• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the season premiere of "American Horror Story" the other night and it made me recall just how far ahead of everything else TWD is on many levels.

(Psst. Lady Gaga sucks!)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the season premiere of "American Horror Story" the other night and it made me recall just how far ahead of everything else TWD is on many levels.

(Psst. Lady Gaga sucks!)
I gave up on AHS after last season. It is complete trash.

I agree that TWD is well ahead of most of all other shows on TV, using AHS:Hotel as the proof of that is like saying the Packers are a good team because I watch some 5th graders tossing the ball around and they werent as good.

Compare TWD to GoT, DareDevil, NCIS, etc and the statement will actually mean something.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on AHS after last season. It is complete trash.

I agree that TWD is well ahead of most of all other shows on TV, using AHS:Hotel as the proof of that is like saying the Packers are a good team because I watch some 5th graders tossing the ball around and they werent as good.

Compare TWD to GoT, DareDevil, NCIS, etc and the statement will actually mean something.

NCIS? Lol.

And TWD is entertaining most of the time but it isn't GOT, daredevil, Better Call Saul type quality. Etc..

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCIS? Lol.

And TWD is entertaining most of the time but it isn't GOT, daredevil, Better Call Saul type quality. Etc..
For network TV, NCIS is pretty bad-ass. Gibbs is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

Granted, cable shows are in a different class, though (Dexter, GoT, BCS, BB, Shield, etc)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell happened to Gimple? Alluva sudden he looks like Richard Dreyfuss circa Jaws. :pound:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was excellent. I was really worried 5 minutes in with the time jumping and black and white parts. But they were done really well and it worked out to be one great episode.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they did it this way for the story and tension. But 2 minutes looking at that set up, I had a better solution.

Build a reinforced wall 20 feet behind the trucks at the top of the ramp. Once the trucks fall off the edge, releasing them the trap works. The wall will be one that will feed them to the edge, so they bang up against the wall and then over the cliff. They fall to the bottom where the walkers are destroyed, or at least critically disabled.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of interested to see where this Glen/Nicholas storyline goes. I think Nicholas either saves the life of 1 of Glen, Maggie, or Tara or he causes 1 of them to die. Either way he probably ends up dead himself as a result. On Talking Dead they asked if he redeemed himself. I'm not sure how that's even a question at this point. The question should have been whether or not he will redeem himself.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hoping there is a Morgan/Carol storyline brewing. Hard to say if that little exchange was just a 1 time thing or if it will lead to something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hoping there is a Morgan/Carol storyline brewing. Hard to say if that little exchange was just a 1 time thing or if it will lead to something.
They focused on that exchange during TTD, so I think they will certainly expound on that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they did it this way for the story and tension. But 2 minutes looking at that set up, I had a better solution.

Build a reinforced wall 20 feet behind the trucks at the top of the ramp. Once the trucks fall off the edge, releasing them the trap works. The wall will be one that will feed them to the edge, so they bang up against the wall and then over the cliff. They fall to the bottom where the walkers are destroyed, or at least critically disabled.
Not a bad plan, but I had a better plan.

Molotov cocktails!

HAPPY HOUR AT THE QUARY!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad plan, but I had a better plan.

Molotov cocktails!

HAPPY HOUR AT THE QUARY!
Set up my plan, and they don't all die right away. They stay there and loud, just thin out as they climb the ramp.

So they are like a baited trap. It keeps the area clear of walkers, and also has a mechanism so they destroy themselves over time.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers and directors are clearly people that think they can do whatever they want. Lots of zombies, most expensive episode ever, but did they really need the time jumping to pull it off? Go back to rick telling them to clear the building 20 minutes after it happened? Some of it was cool, some was just not necessary just to fill 90 minutes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers and directors are clearly people that think they can do whatever they want. Lots of zombies, most expensive episode ever, but did they really need the time jumping to pull it off? Go back to rick telling them to clear the building 20 minutes after it happened? Some of it was cool, some was just not necessary just to fill 90 minutes.
I was not a huge fan of the black and white, either. Apparently, they decided to use the "time-jump" strategy just so they can jump directly from the porch scene between Rick and Morgantown Carter's death. They thought it would be more powerful that way.

With as closely as people watch this show, I don't think that was necessary.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sasha's line about What's-his-face's hair was great.