• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The stats on Syracuse's OOC Schedule

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO ok so in your mind.....

so one good solid reason from < the multiple BS reasons from you

too bad real debaters dont think that way

If one part of a statement is false, the statement is false. I don't need half a dozen reasons why your analogy is bad. Pick any one of them.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um where the fuck do you get your info & where the fuck did you get your reading comprehension from. in case you didnt notice i only cited #13 or higher and included the conference tournys. dont call me out for being wrong when you cite a different methodology

I got my info from ESPN of course. And I can't very well read something that you didn't write, you dumb bastard. Did you say that you included conference tourneys? No. Is there any good reason to include conference tourneys? No. So why the fuck would I assume that you included conference tourneys?

Also, nice cherry picking of your stats again. I used ranked teams, and top 10 teams, and top 5 teams, and you pulled 13 out of your ass because it made the numbers look better. I also didn't cherry pick the three best years to work from either.

So where the fuck did you get your numbers?

It looks to me like the discrepancies are from your mysterious inclusion of tournament games as well as different naming convention for the seasons. I've been using Season starting in 2009, you evidently switched to Season ending in 2009.

So switching over to your naming convention (I'm not going to use your goddamn arbitrary cherry picking chicken shit methodology though) MSU still stacks up fine. If you want me to cherry pick three years from Duke or Kansas or Ohio State or somebody else, I can do that for you too.

Syracuse's conference schedule is certainly good, but it isn't anything special compared to other teams.

But we aren't talking about conference schedules.. the topic here is NONCON schedules, and Syracuse's is crap compared to other top tier schools.

They don't play the same level of competition. They don't travel as often, or as far, and they don't play in as many hostile environments. By any reasonable measure you want, Syracuse's noncon schedule simply doesn't measure up to the other top tier programs.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say again. Do you really think Baylor is deserving of the #7 ranking in the country? You have seen them play, right?

Nova was a great win, I'll give you that. and Baylor was a good win too, just not a top 10 win and i think that will become painfully obvious by the end of the season

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say again. Do you really think Baylor is deserving of the #7 ranking in the country? You have seen them play, right?

Nova was a great win, I'll give you that. and Baylor was a good win too, just not a top 10 win and i think that will become painfully obvious by the end of the season

baylor is a 1-loss team with two wins over teams currently in the top 15.

how big of a dumbfuck are you?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my info from ESPN of course. And I can't very well read something that you didn't write, you dumb bastard. Did you say that you included conference tourneys? No. Is there any good reason to include conference tourneys? No. So why the fuck would I assume that you included conference tourneys?

Also, nice cherry picking of your stats again. I used ranked teams, and top 10 teams, and top 5 teams, and you pulled 13 out of your ass because it made the numbers look better. I also didn't cherry pick the three best years to work from either.

So where the fuck did you get your numbers?

It looks to me like the discrepancies are from your mysterious inclusion of tournament games as well as different naming convention for the seasons. I've been using Season starting in 2009, you evidently switched to Season ending in 2009.

So switching over to your naming convention (I'm not going to use your goddamn arbitrary cherry picking chicken shit methodology though) MSU still stacks up fine. If you want me to cherry pick three years from Duke or Kansas or Ohio State or somebody else, I can do that for you too.

Syracuse's conference schedule is certainly good, but it isn't anything special compared to other teams.

But we aren't talking about conference schedules.. the topic here is NONCON schedules, and Syracuse's is crap compared to other top tier schools.

They don't play the same level of competition. They don't travel as often, or as far, and they don't play in as many hostile environments. By any reasonable measure you want, Syracuse's noncon schedule simply doesn't measure up to the other top tier programs.

but it is a fact...........
:laugh3::yahoo::laugh3::yahoo::laugh3:

(see what i did there)

and fyi it was a c/p from a pervious post between us. you should of known.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one part of a statement is false, the statement is false. I don't need half a dozen reasons why your analogy is bad. Pick any one of them.

but all your reasons are crap.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter as much as some people claim... but it does matter.

um no it doesnt matter at all. there is nothing special about crossing a state line. why should a 5 hr trip by SU not count but a 2 hr drive by UK does?

Decent for Scranton Community College. It's crap by top-tier program standards.

this is where the stupidity comes into play. does syracuse NOT have multiple ranked teams and/or tourny teams in their OOC each year? this is where the exaggeration and bulshit come into play. if our ooc was as bad as you claim then how the fuck do we manage to be so in in the sos rankings each year.

