• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SPURS were better than any team MJ or Kobe beat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point Horns was trying to make is the 2014 Spurs are a damn good team and the focus should be on that...not the mockery that we see of Lebron or the finger pointing and labeling of how bad the Heat team was.

But if you truly want to compare the 2014 Spurs you should compare them with teams that have won the title not runner ups

I agree that the focus should be on the Spurs, but the Heat were supposed to be the "Superteam". It's no different for the Heat than it was for the 2004 Lakers. No one talked about how well the Pistons played, it was all about how bad the Lakers played.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread is conjecture just like comparing players from different eras. All we know is the 2014 Spurs were the best team in the NBA this season. Hands down!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the focus should be on the Spurs, but the Heat were supposed to be the "Superteam". It's no different for the Heat than it was for the 2004 Lakers. No one talked about how well the Pistons played, it was all about how bad the Lakers played.

The pistons played a phenomenal series. Ben Wallace was a man among boys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what criticism/blame coming from people he doesn't give a damn about has to do with the fact that the criticism and blame will fall on him as the best player. Or what the moves Riley may feel free to make has to do with it.:noidea: The comment was about Lebron being blamed.

The criticism of Kobe, Manning, etc. didn't come from anyone that they gave a damn about either, but it doesn't change the fact that it just happens that way.

I get what you're saying, but who/what/ where is the criticism?

I've only seen people accurately saying Riley needs to retool.

When the Mavs won, yes...James was being lambasted.

I haven't seen that this go round.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to haters Lebron has to average 40 ppg 10 reb 10 ast, bat .380, throw 5 tds, and score the winning goal in the 86th min for the US national team for them to stop complaining

Not nearly enough, not even close. Don't forget that he must also win Wimbeldon, the U.S. Open and beat Usain Bolt in a race.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, but who/what/ where is the criticism?

I've only seen people accurately saying Riley needs to retool.

When the Mavs won, yes...James was being lambasted.

I haven't seen that this go round.

It's definitely not as bad as it was vs. the Mavs, but it's there. The focus, as of now anyway, is more on whether or not he or any of the big 3 will opt out/where will Lebron go.

Mixed in with the "Riley needs to re-tool" is a bit of "How much help does Lebron need?"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nearly enough, not even close. Don't forget that he must also win Wimbeldon, the U.S. Open and beat Usain Bolt in a race.

Bolt was at game 4.
The man was cordial to everyone and anyone......when he could have easily just ran away...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to haters Lebron has to average 40 ppg 10 reb 10 ast, bat .380, throw 5 tds, and score the winning goal in the 86th min for the US national team for them to stop complaining

And LBJ dick jockeys need to quit proclaiming him the greatest to ever lace up a pair of high tops before his career is over and admit when the guy does play below expectations or makes a horrible PR gaff...

Fair deal?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said anything about the 2000-02 Lakers.
I never discussed any of the champions. I discussed their opponents they beat.

That would be the 2000 Pacers, 2001 Sixers, and 2002 Nets.

If you want to tell me how those teams were better than the 2014 Spurs, I will listen to solid arguments.

I cant believe this thread is for real. wholly shit.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean are you seriously starting a thread about how a winning team is better then a losing team? I mean do you not care about your credibility at all? WTF who does this? I have never seen someone attempt such a ridiculous argument. I mean seriously?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those Pistons were a damn good team back then. That year they only gave up 84 ppg. I get what you mean. Back in 04 I thought the Pistons deserved more credit and focus too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acknowledge the Spurs - Yes.
Give the Heat a pass - No.

I'm doing both. Plus there are a lot of us who seriously doubt the Heat could have even made it out of the West, excluding the Spurs.

OKC, Clippers, Portland, etc... could have given the Heat a run for their money.

Yes, because Miami has already proven that they could beat OKC as they've done in the 2012 Finals. Brooks has shown nothing as a coach to prove that he would change his strategy up. The Thunder are comprised of Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka - that's it.

The Clippers. Of the teams you've listed, the Clippers might be the only team of the bunch that can make Miami work in 6 games, but the Heat would've likely won. Who knows?

The Trailblazers are a very youthful team with a bright future. The Trailblazers were happy to just be in the playoffs this year.

The one team that could beat Miami this season was the Spurs. Lakers fans were all convinced that the Nets and Pacers were going to dethrone the Heat. You don't like the Heat, that's fine, you're well entitled to your opinion. But your judgement is clearly clouded.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get carried away, because the Spurs have lost only in one finals ever and in the Western Conference finals, only the Lakers and Mavericks have beaten them. There are very few teams that have been able to beat them, but the Lakers was one of those teams.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get carried away, because the Spurs have lost only in one finals ever and in the Western Conference finals, only the Lakers and Mavericks have beaten them. There are very few teams that have been able to beat them, but the Lakers was one of those teams.

Cool story bro

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acknowledge the Spurs - Yes.
Give the Heat a pass - No.

I'm doing both. Plus there are a lot of us who seriously doubt the Heat could have even made it out of the West, excluding the Spurs.

OKC, Clippers, Portland, etc... could have given the Heat a run for their money.

Mavs played the Spurs as good as any other team in the playoffs, may not have beaten the heat if they had been in the west, but you can't discount what Carlisle can do as a coach and I think the Mavs could have beat the heat in a series as well

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Pistons were a damn good team back then. That year they only gave up 84 ppg. I get what you mean. Back in 04 I thought the Pistons deserved more credit and focus too.

They convincingly beat a team with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone on it without a superstar of their own. That's 4 Hall of Fame players against a team that likely featured 0. They deserve a ton of credit for playing as a team that year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They convincingly beat a team with Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone on it without a superstar of their own. That's 4 Hall of Fame players against a team that likely featured 0. They deserve a ton of credit for playing as a team that year.

Payton was way over the hill by then, Malone was injured for the finals and Shaq and Kobe hated each other more than Dwight and Kobe.

Don't get me wrong, the Pistons deserved that series but a lot of people seem to think the Lakers were some sort of super-team.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami would have beaten the Thunder. They have their number.
Lebron is a great man defender who can simply shut down the other team's best player.
Against an obvious star player, Miami is incredibly well positioned to win.

Shutting down Durant cripples the Thunder. He is the clear A+ alpha dog.
Shutting down Tony Parker doesn't hurt SA as much. They play 10 dudes with all being sort of important.

That singular impressive Lebron skill is almost wasted on a team like SA.
It becomes a lethal asset on a team like OKC.

Miami beats the THUNDER in 5 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The premise of this thread doesn't really make sense and is stretching it. So a champion is better than a runner up from years and years past? What does that even mean? Who the fuck cares. Seriously, Horns, you're better than this.

:agree: I never got his point either, but after reading a few more of his posts he's reaching...trying to put SA on another level.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better debate would of been how does this Spurs team rank against previous Finals champions