they are on passing offense that throw more than most...

Height for sure matters, but the QB and offensive scheme is more important...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XYZ doesn't really apply to Cards receivers.

Just know that Fitz lines up in the slot and gets the majority of targets. But many of the routes for all WR positions are pretty interchangeable in Arian's offense.

Edit: Last year was a clusterfuck for our WRs. Injuries(Juron Brown)& illnesses(John Brown & Floyd) pretty much left the receiver core to Fitz & speedster JJ Nelson.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think Antonio Brown or Odell Beckham are traditional X or even #1 receivers?? Generally receivers who are shorter than 6 feet are inconsistent week to week...

BUT you really have to look at who the QB is and who else they are throwing to... Beckham and Brown(and in a lesser way TY Hilton), are trusted in a passing games, and they are on passing offense that throw more than most...

Where are you getting that? Not saying it can't be true but seems odd.

Personally I think shorter receivers are underrated. Arguably the 2 best receivers in the league are under 6 ft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you came around to the idea that the QB matters.:nod:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you came around to the idea that the QB matters.:nod:

Never was against that. BUT taller wrs of similar skill set does not need as good of a QB to be as good.

But I couldn't have guessed how bad the broncos QB was last season, nor mom cried going down for so long

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was against that. BUT taller wrs of similar skill set does not need as good of a QB to be as good.

But I couldn't have guessed how bad the broncos QB was last season, nor mom cried going down for so long

Not sure what that last part meant.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His mom just might have cried, who knows?

Last edited: