• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The season of the flag

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think back on this season after next week this may just be what we should call it......I do not remember a season where penalty calls stood out to me as much as this season. But the worst things about these calls is most of them were not the correct call. Penalties happen in games, but it sure does hurt more when you look back and see that it was just a bad call.

Bama-late hit on a critical third down

Oklahoma-Facemask called on White on a critical conversion

TCU- Trickett gets his head ripped off....they missed one for TCU during that game as well, but who knows what the score would have been at that point with this call.

K State- PI on us early, OPI right before flood gates opened.

Not such a homer to think any of these one penalties not called would have guaranteed us a win, but I just do not remember this many bad calls in critical parts of the game going against us.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There indeed have been a lot of bad calls this year, but I don't think I can say that there was malice toward one team or the other. I'd just as soon they did away with replay, as they get it wrong more often than not.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is very ironic, I just took an eye test this morning at the Dr. And passed but struggled. My imidiate response to the Doc was " the good news is, I can still be a Big12 official if I want"... He liked it.

:lol:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst I've seen Big XII officials. I've had few complaints our first two years, but they've stunk up the place this year. They've been so bad that I've wondered if they were once Big East crews...

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those old BE refs had to get work somewhere, right? :suds:

But seriously, the Baylor game has to take the cake. There were stretches in that game where flags were thrown on 4 or 5 consecutive plays. While many of the flags were warranted, some of them were petty and the teams should have been allowed to play the game.