• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. An army of women. I assumed so OK if I was off.

2. Didn't mean to call this one filler. But if next week we get a whole episode to find out what happened to Heath followed by musings by Carol I won't be impressed

I thought it was that Oceanside group at first too but then I'm pretty sure I noticed quite a few men among them. There did seem to be way more women though I think. Will have to watch again. If it is them then I'm not sure that Tara being with them would be a good thing.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with those that thought that was a good episode. Negan's eulogy was pretty funny. That trick with the wire was pretty cool. I'm curious about this new group. Rick's smile obviously suggests he thinks he can recruit them. The fact that they didn't just blow them away means they can probably be reasoned with. I'll definitely be interested to see what happens with that. Didn't catch the preview for next week but hopefully they pick up where they left off instead of an episode where they focus only on Dwight or something like that.

Now that Daryl is at the Hilltop, I think Morgan will use that info to get Carol to go back. Either that or Daryl goes out himself. He'll convince her to talk to the King is what I'm thinking will happen. I don't see that kid (Benjamin?) surviving much longer. Same for Eric.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with those that thought that was a good episode. Negan's eulogy was pretty funny. That trick with the wire was pretty cool. I'm curious about this new group. Rick's smile obviously suggests he thinks he can recruit them. The fact that they didn't just blow them away means they can probably be reasoned with. I'll definitely be interested to see what happens with that. Didn't catch the preview for next week but hopefully they pick up where they left off instead of an episode where they focus only on Dwight or something like that.

Now that Daryl is at the Hilltop, I think Morgan will use that info to get Carol to go back. Either that or Daryl goes out himself. He'll convince her to talk to the King is what I'm thinking will happen. I don't see that kid (Benjamin?) surviving much longer. Same for Eric.

"Without Fat Joey, Skinny Joey is just Joey. And that's a god damn tragedy"

:laugh3:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Daryl is at the Kingdom, not the Hilltop. But yeah I suspect it'll get Carol involved somehow. I'm glad it makes sense that Daryl is there and that it's not purely a plot device to get Carol back into the fold.

I agree, seemed like they were setting up the kid and Eric or Aaron to die at some point this season. It's really a problem with TV shows these days. They don't do character development, or abruptly stop character development for a while, and when they come back to it, it feels forced and that it's just a setup for something tragic. At least that's how I see it. Especially with Eric and Aaron. Eric faded into the rest of Alexandria but is all of a sudden getting prominent screen time in the premiere? Something's up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice there was someone else in the car with Gabriel at the beginning of the episode. Probably the same guy from the season finale, who is likely connected to the group at the end of the premiere.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the midseason was ok. Pretty uneventful IMO but the story progressed a bit towards the inevitable conflict so there is that. I am interested to see how Rick is thinking to use the z-herd. Afterall, the Saviors obviously know about them so I currently don't see how he could trick them in a field battle unless they were total idiots. Maybe he plans on herding the herd into the Savior's compound somehow?

Now, back to the overall.

My problem with this season hasn't been the excessive violence (more is better in my book!) or the lack of humanity. My problem was Rick's blatant stupidity regarding the situation.

It was semi-reasonable that he got them into a bad situation and Abe was killed and then Glenn's eyeballs popped outta his head like overripe grapes. But his whiny bitch reaction to the situation was f'n stupid. When the Saviors showed up at their door the next time, the group still had guns, they had explosives, they had a friggin rocket launcher for god's sake! Negan, standing alone, raps on the gate with his stupid baseball bat, pop a cap in his head, rocket launch the a truck, and take it from there. If they had blown up a truck in the back, they could have picked off the rest like sitting ducks. I won't even go into the why and how they don't have their entire perimeter boobytrapped with explosives and other crap. They should have wiped the Saviors main fighting group right out at that point.

I am assuming that they get back on track soon, but letting it get to this point was some of the most wussy crap ever considering that they are living in an apocalyptic wasteland.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jakedog56 pretty much summed up the entire problem, really. Negan shoulda been taken out already.

