• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The trading of Granger was the best thing to happen to Indy

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to change your username buddy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from the guy who was so excited about the return of granger this yr

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't necessarily disagree, but would be interested to know your top few reasons.

1. He has been kinda dead weight out there

2. Even though him and Paul George are best friends, that thing about who's team it was now kind of had me always wondering how Granger was taking it. He never complained or anything, but it still may have been affecting him. You never know.

3. You had to question his effectiveness once the Pacers met the Heat for the ECF this year. He may have gotten better and found his shot more by then, but not knowing if he could return to his old self was worrisome for me and I bet other Indy fans as well. I feel more confident challenging Miami with Turner in his spot right now.

4. His injuries. Was he not playing up to his former self because he was worried about getting injured again? Or, was he just not playing well because he wasn't allowed to get into a rhythm anymore, because of less playing time, a different role and less touches? What if he actually did get injured again? Then, although I like him, we would have to rely more on Chris Copeland to take his spot, and again, against the Heat, I would be a little concerned going that way.

There may be other reasons, and if I think of any I will post them.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is coming from the guy who was so excited about the return of granger this yr

Why wouldn't I be? He was a great player for Indy and we loved having him. Things changed though, regarding his game right now, and to be more confident to beat Miami, I believe Bird did the right thing and traded him for someone that will probably be a better fit for us.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Chemistry. The Pacers were playing better without him. They got used to playing without him for so long, you had to wonder if they were now better off with him no longer on the team. I love Danny, and I wish this wasn't true, but that's what I saw. Would they become even greater if or when he returned to his old self? That would be, to me, more of a gamble than trading him for Turner. Plus Turner is just more mobile than Granger and a better ball handler.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Chemistry. The Pacers were playing better without him. They got used to playing without him for so long, you had to wonder if they were now better off with him no longer on the team. I love Danny, and I wish this wasn't true, but that's what I saw. Would they become even greater if or when he returned to his old self? That would be, to me, more of a gamble than trading him for Turner. Plus Turner is just more mobile than Granger and a better ball handler.

I can't disagree with anything you said.

I do think Turner is a better insurance policy for you this year though then being a real difference maker baring all things being equal if/ when we meet in the ECF.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy with Granger in his name is off the Granger bandwagon. :scratch:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with anything you said.

I do think Turner is a better insurance policy for you this year though then being a real difference maker baring all things being equal if/ when we meet in the ECF.

I agree. We don't know yet, but I think Turner will fit in better for Indy than Granger did now. Plus, him being good friends with George already is good, and coming to this team knowing this is PG's team may work better than the whole possible uncomfortable feelings that may have been there regarding Granger and George both having been the man on the same team at one point. Granger and George were real close, but I just was always wondering that.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to start a thread about the granger trade when there is already one up. :doh:

no we got it Indy fans. Evan Turner has sub 43% shooting was the key piece. He is what was missing.. lose by 23 points to Miami in game 7... BEFORE EVAN TURNER!!! now, not so fast. Evan Turner coming off the bench would never allow that to happen. The heights he brought Philly to is now coming to Indy.. watch out Heat fans.. Evan Turner is in Indy!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird is the best thing to happen to the Pacers. The best thing to happen to Indy is probably not sports related...then again...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to start a thread about the granger trade when there is already one up. :doh:

no we got it Indy fans. Evan Turner has sub 43% shooting was the key piece. He is what was missing.. lose by 23 points to Miami in game 7... BEFORE EVAN TURNER!!! now, not so fast. Evan Turner coming off the bench would never allow that to happen. The heights he brought Philly to is now coming to Indy.. watch out Heat fans.. Evan Turner is in Indy!!!

43% with the Sixers, I'm assuming he'll get much better looks with the Pacers along with less pressure.