• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for Fun

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see Easley either, but everything I've read about him tells me he was possibly even better than Earl Thomas.
Ken Easley was basically ET and Kam wrapped up into 1 player, which is probably why he had a short-ish career but also a big reason why he is in the HOF.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was like Earl Thomas and Kam put into one body! Had he played just another 2 or 3 years he would have easily been looked at as one of the greatest safeties of all time. He was truly an amazing talent. Kenny was a strong safety with ball and coverage skills. Also when he hit people they had a habit of not getting up because he used his arms as a bat in his tackles lol. People HATED getting hit by that one man wrecking crew.

LOB was great - but that 80s DB group weren't slouches either. Dave Brown, Kenny Easley, John Harris, Eugene Robinson. Those were some pretty solid guys. Wanna say 4 pick 6s in a game. 1984 was a defensive masterpiece.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see Easley either, but everything I've read about him tells me he was possibly even better than Earl Thomas.
He and Ronnie Lott were 1A and 1B... In many instances, some believed that Easley was the better of the two... Easley was drafted #4 overall and Lott was #8 overall in the '81 draft... It's not question in my mind that Easley was better than Thomas... Thomas shouldn't be in the same conversation as Easley imo...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOB was great - but that 80s DB group weren't slouches either. Dave Brown, Kenny Easley, John Harris, Eugene Robinson. Those were some pretty solid guys. Wanna say 4 pick 6s in a game. 1984 was a defensive masterpiece.

The 84 Seahawks had 38 interceptions.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little surprised there was no Kevin Mawae love. I realize that he had more time with the Jets but he was a Hall of Famer.

Jacob Green deserves a little love. As does John Williams.

I wanted Mawae, and I almost put in on there, but he was barely average as a guard his first 2 seasons and as you already pointed out he was really a Jet when he really took off. I looked at him similar to John Randle. Had some really good years here - but he really made his name playing somewhere else.

Jacob Green is the biggest snub of a HoFer there is. The fact that Howie Long is in the HoF and Jacob Green is not is a tragedy, and just shows how little the people who vote on this stuff even care about the sport and really only care about who plays where.

BTW, the way you put that made me question whether I put Green on the team. I went back to check wondering how I missed Green (thankfully, I didn't destroy all my credibility and he's there :) )

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the way you put that made me question whether I put Green on the team. I went back to check wondering how I missed Green (thankfully, I didn't destroy all my credibility and he's there :) )

Somehow I missed that you had Jacob there. My bad.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks defenses in the 80's had a knack of causing turnovers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little surprised there was no Kevin Mawae love. I realize that he had more time with the Jets but he was a Hall of Famer.

I definitely remember Green (Tecmo Bowl lol) and John Williams, but shit, I forgot entirely about Mawae who was a fantastic center. Thanks for the reminder.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did their offense... :D

Edit: Pffft, well I guess you guys gotta click the link, but always worth it.

In the 80's the Hawks and Broncos HATED each other. It was the best rivalry in the AFC West. Then it was the Hawks and Raiders. Seattle was the only team in the division that had a winning record against the Raiders. It was really stupid for them to remove the Hawks from the AFC West and it should have been San Diego that got the boot.

Then again Seattle has been the most dominant team in the NFC West since 2002 with almost twice as many NFC West championships as any other team so it was a good thing.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't really chimed in on the picks, but Mawae would be my center, and John L. Williams would be my FB choice.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really chimed in on the picks, but Mawae would be my center, and John L. Williams would be my FB choice.

I definitely couldn't give C to Mawae - he was just ok as a Seahawk. All his best years were in NY. We could definitely make an amazing roster with all the players who've played for Seattle even if their best days weren't in Seattle. In that case I'd definitely put Mawae at center. That roster would be pretty insane.

I don't have an issue with Williams at FB. Held the team record in receptions in a season for a while. Loved JLW.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was like Earl Thomas and Kam put into one body! Had he played just another 2 or 3 years he would have easily been looked at as one of the greatest safeties of all time. He was truly an amazing talent. Kenny was a strong safety with ball and coverage skills. Also when he hit people they had a habit of not getting up because he used his arms as a bat in his tackles lol. People HATED getting hit by that one man wrecking crew.

Yeah that sounds about right based on everything I've read about him. To my understanding he was arguably one of the best defensive players in the NFL, but unfortunately it was for a very short period of time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, Alexander isn't seen as positively because he had the best 2 linemen in team history blocking for him at the time - and when they ran left it was extremely noticeable just how effective they were. I'm not arguing that they weren't great. I'm arguing that Alexander's skillset complimented what they did much more than Lynch's would have. I've been watching the team a long time - and have watched and studied film from years before I was a fan to appreciate the history. I'm not as sold as many on here that Lynch is the best in team history - I'm looking at him around #4 honestly, but his physical style was something that wasn't already on the team.

I understand that Dickson is great. I really just wanted people to remember who Tuten was - as most punters aren't remembered - even the good ones. Especially more than 20 years after they have retired. Also, Tuten didn't take plays into his own hands like Dickson has done on multiple occasions. Tuten punted when he was supposed to punt. :D
That's fair on the Alexander and Lynch comparison. I think my biggest argument against Alexander is that I don't think he would've had a very good career if he was running behind the offensive line that Lynch had. But, in this hypothetical you have a great offensive line blocking for him, so I'll defer to you on this one.

My argument for Lynch being the best in franchise history is mostly predicated on his ability to break tackles and fight for extra yards. His highlights are great, but I feel like what made him the greatest in history were the plays that aren't shown on those highlight reels. The plays when a guard missed a block and Lynch was hit at the line of scrimmage and somehow would be able to turn it into 3 yards.

Great discussion though as always my friend :suds: