• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is any way the governor is alive. The sword was right under his heart and the lights went off after she pulled the trigger. The walkers were about there for the dinner bell anyway. I was hoping they would have shown the walkers get to him and start feeding before he died, that would have been a better kill.

:nod: :agree: :nod:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smokes, just watched that episode. THAT was the battle I expected to happen at the end of last season.

Though, as some have mentioned, it always amazes me how terrible of a shot these people are. I mean, in the end the Governor's group all got killed but it's always funny to me that these people can pick off zombies with headshots left and right (like when the zombie horde broke into the came a few episodes ago and Carl/Rick fought them off single handedly) but then like 15 people break in and they're just blindly shooting all over the place. They were all in the open and all of Rick's group were behind cover. The Governor's group would have been dead after a few seconds.

I think it's actually pretty obvious what's going to happen. What was Hershel? He was a vet - or their doctor. What was the governor's girlfriend? A nurse. Hershel died and she's going to take his place as the "healer" in the group. By her killing the governor and her sister running away it made it very clear that they had turned. Maybe she'll even start to have a thing for Rick since that element of the show was killed off.

I also don't think the baby is dead, I think the kids who fought back (which was awesome) took her.
well on the 1st part. Maybe they all got Buck fever :becky:

on the 2nd part I was calling that one before the episode aired. Figured Hershel would die & the nurse would take over.

Also I agree with you. I don't think the baby is dead either.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is any way the governor is alive. The sword was right under his heart and the lights went off after she pulled the trigger. The walkers were about there for the dinner bell anyway. I was hoping they would have shown the walkers get to him and start feeding before he died, that would have been a better kill.
yeah when I saw walkers coming through the fence & the gov. was still laying there alive. I thought he was gonna get chewed on alive. A more fitting death. (then be turned into a walker)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but that's why I'm suspicious. They showed Hershel getting his head chopped off so you think they would have shown the governor getting his own. On the flip side, what does make me suspicious is that his GF was a nurse; so she's capable of potentially treating him. Who knows. I wish they just would have shown him dead.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else sick and tired of these "half seasons"? :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I'm OK with it. What I hate are the shows that only do 10 episodes and don't give you enough content per season. I love game of thrones - but it's guilty of that. Trying to cram everything into 10 episodes. I'd much rather have 8 or 9 episodes and then a three week break before continuing again. I think it returns in January. NO big deal, especially with the holidays coming up.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm OK with it. What I hate are the shows that only do 10 episodes and don't give you enough content per season. I love game of thrones - but it's guilty of that. Trying to cram everything into 10 episodes. I'd much rather have 8 or 9 episodes and then a three week break before continuing again. I think it returns in January. NO big deal, especially with the holidays coming up.

Its tentatively scheduled for the second week of February. Seems like some time will go by with each group heading off in different directions. Dont know about the tenative date though, seems like they might be trying to renegotiate a deal or something.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was the first Sunday after the Superbowl. I assume it will be the same thing this year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. There is a marathon of episodes starting at 10:00am est this Sunday. I won't be seeing them (SB party) but I will DVR them as it has been a while since I have have seen the original episodes. New stuff coming very soon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping this next half of the season is much better than the first and not too many just stopped watching. It is looking like it will get much better. We will see.....tonight.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good episode to start off the second half of season 4. They really stuck to the comics, almost scene for scene with Rick and Carl. A big episode for Chandler Riggs, and I think he did a good job. We know what happened to 3 of them. Looks like next week we'll see what happened to several of the others.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good episode to start off the second half of season 4. They really stuck to the comics, almost scene for scene with Rick and Carl. A big episode for Chandler Riggs, and I think he did a good job. We know what happened to 3 of them. Looks like next week we'll see what happened to several of the others.

I re-read issue 49 after last night's ep, and it really was amazing how close they stayed to the comics for that ep. I plan on re-reading issue 50 tonight since 4.9 was supposed to be based on those two issues.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they? I don't follow the comic book but most tell me is has been different. Carl has some deep seeded hatred for his father...not sure if that has been resolved but looking better.The history of Michonne finally revealed and her showing emotions was good. Still curious if 'Lil Ass Kicker made it.I got a good laugh at Carl trying to break that door down!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I re-read issue 49 after last night's ep, and it really was amazing how close they stayed to the comics for that ep. I plan on re-reading issue 50 tonight since 4.9 was supposed to be based on those two issues.
Not to spoil my surprise of the tv show but what issue is the comic book up to currently?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read the comics so I don't care if the episode was accurate or not, but that episode sucked. Which part was not boring? Years and years go by with Rick having superhuman recovery and stamina and suddenly now he can't keep up with his 13 year old kid?

Carl in the tv series is fucking boring and inept. He has no leadership ability is that's what they're eventually going for. He's just another kid who thinks he knows everything until he finds out he doesn't. I'm sick of him.

I wish the show was about Darrel. He's easily the most interesting character and Norman Reedus is the best actor on the show.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about killing him off, but I know if he was my son, I woulda beat the shit out of him by now.