• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Waste of time Bowl

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't understand is why they moved it to before the SB. That's the main reason that it's not getting the ratings that it used to. The best players don't play in it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never watched a Pro Bowl and probably never will.

I religiously watch the MLB All Star Game and NASCAR's All Star Race every year though. Don't have a problem with the exhibition atmosphere, but I like it when the players/drivers are actually trying to win the game/race.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, the Pro Bowl typically gets better ratings than the World Series and NBA Finals. So someone out there is watching.

No way that's true, seriously?

I honestly haven't watched the Pro Bowl in 30 years. The only one worth watching is the MLB All Star game.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never watched a Pro Bowl and probably never will.

I religiously watch the MLB All Star Game and NASCAR's All Star Race every year though. Don't have a problem with the exhibition atmosphere, but I like it when the players/drivers are actually trying to win the game/race.

Love baseball, but can't take the All Star Game seriously because of it impacting home field advantage. That's just me. I think that's ridiculous. The teams should have a right to earn it. Easily he worst All Star format in sports.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love baseball, but can't take the All Star Game seriously because of it impacting home field advantage. That's just me. I think that's ridiculous. The teams should have a right to earn it. Easily he worst All Star format in sports.

I don't care for the game determining home field advantage, but at the same time that incentive does lead to the players actually being competitive. It's usually a good baseball game and I get to see players that I rarely get to see play from the AL.

You'd be amazed at how rarely I get see Mike Trout in action.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched it in years.

Me either, I have tried but it's a bigger joke than Bill's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"..

Bill-Clinton-e-Monica-Lewinsky_o_su_horizontal_fixed.jpg wooops !!!!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I can't believe anybody is cool with that. A team works very hard all season to have the best record, but don't get home field because players from other teams couldn't get the job done in an exhibition game.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to the pro bowl, screw all you guys. Its a week long party for both the players and fans and its a lot of fun. Apparently the nearby water park wet n wild is having a pro bowl party. Jamal Lewis is going to be DJ'ing lmao

Pepsi-hang-with-the-pros-pool-party_04.jpg

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't believe anybody is cool with that. A team works very hard all season to have the best record, but don't get home field because players from other teams couldn't get the job done in an exhibition game.

I mean you could have a team with the most wins in all of baseball have to give up home field advantage to a team that did not even win its division all because of who won an All Star exhibition game.

That may be the stupidest thing in all of sports.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way that's true, seriously?

I honestly haven't watched the Pro Bowl in 30 years. The only one worth watching is the MLB All Star game.

Halftime: The 50 Most-Viewed Sporting Events of 2012 (So Far) — Sports Media Watch

Pro Bowl television ratings take another big dip

It was necessarily true last season since the Pro Bowl ratings took a dip & the NBA Championships were higher than in a very long time due to the Cavs-Warriors matchup.

However - look at above link above for 2012 - the numbers have not changed that much in the subsequent years. The NFL rules & therefore people even tune in for a crappy game like this one. My guess is that for many it is background noise & people only tune in for parts of the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is definitely becoming a joke to have that "Pro Bowl" title next to your name. This year set a new record for most players being able to claim they are a Pro Bowl player. 133 players in the league with all of the injury and Super Bowl replacements can claim they made the Pro Bowl this year.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*......all the Pats ''bailed-out'' of the pro-bowl, I hear........*still waiting for Hammers/new-thread on this LATE-BREAKING/scandal*.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know if its easily the worst, cause the PB is very lame, but definitely what's at stake for the All-Star game is kinda dumb......

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't understand is why they moved it to before the SB. That's the main reason that it's not getting the ratings that it used to. The best players don't play in it.
......for spicing-up rating$/more interest and viewership/more shekels in the NFL-till,.....the new format I hear is pretty cool = you're teammates with opposite conf. players too.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's world the Pro Bowl should simply be a banquet dinner where awards are handed out. No player wants to get injured even getting off the plane.