• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Umbrella Academy

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Constantly making bad decisions & making things worse for everyone else. It would have been better had she tragically sacrificed herself to save the world (rectifying her own mistake) instead of the time-travel nonsense they could have redirected the entire focus of the show in S2.

i mean it’s based on the comics and she didn’t do that in the source material, so I get them not making that major change.

but they do a bad job building her up soupy feel bad for her.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how I feel, except I really connect with Luther. they messed up on his powers though and it makee

five is super entertaining. Klous is in small doses

I think they do a very bad making you feel bad for vanya. Which i think they were trying to do.
I think they are going for pitiable for all of the characters as they all have their own struggles that they are dealing with on top of having these powers.

Five is the only one who has his shit somewhat together, but he is all a psychopath.

I think emo is the right way to describe them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Constantly making bad decisions & making things worse for everyone else. It would have been better had she tragically sacrificed herself to save the world (rectifying her own mistake) instead of the time-travel nonsense they could have redirected the entire focus of the show in S2.
I wonder what they do with the character now that whatshername is now whatshisname.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going for pitiable for all of the characters as they all have their own struggles that they are dealing with on top of having these powers.

Five is the only one who has his shit somewhat together, but he is all a psychopath.

I think emo is the right way to describe them.

yeah. I can’t relate to some of them.

five is just entertaining as all hell fir me.

Luther I just get. When they made the moon discovery, it was just heartbreaking

plus the chick he loves has married two different men (that Weren’t him) in two different timelines

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what they do with the character now that whatshername is now whatshisname.
I’d be done.

this show isn’t nearly good enough for me to put up with that bullshit

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be done.

whatever

won't bother me.

the show and character and weird enough that they should be able to do something with it without any issues

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. I can’t relate to some of them.

five is just entertaining as all hell fir me.

Luther I just get. When they made the moon discovery, it was just heartbreaking

plus the chick he loves has married two different men (that Weren’t him) in two different timelines
exactly.

and Clause lost the man he loved in the war when he time traveled.

I think the individual stories are kind of more interesting than the overall story being told...at least before the end of S2

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly.

and Clause lost the man he loved in the war when he time traveled.

I think the individual stories are kind of more interesting than the overall story being told...at least before the end of S2

completely agree with the last part. Having no context into what happened to everyone before coming back to the mansion both helps and hurts. Cause there’s no Origin and breakup story.

I think Allison’s story is that she got to be a star but I think she used her powers to get there, because she said in s2 this was the first thing she earned.

I’m sure what Diego’s story is except he’s just angry all the time and jealous of Luther’s role as the leader (problem is they de powered Luther ans made him a terrible leader, and I’m not even talking about how he handled Vanya trying to kill Allison, which at least made logical sense).

clouse’s is weird because it didn’t exist before s1 and then just came outta nowhere.

but them all ignoring the obvious rules of time travel was just brutal

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d be done.

What makes you guys think her personal choice would affect her character that’s she’s being paid to play?

Shouldn’t have any affect unless the writers make it a point to add that political/cultural message into her role. Doubt they would.

Reactions: gob

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you guys think her personal choice would affect her character that’s she’s being paid to play?

Shouldn’t have any affect unless the writers make it a point to add that political/cultural message into her role. Doubt they would.

not saying it would.

But if it did. The show just isn’t good enough for me to put up with such nonsense

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well she goes by Elliot now...it might be obvious that Vanya is a dude now.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree with the last part. Having no context into what happened to everyone before coming back to the mansion both helps and hurts. Cause there’s no Origin and breakup story.

I think Allison’s story is that she got to be a star but I think she used her powers to get there, because she said in s2 this was the first thing she earned.

I’m sure what Diego’s story is except he’s just angry all the time and jealous of Luther’s role as the leader (problem is they de powered Luther ans made him a terrible leader, and I’m not even talking about how he handled Vanya trying to kill Allison, which at least made logical sense).

clouse’s is weird because it didn’t exist before s1 and then just came outta nowhere.

but them all ignoring the obvious rules of time travel was just brutal
"rules of time travel"

dude...it's all fiction and there are no "rules"

anything you consider a "rule" is just theory.

Reactions: gob

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"rules of time travel"

dude...it's all fiction and there are no "rules"

anything you consider a "rule" is just theory.

not Changing history cause you’re bored seems pretty obvious to me

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not Changing history cause you’re bored seems pretty obvious to me
sorry that it upsets you.

maybe go read some Blake Crouch if you want there to be "rules"

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which ones?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m just saying it seems like common sense, especially if you’d expect to go back to your normal timeline

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just saying it seems like common sense, especially if you’d expect to go back to your normal timeline
I mean it depends on how detailed you want to get with what their time travel is going to affect.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it depends on how detailed you want to get with what their time travel is going to affect.

confronting “dad”

changing peoples destinies (like the woman and kid moving across the country)

trying to stop a famous presidential assassination

starting a brand new cult...

so many lives have been changed

what they need to explain is how he knew not to select any of them in the future when he didn’t know their real names.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet they did

Interesting article to show much else they botched in the name of wokeness