• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The rest of the season

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the national championship and big 12 championship odds are hovering around zero, I have to wonder.....

Perhaps I bought too much into the optimism after a strong finish last year and a good looking start this year.

The team has great individual talent, but seems to lack the mental makeup to put together consistent efforts.

Offensive coaching will not mature or develop beyond what we see now. Its erratic. Good week, bad week. Good half, bad half. I just don't get it.

Announcers can still change the game with a good jinx.

I don't want to hear there is no one besides Sheppard who can catch the ball. It looked to me that if thrown to, the other guys can catch just fine. That argument is dead.

I don't know where the defense went. If you are giving up big plays without punishing anyone, why not punish them and risk giving up the big play? Something has changed to where they rarely get after it anymore. Baylor smacked an untouchable boyken around. Texas looked like they could move the ball. I though the D would be a consistent part of the team and would give the O time to develop...but i was wrong. Same can be said of the special teams (mental mistakes i suppose)

When knight was out, we ran it down their throats! WTF!

Time to develop talent where you can and add some depth since the annual big 12 championship goal looks to be DOA.

This game just got away from us...and thats enough from this frustrated fan. I want to see them do well and am interested in how they conduct themselves for the remainder of the season.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is a dumpster fire. Bob refuses to hold people accountable so he should be. The only thing we as fans and alumni can do is quit going to the games. Bob's arrogance is unbelievable. You have a third and short on the last drive of the game and you go under center and run a QB sneak. I'm thinking wow we actually learned something from the TCU game. Then we have a third and goal from the half yard line on the same drive to win the game and we hand it off from the shotgun 7 yards deep! You all know how that worked for us. We are two pick 6 balls from Trevor from being undefeated. We never have time outs left at the end of the half or the game because we can't get our shit together in getting the right personnel on the field or the play called in a timely manner. THAT IS ALL ON THE COACHES!!!! This team is good enough to beat anyone in the country but the coaches are bad enough to lose to anyone!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is a dumpster fire. Bob refuses to hold people accountable so he should be. The only thing we as fans and alumni can do is quit going to the games. Bob's arrogance is unbelievable. You have a third and short on the last drive of the game and you go under center and run a QB sneak. I'm thinking wow we actually learned something from the TCU game. Then we have a third and goal from the half yard line on the same drive to win the game and we hand it off from the shotgun 7 yards deep! You all know how that worked for us. We are two pick 6 balls from Trevor from being undefeated. We never have time outs left at the end of the half or the game because we can't get our shit together in getting the right personnel on the field or the play called in a timely manner. THAT IS ALL ON THE COACHES!!!! This team is good enough to beat anyone in the country but the coaches are bad enough to lose to anyone!

:10:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU can still win the rest of the games on their schedule. It will all come down to how well Trevor Knight and the secondary plays from here on out.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Bell still hasn't dropped a pass. Has gained positive yards on every play he's touched the ball but sill we don't use him.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make a prediction I made last year before the season started.
WE WONT WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY KIND AS LONG AS BOB IS THE COACH.

Most people jumped my shit about getting onto Bob too hard. Apologists. Telling me it was about the players or assistant coaches or recruiting and never acknowledging that all that is on Bob.

Good to see you guys stepping up and seeing it for what it is.
Dog shit, that's what.
If Bob doesn't want to put in the time, or push his coaches, or is burned out, then leave. He isn't doing anybody any favors with his lackluster performances except his wallet.

It's hard to imagine what 47 straight was like, when you cant get past 6.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make a prediction I made last year before the season started.
WE WONT WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY KIND AS LONG AS BOB IS THE COACH.

Most people jumped my shit about getting onto Bob too hard. Apologists. Telling me it was about the players or assistant coaches or recruiting and never acknowledging that all that is on Bob.

Good to see you guys stepping up and seeing it for what it is.
Dog shit, that's what.
If Bob doesn't want to put in the time, or push his coaches, or is burned out, then leave. He isn't doing anybody any favors with his lackluster performances except his wallet.

