• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sacramento Kings are the model

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sacramento Kings are the future model of what NBA teams are going to look like. That is, a soccer club on hardwood.

Maybe it is because I haven't seen a Kings game in awhile, but nothing about what I saw last night looked like the Sacramento Kings. Their layout, look, and color of their court did not match the Kings. Their uniforms didn't match the Kings.

What was it? Advertisement. Their jerseys looked like soccer jerseys, their court was covered with ads. So ridiculous. The NBA is selling out tradition for a few extra million. Do they really need that much more? Is it really worth it?

I think since the NBA is letting teams use about 40 different uniforms for each team, and first allowing the little patch ad on the shoulders, it is NBA's slow movement to making NBA uniforms look just like soccer and WNBA. In a year or two each team will be full on running advertisements and we won't even realize it.

It is going to be exciting to see the Progressive Thunder vs All State Spurs. Seems like a natural rivalry. Or how about Lexus Lakers vs MGM Kings.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, second to games ending in a tie, my biggest problem with soccer is when two teams are playing I have no freaking clue who is playing each other because on the jersey is nothing but a company name.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sacramento Kings are the future model of what NBA teams are going to look like. That is, a soccer club on hardwood.

Maybe it is because I haven't seen a Kings game in awhile, but nothing about what I saw last night looked like the Sacramento Kings. Their layout, look, and color of their court did not match the Kings. Their uniforms didn't match the Kings.

What was it? Advertisement. Their jerseys looked like soccer jerseys, their court was covered with ads. So ridiculous. The NBA is selling out tradition for a few extra million. Do they really need that much more? Is it really worth it?

I think since the NBA is letting teams use about 40 different uniforms for each team, and first allowing the little patch ad on the shoulders, it is NBA's slow movement to making NBA uniforms look just like soccer and WNBA. In a year or two each team will be full on running advertisements and we won't even realize it.

It is going to be exciting to see the Progressive Thunder vs All State Spurs. Seems like a natural rivalry. Or how about Lexus Lakers vs MGM Kings.

They were wearing special uniforms (The City editions) and they change court when they wear those jerseys.

40 different uniforms? Teams are actually wearing fewer jerseys than in the past. Excluding the traditional 3 jerseys (what used to be called home, road, and alternate), most teams only wear 1 other jersey.

Basically you don't know what you're talking about.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were wearing special uniforms (The City editions) and they change court when they wear those jerseys.

40 different uniforms? Teams are actually wearing fewer jerseys than in the past. Excluding the traditional 3 jerseys (what used to be called home, road, and alternate), most teams only wear 1 other jersey.

Basically you don't know what you're talking about.

Fewer uniforms? Beg to differ. I remember a time when the Lakers white home unis on Sunday were a unique thing.

Cavaliers alone have maybe 6 uniform combinations.

Your Miami Heat wearing their 80's Miami Vice, haven't seen that before.

Just wait, in 2 years the jerseys won't say Heat on them, they will say Honda.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fewer uniforms? Beg to differ. I remember a time when the Lakers white home unis on Sunday were a unique thing.

Once again you're wrong.

Good luck finding me these 6 uniforms for the Cavs. They have 4 uniforms. 1 more than the 3 uniforms which is the standard for every team.

Yes the Heat are wearing their vice uniforms as a part of the NBA city uniforms. Uniforms they wore in the past are now gone.

What don't you understand.

22 of 30 teams are using 1 additional jersey this year then you have the other 8 teams wearing 2 additional jersey as they're wearing a classic uniform.

What is so hard to understand

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the model for how NOT to run a franchise

just a complete sack of shit for 12 years

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, second to games ending in a tie, my biggest problem with soccer is when two teams are playing I have no freaking clue who is playing each other because on the jersey is nothing but a company name.

Why are you looking at what's written on the jersey rather than the color? It's not hard to tell the difference between a red team and a white team.

Also, the names of the teams are on the screen.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you looking at what's written on the jersey rather than the color? It's not hard to tell the difference between a red team and a white team.

Also, the names of the teams are on the screen.
Use to be easy to know who the home team was and who was playing. Not anymore. Teams where whatever color they choose wherever they play.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what OD is saying about the colors. It used to be the home team always wore white, but now it seems like they wear the road or alternate jerseys most the time. The Suns however always wear white at home but now they are being forced to wear white on the road because other teams are always putting on a fashion show. The Suns have probably worn their white jerseys for 75% of their games as a result.

I know 100% of you don’t care about the Suns uniforms but I had to vent.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sacramento Kings model is busted, and the uniforms are not a reason why.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who finds it ironic and funny as hell that it's an Oregon fan who is bitching about uniform designs and colors?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

An Oregon fan is complaining about too many different uniform styles.

An Oregon fan!! :pound:

Is this real life?
They weren't Nike ads on the uniform.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please leave us alone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon Ducks fan complaining about uniform combinations = EPIC!

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Ducks fan complaining about uniform combinations = EPIC!

I'm not one to complain -- I like the variety and most of the uniforms.

BUT ... white numbers on white jerseys ... or dark numbers on black jerseys are really annoying.

Also not great not to have good contrast between the two teams. (both wearing dark)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be in Seattle