That's a different conversation entirely, and to the best of my knowledge, no one here is disagreeing with that point.

then why do you continue to bash syracuse's OOC so much. and i know what our response to this will be so lemme just beat ya to the punch: a black guy walks up to a bouncer at a bar and doesnt let him in.....

the guy asks: why
the bouncer says: we prefer to have people wear X amount of bracelets on their arms. because of that I can't let you in
the guy says: but i have enough bracelets
the bouncer says: yes you do, but not enough on your left arm
the guy says: but i have enough bracelets
the bouncer says: do you deny that you don't have an abundance of bracelets on your left arm?
the guy says: why does it matter, I still have as many bracelets as the other people in the club
the bouncer says: again, do you deny that you don't have an abundance of bracelets on your left arm?
the guy says: so why won't you let me in the club?
the bouncer says: because you don't have enough bracelets on your left arm
the guy says: is there a specific rule that says I must have X amount of bracelets on my left arm
the bouncer says: you don't have enough bracelets on your left arm

that pretty much sums up the stupidity of those bashing SU's OOC

Well, not really. Pointing out that Syracuse has a crap OOC schedule is just an observation. Haters would be pointing to things like Syracuse's nearly unrivaled ability to shit the bed in the NCAA tournament, and Jim Boeheim's track record for getting past the Sweet 16. They might also point out that the crap OOC schedule is part of the reason he's so high on the all time win's list.

translation: its just an observation. doesn't matter if its 100% BS ==> its just an observation and not a troll.

ok then you don't mind me saying that you are racist because you think black people should be denied from a bar because they are black. but hey......its just an observation not a troll.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um no it doesnt matter at all. there is nothing special about crossing a state line. why should a 5 hr trip by SU not count but a 2 hr drive by UK does?

Distance is only one aspect of travel. The crowd advantage is still tremendous in-state for major programs. If UK plays anywhere in Kentucky they're still going to have a disticnt crowd advantage over any out of state opponent. If MSU plays anywhere inside Michigan the're still going to have a distinct advantage over any other out of state opponent. If Duke or UNC play anywhere inside North Carolina, the're going to have a distinct advantage over any out of state opponent. Oh yeah, I almost forgot Syracuse... If they play anywhere in New York, they're going to have a distinct advantage over any out of state opponent.

So state lines absolutely do matter. And while not as accurate as looking at actual miles traveled, it is still a good indicator of how much a team has really traveled. And while teams like UK didn't travel farther to Bloomington (178mi 3hours) than Syracuse traveled to NYC (246mi and FOUR hours not the five you keep claiming) they did travel a shitpile farther when they went to places like NYC (704 miles, 10 hrs) Portland (2377mi, 34hrs) or Chapel Hill (460mi, 7hr) or Houston (990mi, 15hrs)

this is where the stupidity comes into play. does syracuse NOT have multiple ranked teams and/or tourny teams in their OOC each year? this is where the exaggeration and bulshit come into play. if our ooc was as bad as you claim then how the fuck do we manage to be so in in the sos rankings each year.

Well for starters your noncon SOS is typically shit most years. If you're talking about your overall SOS then it's because you generally play a pretty good conference lineup. As stated before, I don't think anyone ever denied that.

I've already listed the ranked teams they Cuse played in their noncon schedule over the previous ten seasons. That included 3 seasons with 0 ranked opponents in their noncon schedule and 3 more seasons with only 1 ranked opponent in their noncon schedule. So far that's 6 seasons (out of 10) without playing multiple ranked teams. If you want to bring tournament teams into the mix, knock yourself out, but I'm not doing your work for you. If you want to claim tournament teams, you're going to have to provide proof. (and just to be clear, we're talking the NCAA tournament, not the NIT or CBI... and try and make it the tournament from the same season. I know how you love to point out that they were in the tournament the year before)

then why do you continue to bash syracuse's OOC so much.

Because you continue to deny its crappiness. Sure, you've also made a few attempts to point out that it doesn't matter, but you also continue to deny that it's crappy. If you don't think it matters, then why continue to deny it? Just admit it and move on.

Might I remind you that YOU brought it up and YOU said it was bullshit. I was just clarifying that while not a huge indictment on the program many of the accusations were in fact true (so not entirely bullshit) You opened the door big guy. I just walked in.

but all your reasons are crap.
I actually stated why your example falls short, and why the QBR example is better. You never addressed any of the points I made other than to say they are crap. Until you can provide some rational explanation as to why they are crap, they still stand.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baylor is a 1-loss team with two wins over teams currently in the top 15.

how big of a dumbfuck are you?

ya they looked awesome tonight. I must really be dumb.

You probably think that Pitt should be in the top 10 too, since they are a 1-loss team.

Also who is the second team in the top 15 that baylor beat besides Kentucky? Is that Northwestern St team they had to beat in overtime on their home floor in the top 15?

I am starting to see why you are really bad at arguing about Syracuse....and that is that you don't understand the game of basketball

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya they looked awesome tonight. I must really be dumb.

You probably think that Pitt should be in the top 10 too, since they are a 1-loss team.

Also who is the second team in the top 15 that baylor beat besides Kentucky? Is that Northwestern St team they had to beat in overtime on their home floor in the top 15?