It's hard to imagine what 47 straight was like, when you cant get past 6.

I get what you're saying, but to be honest, this is a little unfair. Teams simply don't go on runs like this anymore in this day and age. It's a different game.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarkOU, don't put all the blame on the coaches. I would put some blame on our kicker who missed two short field goals against KSU. If he made either one, we win. If we blocked properly on the extra point that was blocked, we at least go in to overtime. I agree with you on that play call from the 2 on 3rd and goal. I would have either qb sneaked or done any play where the qb snaps the ball under center.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MarkOU, don't put all the blame on the coaches. I would put some blame on our kicker who missed two short field goals against KSU. If he made either one, we win. If we blocked properly on the extra point that was blocked, we at least go in to overtime. I agree with you on that play call from the 2 on 3rd and goal. I would have either qb sneaked or done any play where the qb snaps the ball under center.

Hard to bust Hunnicut's balls. Everyone has a bad day.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier in the season, I thought BU coming into Norman was going to be nice payback, but now not quite as sure. Same with OkSU coming to Norman. I think we can win 3 of the last 5. We should be able to win in Ames and Lubbock. And KU at home. Probaby even OkSU at home. If we can get 4 of the last 5, we won't win the B12 or go to the playoffs, but it will be ok. Will get a secondary bowl. Oh well.....what do they really mean anymore?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is October 26, 2014. It has been 5,044 days since OU won its last National Championship. And we lost 3 others during that time span. The last NC was won primarily with John Blake's recruiting. In the past 5,044 days we have had Sam Bradford and Jason White win Heisman Trophies. We had Adrian Peterson and a multitude of other players who were the best at their positions when they played. 5,044 days. Since then the OU athletic department has spent countless tens of millions of dollars to improve the football facilities and now they are going to spend hundreds of millions more to improve the football facilities. Bob Stoops has been paid approximately $55,000,000 during this period of time. 5,044 days. Bob Stoops has been schooled by Saban, Snyder, Miles, Meyer, Carroll, etc., etc. during that time span. OU has lost embarrassing bowl games to Boise State Jr. College, West Virginia and Texas A&M not to mention the horrid losses for National Championships. It's been 5,044 days. And counting. I refused to write any more checks until John Blake was gone. I will no longer write checks while Bob Stoops is the head coach either. Right or wrong, I am finished financially supporting the OU football program until the AD and President of the University come to their senses. It is going to be at least another 1,000+ days before things change at OU. Get used to it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is October 26, 2014. It has been 5,044 days since OU won its last National Championship. And we lost 3 others during that time span. The last NC was won primarily with John Blake's recruiting. In the past 5,044 days we have had Sam Bradford and Jason White win Heisman Trophies. We had Adrian Peterson and a multitude of other players who were the best at their positions when they played. 5,044 days. Since then the OU athletic department has spent countless tens of millions of dollars to improve the football facilities and now they are going to spend hundreds of millions more to improve the football facilities. Bob Stoops has been paid approximately $55,000,000 during this period of time. 5,044 days. Bob Stoops has been schooled by Saban, Snyder, Miles, Meyer, Carroll, etc., etc. during that time span. OU has lost embarrassing bowl games to Boise State Jr. College, West Virginia and Texas A&M not to mention the horrid losses for National Championships. It's been 5,044 days. And counting. I refused to write any more checks until John Blake was gone. I will no longer write checks while Bob Stoops is the head coach either. Right or wrong, I am finished financially supporting the OU football program until the AD and President of the University come to their senses. It is going to be at least another 1,000+ days before things change at OU. Get used to it.

:agree: 100%
Bob is in his comfort zone. Nothing is going to change. He doesn't have the fire anymore and doesn't have the assistants in place to get the job done.

When a team comes into Norman and beats your ass that has 32 walk-ons and Juco's on their team, you know we are in terrible shape. Bob has let things slide downhill for years now. Even if he "got that fire" back, and made the "tough decisions" about his coaches, it would take years to pull out of the nose dive.