And I gotta say, ol' Zeke's schtick is wearin' kinda thin. Let's get to tiger time.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the midseason was ok. Pretty uneventful IMO but the story progressed a bit towards the inevitable conflict so there is that. I am interested to see how Rick is thinking to use the z-herd. Afterall, the Saviors obviously know about them so I currently don't see how he could trick them in a field battle unless they were total idiots. Maybe he plans on herding the herd into the Savior's compound somehow?

Now, back to the overall.

My problem with this season hasn't been the excessive violence (more is better in my book!) or the lack of humanity. My problem was Rick's blatant stupidity regarding the situation.

It was semi-reasonable that he got them into a bad situation and Abe was killed and then Glenn's eyeballs popped outta his head like overripe grapes. But his whiny bitch reaction to the situation was f'n stupid. When the Saviors showed up at their door the next time, the group still had guns, they had explosives, they had a friggin rocket launcher for god's sake! Negan, standing alone, raps on the gate with his stupid baseball bat, pop a cap in his head, rocket launch the a truck, and take it from there. If they had blown up a truck in the back, they could have picked off the rest like sitting ducks. I won't even go into the why and how they don't have their entire perimeter boobytrapped with explosives and other crap. They should have wiped the Saviors main fighting group right out at that point.

I am assuming that they get back on track soon, but letting it get to this point was some of the most wussy crap ever considering that they are living in an apocalyptic wasteland.

I agree, and maybe I just don't watch enough TV, but this I think is just an inherent problem with action cable TV shows. They really don't do a good job of advancing plots naturally, or in ways that make sense. This show has almost always had a problem with it. You can probably blame their budgets, their episode demands (there have been many seasons where the Walking Dead could have gotten away with 10-12 episode seasons), bad writing and all. And it's not wrong. I think it's just a problem action cable shows face, and that's also why I don't watch that many. The Walking Dead does a pretty good job with their resources (they probably have the most of any cable show), but there are just certain things they will never beat.

It's really too bad this show was rejected by HBO. I'm still enjoying it for what it's worth now though. My expectations aren't that high. It helps that the actors are generally pretty good and that the action is still cool.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm not even gonna get into how Rosita has suddenly become a demolitions expert. Can someone refresh me on how Daryl was with the group? Seems like I missed something somewhere...:scratch:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm not even gonna get into how Rosita has suddenly become a demolitions expert. Can someone refresh me on how Daryl was with the group? Seems like I missed something somewhere...:scratch:
He busted out of the Savior community when Carl and Jesus were there. He went back to Hilltop with Jesus and met up with Rick and co when Rick looked down and realized that he did, in fact, still have a pair of danglers.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee no one liked the trick with the two cars and the cable? :D I liked that..

I liked the episode. I think the last group is the army of women and I think Ezekiel will join once he see the group has a chance.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm not even gonna get into how Rosita has suddenly become a demolitions expert. ...:scratch:
I thought that was hilarious also. She knew more about explosives than Rick the cop does.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good introductory episode. It showed the Hilltop will be on board but there will be a power struggle there with Gregory the Weasle.

It showed the trepidation of Ezekiel to join because of a past failure. I think the kid will have to die to make Ezekiel come around, and possibly Carol.

I don't think the last group was Oceanside. I saw guys in there and that smile made me think Rick recognized somebody. It had to be Gabriel or possibly Heath.

I didn't notice somebody upfront with Gabriel. Maybe Dwight or Heath.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one is Judith

walking-deadwatermark_0.jpg

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me where Ricks group got the dynamite?
The Saviors had rigged up a trap on the highway to stop herds. Rick and crew stole the majority of the explosives out of the trap.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell me where Ricks group got the dynamite?
The Saviors had rigged up a trap on the highway to stop herds. Rick and crew stole the majority of the explosives out of the trap.
That storyline took up at least 20 mins of the episode. Don't you hit pause when you leave the room to take a dump?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Rosita is hawt, cuz she fucking sucks. Her acting. Her character. Maybe the worst on the show. Sasha a close second.

Episode was alright for me.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Rosita is hawt, cuz she fucking sucks. Her acting. Her character. Maybe the worst on the show. Sasha a close second.

Episode was alright for me.
How dare you talk about our newfound explosives expert in such a demeaning manor. Take it back.