I am starting to see why you are really bad at arguing about Syracuse....and that is that you don't understand the game of basketball

they beat colorado & kentucky. before the game today ==> it is impossible to say they were undeserving of their rank.

colorado is #15 genius.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they beat colorado & kentucky. before the game today ==> it is impossible to say they were undeserving of their rank.

colorado is #15 genius.

fine i was wrong about the top 15 thing. but i wasn't wrong about baylor. They aren't a great team. If you have watched them play (and have any basketball knowledge) you would know that

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine i was wrong about the top 15 thing. but i wasn't wrong about baylor. They aren't a great team. If you have watched them play (and have any basketball knowledge) you would know that

i see a double standard here. you can use your same comments about baylor to say arizona is not that good either. but anyways yes baylor is by no means in the top tier this year. but at the time of our discussion they were deserving of their rankings.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see a double standard here. you can use your same comments about baylor to say arizona is not that good either. but anyways yes baylor is by no means in the top tier this year. but at the time of our discussion they were deserving of their rankings.

How so? We played like shit for 20 minutes against Drexel then completely dominated from there? That's literally the only game that could even compare, HOWEVER Drexel is much better than Northwestern St and that game was at MSG, about 200 miles from philly (a complete guess, it's probably closer) and 3500 miles from tucson

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? We played like shit for 20 minutes against Drexel then completely dominated from there? That's literally the only game that could even compare, HOWEVER Drexel is much better than Northwestern St and that game was at MSG, about 200 miles from philly (a complete guess, it's probably closer) and 3500 miles from tucson

Silly Zona fan. Don't you know anything? The distances traveled don't mean anything. Just ask Johnny Boy who will tell you that Syracuse traveling to MSG is just like KY playing in Chapel Hill or Michigan State playing in Austin. Evidently the trip from Syracuse to NYC requires a plane trip with two layovers, a bus ride, a ferry, a helicopter and a zip line. It's fraught with peril, and takes at least 17 hours to complete. (and that's the easy way. The only other way involves circumnavigating the globe, and crossing the international date line, which unfortunately makes the trip take an infinite amount of time) Then once they arrive, they are greeted by 20,000 hostile visiting fans who are cursing and throwing beer bottles at the Syracuse players.

Truly, no team has a harder game to play than Syracuse at MSG. The good news for them is that they've never been forced to play in the Barclay's Center. If that were to happen, the whole Syracuse team might just die from exhaustion (if not beaten to death by hostile fans)

Sure Goggle says it's only 246 miles, but at least two thirds of the journey looks like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBmRr7h7Fw]White Water Summer (1987) - YouTube[/ame]

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have you forgotten the michigan game?

oh how your quality wins are pretty much on par with the quality wins of baylor

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolly. duke & syracuse going to msg is the exact same thing. both have to get a hotel, both have to spend 5+ hrs on a bus/plane. both draw large crowds while there

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolly. duke & syracuse going to msg is the exact same thing. both have to get a hotel, both have to spend 5+ hrs on a bus/plane. both draw large crowds while there

Duke also plays at other venues.
UK also plays at oter venues
UNC also plays at other venues
MSU also plays at other venues
OSU also plays at other venues
KU also plays at other venues.

Syracuse doesn't at least not often.

So, while you continue to cherry pick you're examples, I'm still comparing entire noncon schedules.

Syracuse's simply doesn't stack up with other top-tier programs.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolly. duke & syracuse going to msg is the exact same thing.

Distance from Syracuse to NYC: 246.3mi 3h:55m

Distance from Raleigh to NYC: 488.3mi 7h:47h

Since when is nearly twice as far, and twice as long "the exact same thing"???

Do these distances matter or not? Earlier you were complaining (and LYING! :omg: I just totally busted you in an insane lie!!!) about how far Syracuse had to travel to MSG now you're acting like the distance makes no difference. Before state lines meant nothing becasue Cuse had to go so far to play in MSG, and now Duke isn't getting any credit all all for braving the snakes and scorpions and alligators just to play in MSG?

What's with the double standard?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke also plays at other venues.
UK also plays at oter venues
UNC also plays at other venues
MSU also plays at other venues
OSU also plays at other venues
KU also plays at other venues.

Syracuse doesn't at least not often.

So, while you continue to cherry pick you're examples, I'm still comparing entire noncon schedules.

Syracuse's simply doesn't stack up with other top-tier programs.

keep hatin bro.

our SOS is fine every year. our ooc is decent every year

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Distance from Syracuse to NYC: 246.3mi 3h:55m

Distance from Raleigh to NYC: 488.3mi 7h:47h

Since when is nearly twice as far, and twice as long "the exact same thing"???

Do these distances matter or not? Earlier you were complaining (and LYING! :omg: I just totally busted you in an insane lie!!!) about how far Syracuse had to travel to MSG now you're acting like the distance makes no difference. Before state lines meant nothing becasue Cuse had to go so far to play in MSG, and now Duke isn't getting any credit all all for braving the snakes and scorpions and alligators just to play in MSG?

What's with the double standard?

did you miss me say bus/plane

jeez talk about jerk stupid:lol: