• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Strain

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no the whole episode was slow and that was suppose to be the big cliffhanger/episode ender...cheesy. I have watched a few more episodes off the dvr but i find this show more camp than drama/horror. Best scenes include the neighbor getting pushed into the shed and the medical examiner running amok in the streets.

It's a interesting mix of drama and horror. It's not like it's cliches so much, but a lot of the scenes feel like elaborate horror bits that setup like any movie. And of course with heavy doses of humans acting like morons to become easy bait for the horror bits.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be pissed when the old man dies.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to like the rat exterminator.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite its campiness it is still more entertaining than the walking dead. The characters are more likable. And showing the people dealing with the problem from the beginning rather than one guy waking up in a hospital to the aftermath is more satisfying a storyline IMO.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite its campiness it is still more entertaining than the walking dead. The characters are more likable. And showing the people dealing with the problem from the beginning rather than one guy waking up in a hospital to the aftermath is more satisfying a storyline IMO.

I have to agree.

I'm a huge vampire mark since way back when Chris Lee and Bela Lugosi scared the fuck out of me.

True Blood aside I try to watch all things vampire. Cannot stand True Blood.

The big bad head vampire in this is very cool. Almost as cool as the vampires in 30 Days of Night.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree.

I'm a huge vampire mark since way back when Chris Lee and Bela Lugosi scared the fuck out of me.

True Blood aside I try to watch all things vampire. Cannot stand True Blood.

The big bad head vampire in this is very cool. Almost as cool as the vampires in 30 Days of Night.

So you are Team Edward.

Good to know.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TWD, IMHO, is still the best show on TV. However, the development of the outbreak is the best part of a ZA, so TWD skipping that is an over-all negative. However, I think they did that to hammer home the concept that this was a completely different take on the ZA from anything that has ever been shown before.

I wonder if the new TWD show will take more time with the actual outbreak. To my knowledge, there have not been any leaks yet about anything for the new show. No idea about when it takes place, where it takes place or what the theme will be.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a TWD spinoff? Cause I really can't stand anyone on existing show. I'd rather the zombies win than see any of those losers live.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You love all things vamp (except for True Blood), so you must be a Twilight fan (and more specifically, a card-carrying member of Team Edward).

I'm so sheltered I barely know what Twilight is.....

And you can count on the fact I have not seen any of it.

Which is why Team Edward meant sweet Fanny Adams to me.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, a few episodes back in the female lawyer's house, a small band of "old school vampires"?? saved the housekeeper and the lawyer's kids and allowed them the leave since they were not infected. Has this been the only appearance of them????

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, a few episodes back in the female lawyer's house, a small band of "old school vampires"?? saved the housekeeper and the lawyer's kids and allowed them the leave since they were not infected. Has this been the only appearance of them????

Yes.

I believe we will being them again thus week. Personally, I think it is kinda weak to introduce something like that, then not mention it at all again for 4 episodes.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First season was good up until the end where it got a little silly. Doesn't seem like that trend is letting up anytime soon. But that also doesn't mean this show is necessarily bad, it's entertaining and better than the last few new dramas that have shown up on FX, but it's starting to suffer from some of the basic problems horror films/shows tend to have.

How many times are they going to wander into a dark building and then get jumped by vampires? It's not really surprising after the 10th time it happens.

Also you have to wonder why they didn't go grab the old guy's storage unit full of grenades and stuff before they attacked the master last season or why a school for the blind would have exclusively blind faculty.

Finally, I hope that kid dies. Little shit.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, I hope that kid dies. Little shit.

Me too. They replaced the actor playing the kid to get someone with "better range" and I found his scenes this week laughingly bad.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the first season. Tried reading the book, but it was ridiculously long and terribly written...