• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seahawks actually had no chance last night because God was a Packer fan last night

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is an elite QB, and may be a nice guy, but I'm not sure why he feels provoked to publicly mock Russell Wilson's faith like he does.
Because it's idiotic for someone to say God helped them win a football game. It's just plain stupid. If there is a God don't you think he'd be more concerned with other shit?

"I don’t think God cares a whole lot about the outcome. He cares about the people involved, but I don’t think he’s a big football fan." - Aaron Rodgers

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a hilarious jab by Rodgers. When athletes that say "God was on their side" or "God was watching over us tonight" it's beyond retarded.

Russ thanks God for his life and for his opportunities.... I don't think it's about God choosing a side...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the point here, I agree with Rodgers. Bob Saget doesn't care about the outcome of these kinds of games and to imply he does is foolish.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's idiotic for someone to say God helped them win a football game. It's just plain stupid. If there is a God don't you think he'd be more concerned with other shit?

"I don’t think God cares a whole lot about the outcome. He cares about the people involved, but I don’t think he’s a big football fan." - Aaron Rodgers
I think that Wilson thanks God for having the skills, circumstances, and clarity of perspective that helps him to ply football at a high level. I'm not sure that people only picking up accounts through the media actually understand where Wilson is coming from. Then again, I don't know the guy personally-- maybe he does believe that God controls the outcome of football games. Shrug.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I thought maybe you read Roethlisbergers new book: How to romance women and Score!
Like that scene in 'a bronx tale' when chaz palmenteri locks the bar door as the bikers are smashing shit up.

"Now yous cant leave"

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a large bottle of recovery water after reading this thread. :pound:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has a good memory and always carries a grudge it is best to not piss him off. He just had to get a dig in at Wilson.

Aaron Rodgers took a dig at Russell Wilson's God comments after Packers win

Since football players started thanking God after football games, there have been others to say that God doesn't care who wins or loses a football game.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers joined the chorus last January. Russell Wilson told The MMQB's Peter King after the Seattle Seahawks' NFC championship game victory over Rodgers and the Packers, "That’s God setting it up, to make it so dramatic, so rewarding, so special." Wilson also thanked God while he was crying on the field during a postgame interview on Fox.

"I don’t think God cares a whole lot about the outcome," Rodgers said days later in an interview with ESPN Wisconsin's Jason Wilde. "He cares about the people involved, but I don’t think he’s a big football fan."

Rodgers, who isn't known for thanking God after games, is a smart guy and he also seems to carry grudges. So he seemed to have a pretty sly crack for Wilson teed up and ready to go after the Packers beat the Seahawks on Sunday night.

"And then getting help from God," Rodgers said. "I think God was a Packers fan tonight."

Maybe Rodgers, in the last eight months, changed his mind and decided that God cared about NFL outcomes. Most likely, it was a subtle comment directed towards the losing quarterback.
God had nothing to do with the game last night, the Packers just played better and deserved to win.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson's stating his beliefs. I think it's silly to think that a god would give a crap about football. Rodgers decided to make a sly remark like the surly cocky ass he is. They can all say whatever the hell they want to when the mic is in their face but I think his remarks are just as douchey as thanking god.

I'd have real respect for a QB that thanked Satan for the win and that things started turning around when he sold his soul in college.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Hawks fan questioning the character of an opposing player?

Oh the irony........

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay beat Seattle and it's all good... but Aaron Rodgers is a douche... sorry. I like the Packers, Cobb/Nelson/Lacy/Bulaga/Mathews are BEAST, but Rodgers is such a whiny bitch. That guy is the first to complain, the guy always in the headlines complaining... good lord. Whatever. Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs to play the game, but holy lord that guy is the definition of a bitch.

That guy is also the first guy interviewed and is always being hounded by the media for soundbites. Then, get this, the one time he declines to comment (when he was supporting the Wisconsin Badgers basketball team in the Final Four) he gets vilified as a bigger douche. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Seriously, I can't think of one thing he's said or done, that other NFL QBs wouldn't react the same way on. If Beastmode went down for the season in a preseason game, you think Wilson would just say "Shit happens"?

I realize you can't please everyone, but I believe you don't like Rodgers, not for Rodgers, but for the media practically reporting his every bowel movement.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's stating his beliefs. I think it's silly to think that a god would give a crap about football. Rodgers decided to make a sly remark like the surly cocky ass he is. They can all say whatever the hell they want to when the mic is in their face but I think his remarks are just as douchey as thanking god.

I'd have real respect for a QB that thanked Satan for the win and that things started turning around when he sold his soul in college.

So do you think Russell Wilson is as big a douche as Rodgers because he credits God so much?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is an elite QB, and may be a nice guy, but I'm not sure why he feels provoked to publicly mock Russell Wilson's faith like he does.

I dont think he is mocking Wilsons faith at all. Rodgers has faith as well
God had nothing to do with the game last night, the Packers just played better and deserved to win.

I fully understand and agree but there is a much deeper story here that goes back to last years NFC Championship game and Rodgers was sending smack back at Wilson because God helped the Seahawks win that game last season

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ thanks God for his life and for his opportunities.... I don't think it's about God choosing a side...
I think that Wilson thanks God for having the skills, circumstances, and clarity of perspective that helps him to ply football at a high level. I'm not sure that people only picking up accounts through the media actually understand where Wilson is coming from. Then again, I don't know the guy personally-- maybe he does believe that God controls the outcome of football games. Shrug.

Personally, I wish they'd keep those sort of secrets to themselves. It's not quite as bad as having a JoHo hit squad at your front door on a Saturday morning, but almost as irritating.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he is mocking Wilsons faith at all. Rodgers has faith as well

I fully understand and agree but there is a much deeper story here that goes back to last years NFC Championship game and Rodgers was sending smack back at Wilson because God helped the Seahawks win that game last season
That was last year, this is a new season!!!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I wish they'd keep those sort of secrets top themselves. It's not quite as bad as having a JoHo hit squad at your front door on a Saturday morning, but almost as irritating.

I agree and some comments in the media that I have seen are saying that some athletes try to use the God/Religious aspect to make themselves look better to the fan base when in fact the feelings or beliefs they express may not be as genuine as they make them seem to be.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last year, this is a new season!!!

Oh ok so last year God was a Seahawk fan as Wilson said? If so he should have helped them win last night unless he became a Packers fan as Rodgers noted last night. Cant God be a Seahawk fan 2 years in a row? Can his allegiance change?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok so last year God was a Seahawk fan as Wilson said? If so he should have helped them win last night unless he became a Packers fan as Rodgers noted last night. Cant God be a Seahawk fan 2 years in a row? Can his allegiance change?

How about he forgets completely about sports and such and focuses on keeping a bunch of Syrians in their own country or things along that line?

I'm pretty sure he's supposedly the same deity for both sides.