• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Umbrella Academy

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away my problems I mentioned earlier, this is kinda the way I thought they should have done the Suicide Squad movie. Make the first baddy an external baddy so when the Entrantress turns against the team, it has some emotional weight to it.

I am not a fan of some of the mechanics used in the show, but the general story was fine.

I am surprised they never mentioned any of the other kids that the Monocle was not able to adopt. If they all have powers, wouldn’t the other 130 (or however many) be wreaking havoc on the world without the proper training?

I thought the ending was trash. It made literally zero sense how they stopped her.

the shitty apocalyptic sister should’ve eaten up that sound and blew the entire universe to bits

the only character I really felt anything for was Luther. And the problem is....he was a shitty leader. He was right about the shitty sister but had no plans.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the finale...

i hate time travel re-writes. It is the laziest tool used by sci-fi writers. Paint yourself into a corner, then just rewind and do something different. The consequences in the story don’t mean anything. How can I get emotionally invested in a story if none of the actions truly have consequences?

i dont mind time travel rewrites assuming a show does it well... Did not understand the time travel rewrite in the middle of the season to wipe out a couple episodes... But what i hated the most is the lets save Alison, but Lets imprison and then kill #7... besides for alison, nobody wanted to save #7... Nobody even cared about her the whole show... sure, that was the point, but just bad writing to make it NOT HER FAULT...

i agree rewrites suck.

comparing saving the good sister to the shitty one who tried to kill them all is a bad comparison.

and they did care, she just never wanted to hear it. The entire series they tried and she kept rejecting them for a creepy weirdo

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because they didn’t know she had powers for 3/4 of the season?

It's been a while since I've watched this show. Took me a second to remember what we were talking about

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a while since I've watched this show. Took me a second to remember what we were talking about

sorry. I just discovered it thanks to Netflix Algo (which is normally awful for me lol).

show is ok. It’s a little weird. The heroes are all...almost too broken?

at least 2 episodes into s2.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry. I just discovered it thanks to Netflix Algo (which is normally awful for me lol).

I think them being broken is a big part of the story though. They are each trying to grow into what they are after being child stars who were being used by their "father"

and yea, it's weird. I like weird.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think them being broken is a big part of the story though. They are each trying to grow into what they are after being child stars who were being used by their "father"

and yea, it's weird. I like weird.

yeah, I agree with your premise.

but they’re almost too broken for me to care about any of them.

even Luther based on the start of s2.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah lately the Netflix Algo has been absolute trash for me. Can't find a damn thing on it anymore. Started watching "El Chema" which is apparently a Telenovela which makes me question my judgement.. It has a Pablo Escobar type esque figure about him... It's not bad, subtitles and women are pretty nice to look at

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah lately the Netflix Algo has been absolute trash for me. Can't find a damn thing on it anymore. Started watching "El Chem" which is apparently a Telenovela which makes me question my judgement.. It has a Pablo Escobar type esque figure about him... It's not bad, subtitles and women are pretty nice to look at

hot latinas and drug lord kingpins...sounds like a winner fir me, although my add ass struggles with subtitles

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hot latinas and drug lord kingpins...sounds like a winner fir me, although my add ass struggles with subtitles

Too me it is pretty soapoprahish though but not too too bad... Just you have to really pay attention since you have to read the subtitles

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m assuming Luther doesn’t have a good super power?

because he’s clearly not super strong since two regular dudes were able to beat him physically (hazel s1 and the fight guy s2). What is his ability?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on 2/10...vanya just sucks all the time.

such an ignorant and selfish piece of crap.

they’re the most wanted and they’re on the run and they need to stay...and then she just has to run to the farm?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m assuming Luther doesn’t have a good super power?

because he’s clearly not super strong since two regular dudes were able to beat him physically (hazel s1 and the fight guy s2). What is his ability?
The fight guy beat him, cause he let him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked s1 better than s2 but maybe that’s cause I hate time travel without a Delorean and these pricks ignored every single rule about time travel

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not excited about it, but I'll watch it eventually...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number Five is my favorite character. He's an arrogant prick, but at least he's humorous most of the time, and really one of the few characters that they haven't tried to make into an emo. His sequences with the Handler are always fun.

Klaus was fun for a while before he became an emotional wreck after the time travel. Diego could be more interesting but so far his arc is just meh. Luther could have been made into something so much cooler but they never really materialized his character.

Largely this show is just overwhelmingly 'lukewarm'. Very brief moments of excitement, lots of heavy-handed political subtext, diluted with continuous dry humor, and the occasional plot twist. If it wasn't for the humor I may have lost interest in season 1.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number Five is my favorite character. He's an arrogant prick, but at least he's humorous most of the time, and really one of the few characters that they haven't tried to make into an emo. His sequences with the Handler are always fun.

Klaus was fun for a while before he became an emotional wreck after the time travel. Diego could be more interesting but so far his arc is just meh. Luther could have been made into something so much cooler but they never really materialized his character.

Largely this show is just overwhelmingly 'lukewarm'. Very brief moments of excitement, lots of heavy-handed political subtext, diluted with continuous dry humor, and the occasional plot twist. If it wasn't for the humor I may have lost interest in season 1.

this is how I feel, except I really connect with Luther. they messed up on his powers though and it makee

five is super entertaining. Klous is in small doses

I think they do a very bad making you feel bad for vanya. Which i think they were trying to do.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how I feel, except I really connect with Luther. they messed up on his powers though and it makee

five is super entertaining. Klous is in small doses

I think they do a very bad making you feel bad for vanya. Which i think they were trying to do.
Vanya is a terrible character... Interesting story, but making her this all-powerful entity just didn't work for me. I could do without her altogether honestly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanya is a terrible character... Interesting story, but making her this all-powerful entity just didn't work for me. I could do without her altogether honestly.

agreed.
I guess you needed her to have that s2 story ever exist. But she’s also just dumb as rocks and doesn’t listen to anyone

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.
I guess you needed her to have that s2 story ever exist. But she’s also just dumb as rocks and doesn’t listen to anyone
Yep. Constantly making bad decisions & making things worse for everyone else. It would have been better had she tragically sacrificed herself to save the world (rectifying her own mistake) instead of the time-travel nonsense they could have redirected the entire focus of the show in S2.