• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Strain

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this on Netflix?
I haven't seen it on there yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if season 1 pops up on there in the next couple weeks once season 2 gets going.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if you have some kind of on demand FX might put the first season on there to promote the second.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I prefer to binge-watch most series'. If they are great enough, or pique my personal interest enough, than I'll watch in real-time, but those are few and far. Either, I'll miss an episode or the premier or it loses my interest.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season: the first episodes had me ready to dump the show. I just found it cheesy and boring as they didn't move along the infestation fast enough. Glad I stuck with it, show gets pretty interesting.

Fav Characters: Exterminator dude, old man, the german vampire who is #2
Hate: mexican lady and her grandma, the little boy, Peter Russo's wife

The rockers c0ck falling off was halarious

2nd season.. they get the dude in sunlight but he doesn't die. Disappointing. The old man makes a deal with those vampire elders, interesting sub plot. We the elders awake and eat that hairless dude.. fuckedup man. The blonde chick will get banged by the end of this season count on it, probably from exterminator. I hope they don't drag out the story too much. Not excited the (now dead) wife plays are part in this season with those blind little bastards. As long as they keep the gore and killing up and in!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season: the first episodes had me ready to dump the show. I just found it cheesy and boring as they didn't move along the infestation fast enough. Glad I stuck with it, show gets pretty interesting.

Fav Characters: Exterminator dude, old man, the german vampire who is #2
Hate: mexican lady and her grandma, the little boy, Peter Russo's wife

The rockers c0ck falling off was halarious

2nd season.. they get the dude in sunlight but he doesn't die. Disappointing. The old man makes a deal with those vampire elders, interesting sub plot. We the elders awake and eat that hairless dude.. fuckedup man. The blonde chick will get banged by the end of this season count on it, probably from exterminator. I hope they don't drag out the story too much. Not excited the (now dead) wife plays are part in this season with those blind little bastards. As long as they keep the gore and killing up and in!
Caught up on latest episode, my prediction of the blonde chick didn't take long :lol:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season 2 premier sucked. God it was painfully slow. The gore and violence can only keep me interested for so long.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that little prick of a son should be allowed to roam at night and get sucked dry

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that little prick of a son should be allowed to roam at night and get sucked dry
How much do you think Kirkman is paying FX to have this kid on The Strain so TV Carl looks cooler?

:tinfoil3:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strain writer's room this year:

Writer #1: Oh man, did you see Game of Thrones? That little kid Ollie is such a piece of shit. I don't think any child on television could be more annoying.

Writer #2: Challenge accepted.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, all that build up with the Vampire Commandos and they get wiped out with some UV light in 20 seconds? WTF.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, all that build up with the Vampire Commandos and they get wiped out with some UV light in 20 seconds? WTF.
I dont think that was the whole group, was it? I got the sense that that was just a "strike team". However, this show is not one that I watch super-closely, so I may very well be mistaken.

If you are right, and that was the whole group, than yea. Weak...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strain writer's room this year:

Writer #1: Oh man, did you see Game of Thrones? That little kid Ollie is such a piece of shit. I don't think any child on television could be more annoying.

Writer #2: Challenge accepted.
Barney needs a job now that his life-plan has been completed. No wonder he went back to his artistic, right-brained self and became a writer...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think that was the whole group, was it? I got the sense that that was just a "strike team". However, this show is not one that I watch super-closely, so I may very well be mistaken.

If you are right, and that was the whole group, than yea. Weak...

I have no clue how many of them there are total, but I don't believe we've seen more than 5 or 6 of them at a time and of that five or six only the one guy ever said anything.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this on Netflix?
saw whole first season advertised on tv as on hulu now...

this show is definitely camp at times but enjoyable enough as a summer series. characters are more interesting than TWD in my opinion and everyone seems to be doing their own thing at times so the whole group mentality aspect has plenty of side stories too.

just caught up on the last two and was thinking after the first one wasnt the blonde gay in the first season?? nothing like arguing with your ex girlfriend's mother to make confused chicks want to fellate. and that strike team failure was funny. hell they couldnt even retreat or have a plan in case of uv light? almost seems like after forgeting them for most of the first seasons storyline that they decided to write them out altogether. who is going to feed the ancients now? :dhd: i will say some of the fx in this second season have looked great for a basic cable show.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are suposed to believe Mr. Booze Doctor can whip up a "cure" with his emotional wreck of a partner that he bangs?

Ahhh who cares just keep the gore and killing coming :)

also the old mans new "secretary/writer" is a babe

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are suposed to believe Mr. Booze Doctor can whip up a "cure" with his emotional wreck of a partner that he bangs?

Ahhh who cares just keep the gore and killing coming :)

also the old mans new "secretary/writer" is a babe
Yes, she is.

And is that old dude supposed to be the benefactor for the professor that we met in flashbacks? I wasnt sure if that was the inference we were supposed to get from that.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, she is.

And is that old dude supposed to be the benefactor for the professor that we met in flashbacks? I wasnt sure if that was the inference we were supposed to get from that.
Not sure.. im sure we'll figure that out by seasons end but I was wondering it myself