• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Shane Lyon's plan is working!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia is losing one of its top recruiters on the day after National Signing Day.

Running backs coach JaJuan Seider, a former Mountaineers quarterback and graduate assistant and a full-time assistant since 2013, is leaving to take a job with the University of Florida, sources told the Gazette-Mail on Thursday. Seider was making $340,000 a year on a contract that covered him through the 2017 season.

And here we go! Dana will be down to the only coach on the team by I would say...oh maybe April....

What a FUCKING JOKE!!

:trash::trash::sneeze::sneeze:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Shane's plan? I laughed when I saw him quoted on the day Dana's extension was announced... "My job is to make sure my coach's have success."

If that is your job, I'd appreciate you doing it sometime soon.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Crook left for Cincy, he was 1 of 6 coaches up for contract renewal. He almost doubled his salary, as did Lonnie, by moving. Brian Mitchell was the only one who took a pay cut. It's not Lyin' Shane Lyons fault that the trend in college football coaches contracts were going to a year by year contract. Wasn't there somebody on this board who agreed that coaches should be on a yearly contract just like he is? And all he has to do is show up to work.

FWIW

USA TODAY Sports

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women's soccer just played in the championship game, rifle is ranked #2 and is on a four year streak of winning the NCAA championship, basketball is top 10, #1 is Sagarin ratings, I think the football issues are with our HC, not our AD........with the turnover of asst coaches, MAYBE your man crush is an asshole to work for.....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women's soccer just played in the championship game, rifle is ranked #2 and is on a four year streak of winning the NCAA championship, basketball is top 10, #1 is Sagarin ratings, I think the football issues are with our HC, not our AD........with the turnover of asst coaches, MAYBE your man crush is an asshole to work for.....

Again!..the Basketball Assistant Coaches are not on one year contracts...................

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again!..the Basketball Assistant Coaches are not on one year contracts...................
Plus, football assistant coaches are looking for that offense or defense coordinator slot. By Dana bringing in Jake Spavital back as the OC, Crook and Sieder probably either looked for another path to become an OC or went for a better contract/money. Or both.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, football assistant coaches are looking for that offense or defense coordinator slot. By Dana bringing in Jake Spavital back as the OC, Crook and Sieder probably either looked for another path to become an OC or went for a better contract/money. Or both.

It's possible...not really knowing the trade I guess it could go two ways...you make a good salary and you don't want to uproot your family unless its an opportunity you can't pass up...or you make a move to build the resume..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coach be gone. See you Coach Adams.

From WVU to USF. My oh my...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor are the football assts........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken from an article back on 8/12/16, before the season started.

Lyons won’t tackle Holgorsen’s contract until offseason

Despite West Virginia being picked seventh in the league, Lyons sounded upbeat as the Sept. 3 opener against Missouri looms.

“I feel very good about this football team,” he said. “I’ve been out to practice and I like the energy that’s out there.”

We can vouch for the energy, which every program should be exhibiting this time of year. Check back in December to see if there’s momentum to restart extension talks.

More from the AD’s briefing:

The long and short of assistants’ contracts: “I’m going to look at each coach differently in the sense of their experiences. If you’re very young into the field, you could only have the one-year contract. If you’re a more seasoned individual you could have the multi-year contract.”

Lyons is proving to be a tougher negotiator than predecessor Oliver Luck, who frequently granted contract terms that were above market value.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Crook left for Cincy, he was 1 of 6 coaches up for contract renewal. He almost doubled his salary, as did Lonnie, by moving. Brian Mitchell was the only one who took a pay cut. It's not Lyin' Shane Lyons fault that the trend in college football coaches contracts were going to a year by year contract. Wasn't there somebody on this board who agreed that coaches should be on a yearly contract just like he is? And all he has to do is show up to work.

FWIW

USA TODAY Sports

That story really opened up my eyes. We are paying AAC money for assistants. Shane needs to pony up the cash.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people on this board want their cake and eat it too. Gotta pay to play with the big boys. For those Luck hating, home discount wanting members of this board, it is one thing to be frugal but Lyin' Shane Lyons has hurt this staff. If Dana is an asshole to work for/with, then he will get assistant coaches who don't mind his style or run out of assistant coaches to bring to the program. Funny how we instantly say the revolving door of assistant coaches is due to Dana being an asshole. Maybe he is. When 2 coaches leave your program to schools, 1 on par, the other I consider less than WVU, and double their salaries, well boys, it ain't all Dana.

Luck overpaid in an effort to stop the stepping stone coaching staff that we have become used to. He signed Huggins an interesting contract, if anybody reads it, and attempted to have an upcoming OC establish roots in Morgantown and transition us into the Big 12. We are not Texas, who can fire a respected HC before his contract before it runs out, and plug in another highly sought coach. WVU is not in a state that is a supply line for D-1 football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad... I know you provided a link to assistant coach salaries, but is there a link for Crooks salary at Cincy?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people on this board want their cake and eat it too. Gotta pay to play with the big boys. For those Luck hating, home discount wanting members of this board, it is one thing to be frugal but Lyin' Shane Lyons has hurt this staff. If Dana is an asshole to work for/with, then he will get assistant coaches who don't mind his style or run out of assistant coaches to bring to the program. Funny how we instantly say the revolving door of assistant coaches is due to Dana being an asshole. Maybe he is. When 2 coaches leave your program to schools, 1 on par, the other I consider less than WVU, and double their salaries, well boys, it ain't all Dana.

Luck overpaid in an effort to stop the stepping stone coaching staff that we have become used to. He signed Huggins an interesting contract, if anybody reads it, and attempted to have an upcoming OC establish roots in Morgantown and transition us into the Big 12. We are not Texas, who can fire a respected HC before his contract before it runs out, and plug in another highly sought coach. WVU is not in a state that is a supply line for D-1 football.

Say Dana was hard to work for which would be surprising..can't be any worse than Saban, Harbaugh or some of the other prima dona's out there...but usually those are the coaches that you learn from...I think Luck paid as you alluded to getting some stability in the staff so they WOULD be here for more than one year...Lyon's has created a stepping stone environment once again..tell me isn't this one of the benefits of being in a power 5 conference so your not crying poor mouth like the old days in the Big East?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAAAAND.........another....

After one season on the staff, West Virginia cornerbacks coach Blue Adams is leaving to take a position at USF, sources told the Gazette-Mail on Sunday. He’s the third assistant coach to leave the team this offseason and the second in three days. -

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say Dana was hard to work for which would be surprising..can't be any worse than Saban, Harbaugh or some of the other prima dona's out there...but usually those are the coaches that you learn from...I think Luck paid as you alluded to getting some stability in the staff so they WOULD be here for more than one year...Lyon's has created a stepping stone environment once again..tell me isn't this one of the benefits of being in a power 5 conference so your not crying poor mouth like the old days in the Big East?
It used to be. After the Bowl victories over Georgia and Oklahoma, I recalled some of the posters on CBS, some lurking on here, anointed WVU as being elite and relative to the college football landscape. The Beast of the Big East. Boned Slappy (Slurpy) and King used to bash us. Although I didn't feel we were "elite" nor a mover and shaker in the college football landscape, I thought our program was making a blip on the radar. This was before the Big East really turned to shit. I hated the way Slappy and King tortured us. Hated it. But they were right in most cases.